Mr. Big Dog

Putin strong? He cannot even control his own propaganda machine

99 posts in this topic

Penny, I don't think you're so naive as to think the US or any country for that matter is devoid of people who embrace varying forms of liberal government, and those who embrace varying forms of conservative government. When you look at news reporting in the US, people watch and read the news that supports their political beliefs. There are very few true journalists left on the US, because the marketplace demands a certain type of news. I do watch and read news reports that have a negative view of me, and anyone like me. I'm realistic enough to know how Fox News gets under the skin of liberals. It gets old real fast to hear lambasting of any report just because of the source. Truth be told I'm a Libertarian, so any politician who embraces this party thinking I can embrace. There are very few things about a liberal agenda that I would ever support. Liberals feel the same about their world.

That is what tends to happen when the source is so routinely unreliable or incorrect in their reporting.

Filed: Other Timeline

That is what tends to happen when the source is so routinely unreliable or incorrect in their reporting.

In this day and age any news story that reports something that is false or obviously twisted will be immediately slammed in the blogosphere and open press. But, there is a difference between reporting the actions of a liberal government to a conservative audience, and reporting the same story to a liberal audience. The root of the message remains, but may be surrounded by weeds or flowers as appropriate. If you are however suggesting that Fox News is guilty of being unreliable or incorrect in their reporting, I would like to see that evidence from a non-partisan source.

Edited by ExExpat

Actually, there have been quite a few articles that Fox news has reported that have been debunked here. I've shot down at least one or two by myself.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Actually, there have been quite a few articles that Fox news has reported that have been debunked here. I've shot down at least one or two by myself.

That's an easy statement to make, but very difficult to substantiate, not only because I do not see the evidence in your post, but because most anything in politics is very difficult to openly "debunk." Politics is like a slippery magician who uses misdirection to make you look somewhere else while he pulls a rabbit from his keester. Facts, figures, numbers, and statements of absolute leave less wiggle-room. For example:

1. If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor

2. All of these are phony scandals.

If you are however suggesting that Fox News is guilty of being unreliable or incorrect in their reporting, I would like to see that evidence from a non-partisan source.

How many pieces of evidence would you like and what sources would you accept?

http://www.livescience.com/23448-fox-news-climate-coverage-wrong.html

Here's a report on how inaccurate their coverage of climate change has been.

And for fun, take a look at the Fox personalities on this list and see how many truths there are vs the lies:

http://www.politifact.com/punditfact/tv/fox/

Compare that to CNN.

Edited by Penny Lane

How many pieces of evidence would you like and what sources would you accept?

http://www.livescience.com/23448-fox-news-climate-coverage-wrong.html

Here's a report on how inaccurate their coverage of climate change has been.

And for fun, take a look at the Fox personalities on this list and see how many truths there are vs the lies:

http://www.politifact.com/punditfact/tv/fox/

Global Warming is not science. Come on. You can do better than that! By the way, statements from commentators is NOT news reporting. It's opinion. Learn the difference.

Edited by ExExpat

Global Warming is not science. Come on. You can do better than that!

There's no way you even read the article I posted that quickly. Don't ask for something you have no interest in.

Global Warming is not science. Come on. You can do better than that! By the way, statements from commentators is NOT news reporting. It's opinion. Learn the difference.

Here's the one I was talking about:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/409827-egyptian-court-sentences-christian-family-to-15-years-for-converting-from-islam/?hl=%2Bforgery#entry5927271

Funny how every other news outlet kept the most important part of the story in, yet Fox news made sure they left it out.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

There's no way you even read the article I posted that quickly. Don't ask for something you have no interest in.

I scanned the entire article in less than ten seconds and saw that it was filled with global warming ideology. I know libs think this is settled science, but that's something you and I or anyone else on the board can resolve.

By the way, statements from commentators is NOT news reporting. It's opinion. Learn the difference.

Opinion?

Stating things like:

"In July 2010 the government said small businesses -- 60 percent -- will lose their health care, 45 percent of big business and a large percentage of individual health.""

That's not stating an opinion. That's attempting to report news as fact when it's FALSE.

I scanned the entire article in less than ten seconds

Exactly.

Is that how you approach all of your news? No wonder you have faith in Fox, then.

Edited by Penny Lane

Here's the one I was talking about:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/409827-egyptian-court-sentences-christian-family-to-15-years-for-converting-from-islam/?hl=%2Bforgery#entry5927271

Funny how every other news outlet kept the most important part of the story in, yet Fox news made sure they left it out.

Discussions here on VJ are not evidence of debunking. Let's see some evidence from news sources.

"Says Colorado food stamp recipients can use ATMs to get cash to buy marijuana."

How is this opinion? It's not. It's once again pretending to report news when actually simply lying.

Discussions here on VJ are not evidence of debunking. Let's see some evidence from news sources.

I posted them. The links to the lie and the links to the truth. You have no interest because for some reason you think I linked to people stating an opinion when I did not. I linked to people reporting things that are not true.

Opinion?

Stating things like:

"In July 2010 the government said small businesses -- 60 percent -- will lose their health care, 45 percent of big business and a large percentage of individual health.""

That's not stating an opinion. That's attempting to report news as fact when it's FALSE.

Exactly.

Is that how you approach all of your news? No wonder you have faith in Fox, then.

Actually, I don't want to take the time to read a news article. It's lazy to post a link and expect someone to read it and report back to you. How about using your own words to make a statement and then post a few news sources to substantiate it.

Actually, I don't want to take the time to read a news article. It's lazy to post a link and expect someone to read it and report back to you. How about using your own words to make a statement and then post a few news sources to substantiate it.

You ASKED for the links.

Again, don't ask for things that you have no interest in.

You asked for evidence, I posted some, you skimmed it for 10 seconds, determined it unworthy and now claim to not want it. :lol:

Edited by Penny Lane

You ASKED for the links.

Again, don't ask for things that you have no interest in.

Let me clarify then and apologize for confusing you. Since you, or others have a viewpoint, please take a few minutes to make a statement about what you think is real and what you think is false IN YOUR OWN WORDS. Don't rely on posting news reports without posting your own personal observations. It's so damned easy to post a news story and then make a statement like: "There, in your face!" Come out of your protective shell and put yourself out there. That should be easy enough if you feel confident of your political position.

Edited by ExExpat