Jon & Laurel

Interview date -

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

My fiance and I have been waiting to receive an interview date since sending our packet back on 11-30-06. I called today and although they have our paperwork and confirmed it has been processed, they still have not scheduled us an interview date. I know we will get it soon but I say screw the govenment for making us wait for 7+ months to be together. We could know tomarrow or in a month. But the waiting and not knowing is unbearable. We are thinking about getting a plane ticket and just having him come over until the interview date. There are many obstacles if we do this such as more costs, Jon leaving his job, selling his car, maybe not being able to get into the country, etc. but we just want to be together. In the end that's all that matters. I know everyone else feels the same way. I see it when I read your blogs. I ask my friends what they would do but not being in the same situation they all say do the logical thing and wait it out. If you were us what would you do-Wait or take fate into your own hands??? Are there things to consider that maybe we are not considering? Also, please share your stories with us. It makes me feel not as alone in all this.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
My fiance and I have been waiting to receive an interview date since sending our packet back on 11-30-06. I called today and although they have our paperwork and confirmed it has been processed, they still have not scheduled us an interview date. I know we will get it soon but I say screw the govenment for making us wait for 7+ months to be together. We could know tomarrow or in a month. But the waiting and not knowing is unbearable. We are thinking about getting a plane ticket and just having him come over until the interview date. There are many obstacles if we do this such as more costs, Jon leaving his job, selling his car, maybe not being able to get into the country, etc. but we just want to be together. In the end that's all that matters. I know everyone else feels the same way. I see it when I read your blogs. I ask my friends what they would do but not being in the same situation they all say do the logical thing and wait it out. If you were us what would you do-Wait or take fate into your own hands??? Are there things to consider that maybe we are not considering? Also, please share your stories with us. It makes me feel not as alone in all this.

Hi Jon&Laurel, You are right..it is really hard to wait for your visa schedule because you cant plan and dont know what to do. When I didnt know yet my interview schedule. I always felt frustrated checking online if our case got schedule already just knowing that they will have the same answer. Sometimes, my fiance think of some ways we can be together fast without waiting for the visa. All I do is join the forum to make me busy and not be too stressful with the waiting. I congratulate those who passed and got their schedule thinking that someday or sooner I will have mine too that the waiting is worth it. Then I make a blog to make me busy too, where I share my thoughts and feelings about the visa and about the situation being far with someone we love. It makes me feel good hearing people's encouragement and support from the members and after all, Im not just alone with this journey. I learned to be patient too and also thought this, I able to share what I got from this forum and from other's experience to those people who will just start with their journey.

Dont worry, it will be worth the wait.

vhi

If I were you..... I think I would wait and not spend the money now on air plane tickets while you could spend the money with your baby later on when you guys are together. You've gone this far,..trust me, both of you will be ok and this will be over soon. Good luck! :)

TIMELINE :

Nov 16th, 2006 Sent I-129F to VSC - overnighted

Nov 20th, 2006 NOA1

Dec 4th, 2006 NOA2 !!!!! Dang...that was fast.. thank you GOD....

Dec 12th, 2006 E-mail from NVC : Petition forwarded to US Embassy in Jakarta, Indonesia

Dec 14th, 2006 E-mail from US Embassy in Jakarta : Packet 3

Jan 08th, 2007 Medical exam! --- Done! Dunno the result tho......... =/

Feb 06th, 2007 Sent packet 3 back to the Embassy with DHL!!!

Feb 15th, 2007 Packet 4 (By phone...)

Feb 22nd, 2007 Interview date!! - VISA APPROVED!!!!!

Apr 15th, 2007 POE : Detroit

May 04th, 2007 Barefoot wedding at Hutchinson Island, FL

May 09th, 2007 Applied for SSN

May 18th, 2007 SSN Received

June 9th, 2007 AOS + EAD paperwork sent

June 15th, 2007 NOA1 for AOS and EAD

June 18th, 2007 CHECKS CASHED (for both AOS and EAD)

July 10th, 2007 Biometrics Appt.

Aug 02nd, 2007 AOS transferred to CSC

Aug 22nd, 2007 EAD card production ordered!

Aug 29th, 2007 Greencard production ordered!!

Aug 31st, 2007 EAD card received

Sept 7th, 2007 2 Year Greencard received

June 24, 2009 I-751 sent (Priority Mail)

June 29, 2009 NOA 1

July 31, 2009 Biometrics

Oct 30, 2009 Card production ordered!!!

Nov 06, 2009 10 Year Greencard received

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Hi Jon and Laurel,

I feel exactly the same way..believe me. We started our process in May and I have been ok up until this last few weeks but Christmas/New Year just got to me. It's like you just get sick of waiting, the distance and not being able to plan anything takes its toll after a while.

I thought about flying to the USA to be with my fiance until the interview too but we will need the money to set up house when the Visa is finally approved (my man lives on an Army base at the moment). So I am waiting and working and concentrating on saving money. Trying also to concentrate on enjoying the time I spend with family and friends because when I go it will be awhile before I see them again.

Hang in there, it's hard but the time goes quickly. It will be over before you know it and you will be with him (that's what i tell myself anyway ;) ).

19 Apr 07: ARRIVED JFK POE and got the temp EAD stamp!!!!

27 Apr 07: Got Married

14 May 07: Received SSN

04 June 07: GOT A JOB!!

16 June 07: Wedding Reception in San Francisco

13 August 07: Got new EAD

23 November 07: Adjustment of Status approved

25 December 07: First white Christmas EVER!!!!

27 Apr 08: First Wedding Anniversary

4 July 08: Mt Rushmore for 4th July

27 April 09: Second Wedding Anniversary

October 09: Hoping to visit Australia

I know exactly how it feels and indeed, it's really hard being far away from the one you love. There will be times that you'd consider trading everything you have in this world just to be with your honey. Just hang in there for the time to be happy will come. You're one step closer and you've been through a lot already. You're not alone and everyone here needs to go through the same situation. Make yourself busy to make the wait bearable and you'll see, in the end, it's worth all the wait. Hang in there (the most used phrase here) and you'll pass this through.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF US!

Mae

N-400 NATURALIZATION

04/04/2011 - Mailed N-400 to AZ Lockbox

04/06/2011 - Received

04/07/2011 - NOA

04/07/2011 - Check cashed

04/14/2011 - Biometrics appointment in the mail

04/21/2011 - Early Biometrics (was scheduled on May 4, 2011)

05/09/2011 - Case Status Notification - In line for interview and testing

05/10/2011 - Case Status Notification - Interview scheduled

05/14/2011 - Interview Appointment Letter in the mail

06/21/2011 - Interview Appointment Date

06/29/2011 - Case Status Notification - Placed in the oath scheduling que

08/16/2011 - Case Status Notification - Oath ceremony scheduled

09/15/2011 - Oath Taking - good riddance!

09/23/2011 - Applied for Passport

10/08/2011 - Passport in the mail

10/17/2011 - Certificate of Naturalization in the mail -- OFFICIALLY DONE!

"Love is a noble act of self-giving, offering trust, faith, and loyalty.

The more you love, the more you lose a part of yourself, yet you don't become less of who you are;

you end up being complete with your loved ones."

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I'm another one that hates the limbo sensation. If I just knew WHEN things would start moving I'd feel much much better. Yes, we only filed a few weeks ago, but have been together( yet apart for years...I'm incredibly impatient to be done with all the waiting.

-12/15/06 Mailed off I-129F

-12/19/06 NOA1 via email

-01/05/07 NOA2 via email

-01/13/07 NVC notice via snail mail

-01/25/07 Packet 3 arrives.

-02/22/07 Packet 3 is mailed.

-03/02/07 Medical

-03/13/07 Packet 4 arrives.

-03/16-24/07 Honey visits.

-04/02/07 Interview(Approved)

-04/10/07 Visa arrives.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Gosh, I am sorry that it is taking so long for you. I am in Germany and I received my interview 2 weeks after sending back my signed checklist. I hope you hear something soon because you are right, waiting is a pain in the butt! Good luck to you!

036.jpg

Timeline:

*Met in Tanzfleck, Germany October 24, 2003 - Continued dating until he got out of the ARMY in Nov. 2005. Continued LD relationship.

*Came to visit me in Germany for New Years 2006

*Filed for K1 Visa on 4/4/06

*NOA1 - 7/6/06

*I-129F NOA2 Approved - 9/14/06

*Came to see me Thanksgiving week in Nov. 2006

*K1 Interview - 2/2/07

*K1 Visa received - 2/11/07

*Date of US Entry (POE Chicago)- 3/5/07

*Wedding/Marriage - 3/17/07

AOS (My case was expedited due to husband going to Iraq):

*Filed for AOS - 4/20/07

*Found out in the beginning of June that husband is going to Iraq

*NOA for I-485 - 6/11/07

*Made Infopass appointment to get case expedited due to deployment (Infopass appt 6/12/07)

*Biometrics - 7/7/07

*Interview date - 7/11/07

*I-485 Aprroval date- 7/11/07

*Green Card Received- 7/19/07

Removal of Conditions:

*Filed petition to remove conditions on 6/9/09

*NOA- 6/15/09

*Biometrics Appt. in Birmingham - 8/6/09

*Lifting of Conditions Approval Date - 10/22/09

*Waiting for Green Card!

Had our daughter on 4/4/08 and have another baby due 11/19/09!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.