karlatassin

doesnt know where to start in ROC with less than 60 days left to comply for the application

7 posts in this topic

Hello VJ Friends,

I am now in the process of ROC. My husband is devorcing me and the divorce paper will take long. We are still communicating to each other. He lives in Downey and I live in Oceanside both in California. He told me he is willing to help with the visa process but I couldnt get the requirements as I am filling it on my own .I couldn't submit the final divorce paper coz I have no idea when it'll come. I got some evidences that our marraige is in good faith like the car insurance and the taxes he filled and also I was able to get the lease of the place where we previously live. Now, they said I might be deported if I fail to comply the requirements needed by the immigration. My husband is still deciding wheather he is going to withdraw the divorce or to pursue it just to help me stay in the country. I still love him and Him as well to me. Now my question is..Is it possible to apply jointly with my spouse but our adresses are different totally. We still go out evry weekend. He sometimes drove from his Place to my place just to spend the weekend together. I took some pictures of us but its not alot only few. I Am seeking and begging for help regarding with this matter. THANK YOU in advance

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Duplicate thread removed~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

I can smell fraud here, sorry

I really dont understand why only philpinos are going through with this kind of situation these days? Im really sorry forgive me but its true

I hope other senior members wud help you here

Good Luck sis

I can smell fraud here, sorry

I really dont understand why only philpinos are going through with this kind of situation these days? Im really sorry forgive me but its true

I hope other senior members wud help you here

Good Luck sis

What a terrible and useless comment above!

It's a good thing that the ROC is not a test to see if you're still in love or if the marriage worked out. That is why filing with a divorce waiver is possible. It seems that your husband is willing to help you as you DID NOT commit fraud. An impending divorce is NOT a sign of a non-bonafide marriage. Most spouses in this phase are resentful, do not communicate with the green card holder, etc. If your husband is still willing to support you through your permanent residency, that by all means let him help you. You are not (yet) divorced and there are often many reasons for spouses to have separate residences. If his moving out is the best for your relationship, then so what? If asked by immigration, tell the truth. Your marriage is in trouble but the two of you are still communicating and still willing to assist each other.

I do have a question. You say you're filing on your own. Do you mean you are the only one gathering evidence? Did he sign the I-751 form? OR do you mean you are filling based on a divorce but the divorce paperwork is not final?

These are 2 very different situations and you need to know how to proceed with both. Good luck!

AOS

03/24/11 - Got married in the Boogie-Down Bronx, NYC!
04/21/11 - Mailed I-130,I-765, I-485, I-864 and I-693 - Day 00

04/23/11 - Application delivered - Day 02
04/28/11 - NOA (most forms) - Day 07
05/03/11 - Checks cashed - Day 12
05/31/11 - Biometrics completed in the Bronx, NYC - Day 40
06/24/11 - Received someone else's employment authorization card!!! What the...? - Day 64
07/01/11 - Mailed the poor lady's card back after calling USCIS - Day 71
07/07/11 - Received poor lady's interview notice! What??? - Day 77
07/15/11 - Received my own EAD card - Day 85
08/12/11 - Interview. Approved on the spot! - Day 113
08/18/11 - Received card in the mail - Day 119

ROC
05/28/13 - Mailed I-751 - Day 00

05/30/13 - Application delivered - Day 02

05/31/13 - NOA I-797 - Day 03
06/04/13 - Check cashed - Day 07

06/06/13 - NOA delivered to my home/Biometrics letter generated - Day 09

06/10/13 - Received Biometrics letter in the mail - Day 13

06/27/13 - Biometrics completed in Milwaukee, WI - Day 30

09/10/13 - Application approved! - Day 105

09/14/13 - 10 year Green Card received! - Day 109

Citizenship

05/10/16 - Mailed N-400 - Day 00

05/12/16 - Application delivered - Day 02

05/13/16 - Credit card payment accepted - Day 03

05/17/16 - Received text & email update - Day 07

05/20/16 - Received 1st NOA (dated 05/13/16) & created ELIS acct - Day 10

05/21/16 - Received 2nd NOA (dated 05/16/16) confirming my DOB and address - Day 11

05/22/06 - Biometrics scheduled (online update) and appt letter was mailed on 05/20/16 - Day 12

05/24/06 - Biometrics letter became viewable online (appt scheduled for 06/07/16) - Day 14

05/27/16 - Received Biometrics letter in mail - Day 17

05/31/16 - Was denied walk-in fingerprints with just 1 person left in line. Milwaukee office, boo! - Day 21

06/07/16 - Biometrics completed in Milwaukee, WI - Day 28

12/21/16 - Passed Citizenship test/Interview was successful! - Day 197

01/26/17 - I am a US citizen!!! - Day 233

What a terrible and useless comment above!

It's a good thing that the ROC is not a test to see if you're still in love or if the marriage worked out. That is why filing with a divorce waiver is possible. It seems that your husband is willing to help you as you DID NOT commit fraud. An impending divorce is NOT a sign of a non-bonafide marriage. Most spouses in this phase are resentful, do not communicate with the green card holder, etc. If your husband is still willing to support you through your permanent residency, that by all means let him help you. You are not (yet) divorced and there are often many reasons for spouses to have separate residences. If his moving out is the best for your relationship, then so what? If asked by immigration, tell the truth. Your marriage is in trouble but the two of you are still communicating and still willing to assist each other.

I do have a question. You say you're filing on your own. Do you mean you are the only one gathering evidence? Did he sign the I-751 form? OR do you mean you are filling based on a divorce but the divorce paperwork is not final?

These are 2 very different situations and you need to know how to proceed with both. Good luck!

Im sorry if it hurt your feelings but i didnt meant to, but i was jst thinking abt other side

She can do ROC byherlsef she shudnt involve her husband jst to get 10yr when she already knws her marriage is broken nd they are seprated, i jst wanted to say tht she shud be honest with uscis thats it

First and foremost I dont wanna use people. I seek help because I dont wana lie. So sad to say that my fellow filipino has to be so judgemental. But anyways,@Chezzes thank you for your positive response, Yes he signed the form I-751 with me and I am going to file it on my own but the divorce is not final yet ..I have the money to pay for it already

First and foremost I dont wanna use people. I seek help because I dont wana lie. So sad to say that my fellow filipino has to be so judgemental. But anyways,@Chezzes thank you for your positive response, Yes he signed the form I-751 with me and I am going to file it on my own but the divorce is not final yet ..I have the money to pay for it already

If you're getting divorced then you shouldn't be filing a joint I-751 petition. You should be filing for ROC on your own with a divorce waiver.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.