3,016 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

This is an office’s news alert. Tonight, President Barrack Obama, announced his Immigration Accountability Executive Actions to initiate the reformation of the U.S. immigration system. The executive actions will have significant impact on the immigrant community. This summary is a courtesy of the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA). Our understanding is that details (and memos) are still being worked on at this time. Many items are still unclear, and the merits of many may not be known until the details are known. Some will require regulations, but others can be done by memo.

Here are the principal components as we currently understand them:

Enforcement Priorities. Many of the existing memos on enforcement priorities and prosecutorial discretion will be replaced by a new memo that will name three enforcement priorities, which will be operational immediately:

1. Suspected terrorists, convicted felons (including aggravated felonies), convicted gang members, and people apprehended on the border;

2. People convicted of serious or multiple misdemeanors, and very recent entrants (i.e., those who entered after 1/1/14);

3. Those who, after 1/1/14, failed to leave under a removal order or returned after removal.

The memo will contain “strong language” on using prosecutorial discretion appropriately. While most other memos on the subject will be rescinded, the victims of crime memo and the USCIS memo on issuance of NTAs will stand.
Deferred Actions: two deferred action initiatives that combined are estimated to benefit 4.4 million:

1. Deferred Action for Parents (DAP). Parents of U.S. citizens and lawful permanent residents (of any age) who have been continuously present since 1/1/10, and who pass background checks and pay taxes, will be eligible to apply for deferred action, which will be granted for a 3-year period. The plan is to stand this up within 180 days (for applications to be accepted). Note that parents of DACA recipients are not eligible.

2. Expansion of DACA. DACA will be revised to get rid of the age cap, and to change the date that continuous presence must have started to 1/1/10. It also will be granted for 3 years (including those with pending renewal applications). Ready in 90 days.

hen there is important immigration news, the office will sent this free e-mail alert to current and former clients of our law firm, to those who have specifically asked to receive it, and to those who have contacted our firm for legal advice in the past. If the immigration alert is being sent to you in error, please follow the instructions at the bottom of this page and you will immediately be removed from our list of subscribers. If you know someone who might enjoy receiving this free e-mail immigration alert, please send us that person’s e-mail address. Please note that your email and privacy are the utmost importance to us. We would not share your e-mail address with anyone else.

Pending Proceedings. There will be a review of cases currently under proceedings to see who is prima facie eligible for the relief stated in this program, and those cases will be closed.

Timing of Filing for Adjustment of Status. The ability of individuals with an approved employment-based immigrant petition who are caught in the quota backlogs to file for adjustment of status will be advanced to permit them to obtain the benefits of a pending adjustment. This is expected to impact about 410,000 people. This will be done by regulation.

OPT. The length of time in OPT for STEM graduates will be expanded and the relationship between the student and the school will be strengthened for this period. Other changes, such as allowing STEM OPT post-master’s degree where only the first degree is in a STEM field is under consideration. This will be done by regulation.

I-601a Waivers. The provisional waiver will be expanded to include spouses and children of LPRs. The definition of extreme hardship will be expanded and clarified.

Visa Modernization. There will be a Presidential Memorandum directing the agencies to look at modernizing the visa system, with a view to making optimal use of the numbers of visa available under law. Issues such as whether derivatives should be counted and whether past unused visa numbers can be recaptured will be included in this effort.

http://us2.campaign-archive2.com/?u=7c80bd66d11d025362da149a8&id=084a215280

final rule is scheduled in December 2014.

Edited by phuthinh

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Well I filed in september 2006 through the f 4 category. When do u think my turn will come ?

Atleast after 10 years. Because nowadays bulletin is moving 5 months in a year from last 2 years. and cases as v know r 2.4 million pending in NVC.

My PD is May 6, 2002 and i will get current after May 2015.

If immigration reform bill pass in future by congress but there will be nothing for F4. only for employment and spouses of greencard. F4 will be eliminated and v dont know what they do with pending cases of F4.

So i think wait time will reach up to 20 years at least for world wide categories.

This is an offices news alert. Tonight, President Barrack Obama, announced his Immigration Accountability Executive Actions to initiate the reformation of the U.S. immigration system. The executive actions will have significant impact on the immigrant community. This summary is a courtesy of the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA). Our understanding is that details (and memos) are still being worked on at this time. Many items are still unclear, and the merits of many may not be known until the details are known. Some will require regulations, but others can be done by memo.

Here are the principal components as we currently understand them:

Enforcement Priorities. Many of the existing memos on enforcement priorities and prosecutorial discretion will be replaced by a new memo that will name three enforcement priorities, which will be operational immediately:

• Suspected terrorists, convicted felons (including aggravated felonies), convicted gang members, and people apprehended on the border;

• People convicted of serious or multiple misdemeanors, and very recent entrants (i.e., those who entered after 1/1/14);

• Those who, after 1/1/14, failed to leave under a removal order or returned after removal.

The memo will contain strong language on using prosecutorial discretion appropriately. While most other memos on the subject will be rescinded, the victims of crime memo and the USCIS memo on issuance of NTAs will stand.

Deferred Actions: two deferred action initiatives that combined are estimated to benefit 4.4 million:

• Deferred Action for Parents (DAP). Parents of U.S. citizens and lawful permanent residents (of any age) who have been continuously present since 1/1/10, and who pass background checks and pay taxes, will be eligible to apply for deferred action, which will be granted for a 3-year period. The plan is to stand this up within 180 days (for applications to be accepted). Note that parents of DACA recipients are not eligible.

• Expansion of DACA. DACA will be revised to get rid of the age cap, and to change the date that continuous presence must have started to 1/1/10. It also will be granted for 3 years (including those with pending renewal applications). Ready in 90 days.

hen there is important immigration news, the office will sent this free e-mail alert to current and former clients of our law firm, to those who have specifically asked to receive it, and to those who have contacted our firm for legal advice in the past. If the immigration alert is being sent to you in error, please follow the instructions at the bottom of this page and you will immediately be removed from our list of subscribers. If you know someone who might enjoy receiving this free e-mail immigration alert, please send us that persons e-mail address. Please note that your email and privacy are the utmost importance to us. We would not share your e-mail address with anyone else.

Pending Proceedings. There will be a review of cases currently under proceedings to see who is prima facie eligible for the relief stated in this program, and those cases will be closed.

Timing of Filing for Adjustment of Status. The ability of individuals with an approved employment-based immigrant petition who are caught in the quota backlogs to file for adjustment of status will be advanced to permit them to obtain the benefits of a pending adjustment. This is expected to impact about 410,000 people. This will be done by regulation.

OPT. The length of time in OPT for STEM graduates will be expanded and the relationship between the student and the school will be strengthened for this period. Other changes, such as allowing STEM OPT post-masters degree where only the first degree is in a STEM field is under consideration. This will be done by regulation.

I-601a Waivers. The provisional waiver will be expanded to include spouses and children of LPRs. The definition of extreme hardship will be expanded and clarified.

Visa Modernization. There will be a Presidential Memorandum directing the agencies to look at modernizing the visa system, with a view to making optimal use of the numbers of visa available under law. Issues such as whether derivatives should be counted and whether past unused visa numbers can be recaptured will be included in this effort.

http://us2.campaign-archive2.com/?u=7c80bd66d11d025362da149a8&id=084a215280

final rule is scheduled in December 2014.

There is some hope in this.

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Full Text of President's Remarks in Las Vegas on Immigration Executive Actions and Two Memorandums Signed Yesterday

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

Full Text of President's Remarks in Las Vegas on Immigration Executive Actions and Two Memorandums Signed Yesterday

Would you Please tell us what is the impact on F4 visa of this Two Memorandums.

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Nope... Why would they eliminate those cases which have been already scheduled for interview ?? Not at all...

If at all F4 category is eliminated in future, then it means that they won't accept further i130 applications for F4 category... nothing else...

All those cases which have been pending since years will be processed as usual... don't worry...

If bill is passed what will happen for F4 cases which are already scheduled for interview ? All will be elemenated !!' Plz confirm

Timeline

To be implemented in Spring 2015.

Legal immigration:

1. Expand student visa options.

2. A new program for entrepreneurs who have investment and created jobs.

3. Portability of employment-based work visas.

4. H4 EADs for those who have an approved green card application (don’t think they changed anything from the rules that were released earlier this year).

No recapture of unused visas that I was so hoping for.

Tahmina Watson.

This will surely add many more years in our waiting time ...................very much disappointed.

Timeline

As per my cousin, they were never told any reason for delay. Whenver its ready we shall inform you was being told. Quite a possibility that my cousin must have not disclosed the actual reason to us.

Thank you.

Filed: Timeline

Atleast after 10 years. Because nowadays bulletin is moving 5 months in a year from last 2 years. and cases as v know r 2.4 million pending in NVC.

My PD is May 6, 2002 and i will get current after May 2015.

If immigration reform bill pass in future by congress but there will be nothing for F4. only for employment and spouses of greencard. F4 will be eliminated and v dont know what they do with pending cases of F4.

So i think wait time will reach up to 20 years at least for world wide categories.

USA Inc is so much money/vote minded, that they cannot afford to eliminate the pending cases, because they will have to return the application fee to the applicants, if they determine to eliminate. Of course, they will say that it will not be fair to eliminate the pending cases.

Filed: Other Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Well this will be heart breaking for the families of F4, whoes cases are still pebding , abd they get eliminated.

but at least , after that , they can live a single life , their american dreams would come to end, and they will work hard in their own country.

I will share my story.

we were living 2 lifes in pakistan , we use to say to every one , we will go to america , we will go to america.

now I am here in USA for more than 1 year , and I regret about my past.

I could have enjoyed a lot in pakistan , but we were just saving for USA.

now here , we had to start again from scratch.

off course , only rich and middle class people of pakistan have access to america.

so I can tell you guys , middle class and rich life of pakistan is hundred times better than this life of USA.

we had servants in pakistan , we were living life of a king there.

here we have to do every thing our self.

you have to get lot of education to get some good job , at least you have to go till masters.

other wise , lay man jobs are waiting for you.

fold cloths , sell food , wash dishes ,... this is all what you get.

Savvy Boy

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.