3,016 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Guys, I have choosed my brother to be my agent and i submitted coa online 8 days ago, he has to wait for nvc to contact him for paying aos fee???and how long???

PD 11sep2002

COA completed

Everyone is so busy for Nobama, :)

yes you have to wait for AOS fee to be available on-line from NVC. it took me only one week but it is NVC so you never know.

Call them.

Now a days , is anything sent by NVC by post or are all forms and packages sent by email. Someone please enlighten....

I think if you have legit email then they will send all by email.

Friend of mine got all in post.

While I got only first letter by post after that I got everything by email.

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I seriously don't understand the logic behind the prediction of retrogression now...
In November 2010's visa bulletin, the cut-off date was 1/1/2002 and then retrogression took place...and in September 2014's visa bulletin, the cutoff date is 1/1/2002 .
Therefore it nearly took 4 years to come to the actual date from where it retrogressed earlier... and now why will it retrogress again and again ??
I think there won't be any more retrogression for now...

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

08/29/2014: Obama Considering a Third Option Relating to Timing of Immigration Executive Actions?

• Readers will remember our posting a couple of days back on Obama's dilemma as to whether to save 2014 midterm national election or to save 2016 Presidential election for the Democratic Party. We thought there were only two options for him: either to use his pen before November 2014 election with the risk of potentially losing the Democratic Senate or not to use his pen with the potential risk of losing the Presidential election in 2016. Guess what. This reporter was wrong because reportedly Obama is also considering a third option to use his pen within 2014 but after the November midterm national election, supposedly to save the Congressional elections in 2014 as well as the Presidential election in 2016. Exercise of the third option may still frustrate and create angry Hispanics and progressive liberals, but inasmuch as he exercises the executive power to save undocumented immigrants and expand immigration opportunities for legal immigrants, the anger could be controlled over the period of time before the Presidential election in 2016. Besides, when it comes to Hispanics and undocumented immigrants, their hands are tied in that they have no other alternatives because the delayed relief could be better than no relief at all under the Republican political platform. We are not certain whether Obama will indeed take this third option and will just have to wait and see.
  • It appears this potential decision is not induced by the Republicans' threat to bring lawsuits and/or government shutdown threats, for the two reasons. Firstly, Republicans will never bring government shut-down after the devastating past experience. It is just the threats from Tea Party members rather than party leaders or conference. Secondly, as far as the lawsuit threat is concerned, no matter when he signs the executive actions, Republicans are likely to bring lawsuits anyway. Thus lawsuit threat is not relevant to the executive action timing issue. Obama's decision could rather have been derived from political calculation which we described above.

Timeline

Immigration Reform 2014: Obama’s Options For Executive Action

2014 has been a dud of a year for immigration reform so far, with legislation for comprehensive reform and funding measures for migrant children at the border both at a standstill. But as early as next week, President Obama is expected to announce a series of executive orders on immigration reform that have been widely anticipated since he vowed earlier this summer to act on his own if Congress didn't -- and it hasn't.

Timeline

it may be possible that retrogression occur in november 2014?

I don't have any clue about future movement but i am sure that there would be no retrogression at all.

First of all, the DoS starts warning the applicants in advance in " Visa availability in coming months " about retrogression but there was no such news regarding our category.There was a prediction about retrogression of EB2 India this time and if the same was to happen in our category, it would have been mentioned in the VB,

Moreover,We have just recovered from the previous retrogression after 4 years. All the applicants in 2000 and 2001 have been processed and we don't find many people with PDs earlier than 2002 on the forum. This implies that there is no backlog hence no retrogression will take place.

Lastly, there are fewer than twenty F4 interviews in September 2014 in New Delhi.The interview schedule can be checked from US Consulate New Delhi's website.Such a small number means that the demand is extremely low . So there is no point of retrogression AT ALL.We should just hope that PDs start moving the way they moved in 2009 and 2010 and we get our green cards as soon as possible :)

Timeline

I don't have any clue about future movement but i am sure that there would be no retrogression at all.

First of all, the DoS starts warning the applicants in advance in " Visa availability in coming months " about retrogression but there was no such news regarding our category.There was a prediction about retrogression of EB2 India this time and if the same was to happen in our category, it would have been mentioned in the VB,

Moreover,We have just recovered from the previous retrogression after 4 years. All the applicants in 2000 and 2001 have been processed and we don't find many people with PDs earlier than 2002 on the forum. This implies that there is no backlog hence no retrogression will take place.

Lastly, there are fewer than twenty F4 interviews in September 2014 in New Delhi.The interview schedule can be checked from US Consulate New Delhi's website.Such a small number means that the demand is extremely low . So there is no point of retrogression AT ALL.We should just hope that PDs start moving the way they moved in 2009 and 2010 and we get our green cards as soon as possible :)

You are right, in addition to that july, aug, sep 2002 got there updations . Now everything depends upon speed of VB..let us see....

Timeline

As early as next week, President Obama is expected to announce a series of executive orders on immigration reform...updated on 29aug,2014

Redefine the count for green cards: One of the most popular proposals among business leaders and immigration advocates involves changing the way the federal government counts the number of family- and employment-based green cards under the existing annual cap of 366,000. Under the current system, dependents of green card holders may apply for green cards of their own, but both residency permits count toward the quota. Obama is considering a rule change that would count only the primary green-card holder in the yearly cap.

Immigration advocates say such a move could effectively more than double the existing 336,000 green cards allotted each year and sharply reduce long wait times that green card applicants face.

"Recapture" unused green cards: Business groups have also advocated for a policy that would roll over unused green cards from previous years and make them available to current applicants, a move that could open up an estimated 250,000 additional visas from the past two decades. This measure is already a part of the bipartisan immigration reform bill passed by the Senate last year, but Obama would have the authority to pass this without congressional approval.

http://www.ibtimes.com/immigration-reform-2014-obamas-options-executive-action-1672890

Obama Administration sticking to Deadline for Immigration..........guys don't worry.....here we go......

http://www.latinpost.com/articles/20284/20140829/obama-administration-sticking-to-deadline-for-immigration-reform.htm

Timeline

Nothing mentioned that he will act before November elections

The recent NEWS N Press conference by Obama, he clearly said "wait for congress action", "spring session", "meanwhile looking for options" etc...

I see very less chance before nov election..

Pray to God, if it happens , it will be g8 for all of us

As early as next week, President Obama is expected to announce a series of executive orders on immigration reform...updated on 29aug,2014

Redefine the count for green cards: One of the most popular proposals among business leaders and immigration advocates involves changing the way the federal government counts the number of family- and employment-based green cards under the existing annual cap of 366,000. Under the current system, dependents of green card holders may apply for green cards of their own, but both residency permits count toward the quota. Obama is considering a rule change that would count only the primary green-card holder in the yearly cap.

Immigration advocates say such a move could effectively more than double the existing 336,000 green cards allotted each year and sharply reduce long wait times that green card applicants face.

"Recapture" unused green cards: Business groups have also advocated for a policy that would roll over unused green cards from previous years and make them available to current applicants, a move that could open up an estimated 250,000 additional visas from the past two decades. This measure is already a part of the bipartisan immigration reform bill passed by the Senate last year, but Obama would have the authority to pass this without congressional approval.

http://www.ibtimes.com/immigration-reform-2014-obamas-options-executive-action-1672890

Obama Administration sticking to Deadline for Immigration..........guys don't worry.....here we go......

http://www.latinpost.com/articles/20284/20140829/obama-administration-sticking-to-deadline-for-immigration-reform.htm

F4 - India - PD - 23rd March 2003

- Received COA 14th May 2015

- Received Visa and reached to US in Feb 2016

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.