Journey_Man

How is the chance of spot approval on I-485 interview ?

22 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Interview was at the Philadelphia office.

This is the point. When every thing is real , they are not too dumb to not to recognize it. Certainly their experience drives their intuition about the veracity of a case.

Where was your interview location ?

Unfortunately , New York city is the heaven of illegal aliens. Nothing to blame about the NYC IOs. The possibility of fraud is highest in NYC.

And i got my interview in NYC 26 Federal Plaza.

Anyway , every thing about us is real and truth.

That's my preparation, nothing else.

All you need to do, and in fact the only thing you can do that will lead to approval, is TELL THE TRUTH.

It is not illegal to have an arranged marriage. Interviewing Officers are smart and well-trained, and the person assigned to your case will have knowledge of your cultural norms.

But don't just decide that NYC has the most "illegals", or that is has the most fraud. What a strange thing to decide! Have you been to every city in the US and done a survey?

No , I did not.

And yes , I am gonna tell the truth.

Dear MSSERAZ,

I think you got quite a few good advices and unless you are willing to hear something specific.

I don't think anyone is doubting about the authenticity of your marriage and how you would like to prove is is explained on various threads (some are on this one as well). If you do a research you will find extensive list of docs people are talking about. Does that mean you will need them all? That's where you need to figure out what you can get for yourself. No one can tell you anything with certainty when it comes to immigration or any other USCIS process. Each case is different and are treated in its unique way; however we still talk to get am understands on what may come and to be better prepared. "My marriage is genuine" saying that won't prove it, rather you have to have supporting documents and present then in a way so the CO thinks accordingly. If the CO senses something isn't right, one has to pay price for it. Even a fraud marriage is presented to be genuine and the candidates are not going to say "my marriage is a sham". So yes, presentation and confidence does matter, not arrogance.

I am sure you already have x number of documents and prepared both yourself and your wife on the common marrital info. There cannot be a mistake on those basic info and a mistake or difference in answer may mean something isn't right. Ask each other questions to make sure you are good and rest should be okay. Everyone that goes for interview will try to prove that their marriage is genuine, what will you do differently? You have a really bad understanding how arranged marriages are treated and even a worse idea about New York. That is bit sad. Anyway Go confidently and you will do just fine...

Edited by hellraiser

Dear MSSERAZ,

I think you got quite a few good advices and unless you are willing to hear something specific.

I don't think anyone is doubting about the authenticity of your marriage and how you would like to prove is is explained on various threads (some are on this one as well). If you do a research you will find extensive list of docs people are talking about. Does that mean you will need them all? That's where you need to figure out what you can get for yourself. No one can tell you anything with certainty when it comes to immigration or any other USCIS process. Each case is different and are treated in its unique way; however we still talk to get am understands on what may come and to be better prepared. "My marriage is genuine" saying that won't prove it, rather you have to have supporting documents and present then in a way so the CO thinks accordingly. If the CO senses something isn't right, one has to pay price for it. Even a fraud marriage is presented to be genuine and the candidates are not going to say "my marriage is a sham". So yes, presentation and confidence does matter, not arrogance.

I am sure you already have x number of documents and prepared both yourself and your wife on the common marrital info. There cannot be a mistake on those basic info and a mistake or difference in answer may mean something isn't right. Ask each other questions to make sure you are good and rest should be okay. Everyone that goes for interview will try to prove that their marriage is genuine, what will you do differently? You have a really bad understanding how arranged marriages are treated and even a worse idea about New York. That is bit sad. Anyway Go confidently and you will do just fine...

I am being cautious about every thing about us. Hope I would be smooth in answering IO's questions.

In fact you should. Being cautious would help you to better prepare yourself. And then there would always be an uncertain portion that you will face and cross the hurdle by yourself.

Some get a smooth ride on the interview and some ended up on a roller coaster.

So my first suggestion would be to find your comfort zone. List the documents that you are presenting and check at the general mass is going with. If you are far below than the average, you may need to reconsider your inventory. And if you are at par or better than most, may be you need to focus on the interview part. And once this would be all done, may be you will look back laughing at yourself.

Hope you end up laughing at yourself :-)

In fact you should. Being cautious would help you to better prepare yourself. And then there would always be an uncertain portion that you will face and cross the hurdle by yourself.

Some get a smooth ride on the interview and some ended up on a roller coaster.

So my first suggestion would be to find your comfort zone. List the documents that you are presenting and check at the general mass is going with. If you are far below than the average, you may need to reconsider your inventory. And if you are at par or better than most, may be you need to focus on the interview part. And once this would be all done, may be you will look back laughing at yourself.

Hope you end up laughing at yourself :-)

About 'Uncertain portion' - I will go truthful and natural.

And I rechecked my 'check list' 4 times. All the documents are stacked in order.

Thanks again for your advice.

And would like to know - how was your 'Uncertain Portion' ?

Edited by msseraz

My case type was IR1/CR1 and was the applicant.

If you have all the documents that are in checklist and are confident, you should feel comfy :-). Just like you I always try to prepare for the worst, LOL

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.