zoom_

visit boyfriend on vwp/ esta ?

41 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Sweden
Timeline

hello,

i am also scandinavian here ( norge)... well... my experience is DON'T TELL THEM YOU HAVE A BOYFRIEND there!

i was denied entry because i said my purpose is to visit the love of my heart and i had a return etc..

they sent me back to London.. as the thing is if u say u are going to visit your boyfriend/ girlfriend, then they think that he or she may want to marry you.. and this in itself is a reason for denying... yes, so in any case, please bring docs of work and apartment etc. and return ticket and very important to leave on time... I don't want anyone to go through what I did, it was very traumatic and took a long time to get over.. and now i can not use the VWP ever again and need to apply for a tourist visa which isn't always easy to get when one is born in VWP country. However~ being denied entry does not mean that one will be denied a K1 or spousal visa in the future, but it does mean you need a visa to visit! Good luck, I will think you will be fine. And a few weeks or 3 months is enough between each visit, esp, if they ae short and you are returning to a place out of North America as Canada and Mexico out of some counts on the 90 days on VWP which isn't written anywhere , but it is so...I flew in from Mexico when I got sent back to London... not fun... when I came to London they gave my pass port back and I said.."I m glad we are welcome here..." The guy said" You will always be welcome here" and that they had people being sent back from the US every day... LYKKE TIL!! <3

im so sorry to hear that m so sorry to hear that i wish u the best on this journey. long distance relationships aren't easy and all we want is to see the person we love sucks that we have to go through all this. things you do for love crying.gif

Timeline

My apologies if you feel you was being picked on.

But I'm sure there are people in countries less civilised than yours and mine that would dispute that spending a few hours uncomfortable and uncertain of what is going to happen can be called torture. Torture would be having someone beating you or threatening your life.

What you fail to realise is that you didn't follow the rules. The VWP is for temporary visits only, not to live in the US. And taking short visits to neighbouring countries doesn't reset the time.

It was unfortunate what happened to you but that is the consequences of your actions.

And that comes from someone who received a ten year ban for overstaying the VWP. I've served the ban but there's a chance I will never be able to visit the US again due to my actions. As much as I hate it I accept that it was my own fault, ignorance of the rules isn't an excuse. I didn't realise how serious my mistake was, but the US takes immigration a lot more seriously than European countries.

You think you was tortured? I haven't seen my children in 6 1/2 years as they're in the States and my ex wont bring them to the UK. My little girl had her 10th birthday on Monday, she was 3 last time I saw her.

I hope you have better luck than I did when you apply for your B2.

how long did u overstay?. i'm truly sorry to hear that, that must be torturecrying.gif i will pray for you and i hope everything solves.

Edited by zoom_

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

how long did u overstay?. i'm truly sorry to hear that, that must be torturecrying.gif i will pray for you and i hope everything solves.

My overstay was about 18 months, a stupid mistake that will have repercussions for the rest of my life.

August 2000: We start e-mailing. I'm in Bosnia, she's in Florida

October 29th 2000: She sends me e-mail asking if I would marry her

October 29th 2000(5 seconds later): I say yes

November 2000: She sends me tickets to Orlando for when I get back

December 6th 2000: Return from Bos

December 11th 2000: Fly to Orlando, she meets me at airport

December 22nd 2000: I fly back to UK

January 3rd 2001: She flies to UK (Good times)

Mid February 2001: Pregnancy test Positive

Mid February 2001: She flies back to US

March 2001: Miscarriage, I fly to US on first flight I can get

May 2001: I leave US before my 90 days are up

June 2001: I fly back to US, stopped at airport for questioning as I had only just left

September 2001: Pregnancy test Positive again

September 2001: She falls sick, I make decision to stay to look after her as I am afraid I may have problems getting back in.

April 16th 2002: Our son is born, we start getting stuff together for his passport

March 6th 2003: We leave US for UK as family

Early April 2003: Family troubles make her return to US, I ask Embassy in London about possibilities of returning to US

April 16th 2003: London Embassy informs me that I will be banned from the Visa Waiver Program for 10 years, my little boys first birthday

June 13th 2006: I-129f sent

August 11th 2006: NOA1 Recieved

After our relationship breaks down she admits to me that she had never bothered to start the application process

Timeline

You wasn't tortured, I very much doubt that border control have got so bad that they're waterboarding people or breaking out the thumbscrews.

You was questioned for a valid reason. You had overstayed on VWP so were therefore inadmissible under that category.

You had taken a short trip to a neighbouring country and tried re-entering. The US government got wise to that trick long ago and look out for it.

You were probably treated exactly the same as anyone else would have been trying to enter without a correct visa.

It probably was very traumatic for you, and doubly for your son, but far from being tortured.

what if u first travel lets say to honduras and stay there for 3 months and then back to europe and after that to the usa is this overstaying ?or is it just traveling from us to mexico and canada and then back to usa.
i have family in honduras. i was born in sweden but my roots are over there. those that mean i cant visit im getting confused??

Timeline

what if u first travel lets say to honduras and stay there for 3 months and then back to europe and after that to the usa is this overstaying ?or is it just traveling from us to mexico and canada and then back to usa.

i have family in honduras. i was born in sweden but my roots are over there. those that mean i cant visit im getting confused??

http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/visit/visa-waiver-program.html

Have a look about half way down the page where it mentions trips to Canada, Mexico and nearby islands. That's what I was trying to get across to the previous poster regarding her trying to get her VWP stay reset by taking trips to Canada and Mexico, it's a trick that CBP have long figured out.

It doesn't mention Honduras so I'd assume a visit there would be fine, especially when followed by returning to EU.

Edited by MacUK

June 2001: I fly back to US, stopped at airport for questioning as I had only just left

September 2001: She falls sick, I make decision to stay to look after her as I am afraid I may have problems getting back in.

April 16th 2002: Our son is born, we start getting stuff together for his passport

Early April 2003: Family troubles make her return to US, I ask Embassy in London about possibilities of returning to US

April 16th 2003: London Embassy informs me that I will be banned from the Visa Waiver Program for 10 years, my little boys first birthday

After our relationship breaks down she admits to me that she had never bothered to start the application process

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Norway
Timeline

im so sorry to hear that m so sorry to hear that i wish u the best on this journey. long distance relationships aren't easy and all we want is to see the person we love sucks that we have to go through all this. things you do for love crying.gif

Thanks for the compassion! Appreciate that! yes, that is the thing, when we meet our true love, all we want is to see that person and it is extremely hard when such rigid visa and visitor rules comes in the way. Many times the rules and strichtness is such a hard pressure on a relationship, no matter how beautiful the love is. Not healthy for the relationship-..and being from a country we have learned to eb honest, like norway, its not so easy to understand that this honesty sometimes has bog consequences for our lives as the system isn't buildt up upn honesty. I do pray i wil lbe able to come over on B2, seems like my only chance. We can have luck, A friend who overstayed 6 months in 2001, she had 5 year ban and then she got a B2 easily in 2006, for ten years ! She traveled as a tourist back again...this was in Denmark and she was from another European country ,but lived there...

we must not give up this if it is important for our life journey to visit the US, for whatever reasons..

Timeline

My overstay was about 18 months, a stupid mistake that will have repercussions for the rest of my life.

I hope the fact that you have a child there, will make it possible to visit. Have you tried applying for a waiver? There must be some way through this.

Timeline

I hope the fact that you have a child there, will make it possible to visit. Have you tried applying for a waiver? There must be some way through this.

Can you get a family green card because you have 2 kids? Can they or the mother apply for you? Good luck....

Timeline

Actually, having children there is bad for my application.

You're right, it is a very rigid and strict visa system. Emotions have very little to do with it.

Having children in the US is seen as a reason to stay illegally so falls foul of the presumption of intent law.

And that's the word that must be remembered, law.

It is the LAW that all applicants are presumed to be attempting to illegally immigrate. Literally guilty until you prove yourself innocent.

So even if a visa officer personally feels that they'd like to give a visa, unless you can prove to their satisfaction that you will return then they are not allowed to issue the visa.

The second application I made for a B2 was to be over there for my daughters birth. Because of the presumption of intent the visa officer was not legally allowed to give me the visa, she was in tears as she had to tell me I would miss the birth.

Her personal thoughts couldn't come into it, she had to do her job.

Timeline

Can you get a family green card because you have 2 kids? Can they or the mother apply for you? Good luck....

I have no desire to live in the US, I'd just like to be able to visit.

And even if I did, me and the kids mother are no longer a couple so there would be no visa route there.

And the kids would have to be 21 before they would be able to petition me.

Timeline

I have no desire to live in the US, I'd just like to be able to visit.

And even if I did, me and the kids mother are no longer a couple so there would be no visa route there.

And the kids would have to be 21 before they would be able to petition me.

Things can be difficult in life without sometimes understanding the reasons why...

and it is not fair either..sorry.. m

sometimes there is a higher reason behind things that we don't see when we are in the midst of it, that 's all I can say..

you will always be connected to your kids and ONE DAY I believe you will be able to enter the States.

One Day I hope you guys can live together in the UK or elsewhere.

Yes, many people do not want to live there, but it is their law that says all want to immigrate there...

even if you just want to visit they don't believe it due to the overstay in the past maybe..

I think it's against human rights that you can't visit your kids...

have you contacted any lawyers to help you or do you not want to spend money on this?

A good lawyer is Allan Lolly in

California. https://asl-lawfirm.com/about-our-immigration-law-firm/

I don't know where you stand, but another thing you could do is to work on healing these issues. There are good healers who do karmic clearings..

this can take the charges of you, as obviously it does sound like there is some karma involved here..

I can recommend.... www.icreatemoneyandwellness.com

and www.twinsong.us for sessions ..

we have no time to loose in healing ourselves and evolving and making our lives easier and freeing ourselves and nobody can do the job for us... we have to do it ourselves, we all need too.. if we delay it, either way we need to do it later on..

take your power back! Do not give your power to this situation and the US gov rules even if it is sad and frustrating. send your kids love...love moves on distance.. and most of all we all need to get out of victim consciousness, then we can change things!

Good luck with all... it will one day be ok ....trust that!

A saying is here:

" If you face many difficulties, it is because your path has a higher calling..."

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.