mgleason

Questions about affidavit of support...

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

I'm a student and don't make enough to meet the requirements. My parents have agreed to be my co-sponsors. I have a couple questions:

1. Can my parents use their total combined income?

2. Since I don't meet the required income, should I still send bank statements, pay stubs, and a letter from my employer, or is this something my parents will need to do???

Thanks,

Matt

10/20/2006 Sent I-129F!!!

10/24/2006 NOA1

10/26/2006 Check Cashed

10/28/2006 Touched

01/18/2007 Touched

01/18/2007 NOA2!!!

01/22/2007 Recieved NOA2 by mail

02/08/2007 Petition arrived at Rio consulate

02/15/2007 Received packet 3

02/17/2007 Consulate receives packet 3

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline
I'm a student and don't make enough to meet the requirements. My parents have agreed to be my co-sponsors. I have a couple questions:

1. Can my parents use their total combined income?

2. Since I don't meet the required income, should I still send bank statements, pay stubs, and a letter from my employer, or is this something my parents will need to do???

Thanks,

Matt

Hey there, well iam a student as well, and a while back i asked the same questions along the same line. About the double sponser on one I134, i dont think that will fly, but iam not quite sure, my father is my sponser and so i cant really comment.

Yeah although your going to have someone else be your sponser you are required as the sponser of your fiancee to be just that, so take one of those forms and fill it out, if you have a nice part time job like i, write where you work, or perhaps "student part-time enployed" and then have someone at your work write them a little letter telling of your postition what you usualy earn and why that is,...your a part-time working student. Also iam sure your parents have filed your taxes and even though we make little just take a copy of your last years w2 returns and give that as your stance.

Your co-sponsers on the other hand, are required to prove that they earn an earning being above poverty level, for you and your fiancee no, just for her, being 25k or 25,500 iam not for certain what it is exactally, and is goes into further detail on the instructions of the I134 itself on what sorts of info your parents should provide, this can vary, but i hear 2 of the 3 listed ideas on how to do that should actually be done. The uscis does not want her to become a public charge, and so you must provide info and prove to them that she will not fall into that situation.

I am interested in the topic as well though and have been watching to see if anyone else replied, and so far nobody, so i thought i would try to help out by giving you what i think i know is solid info, but feal free to send me a message whenever, its nice to know there are other peeps in the same position as us, life is life, and we must get through this together!

chau

rublev.jpg

March 2006--Met while studying together in Bremen, Germany(what an unbelievable blessing)

May 2006----I flew from Frankfurt to Minsk, Belarus to be with her and her family(best time of my life)

July 2006----Presented her with a ring in Warsaw...the most wonderful, but fastest days of my life

July 2006----Back in Kansas, feeling half the man iam without her

September 2006--File for the I-129F at the NSC, then diverted to the CSC

September 2006--NOA1, CSC, September 18

October 2006-----Touched, only to correct a minor error in the spelling of my adress(better safe then sorry)

January 19th 2007---I just can't belive this, the day has come! Ketino and I are approved!!What a wonderful fealing it is!!

January 31st---NVC mailes packet to U.S embassy in Warsaw, Poland.

February 13th-- Ketino recieves packet 3 from the embassy

February 14th-- Ketino sends the packet back to the emabssy

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.