love&cinta

Moms visa rejected 2 times

21 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Thanks everyone all of you guys were so helpful, my mom is going to re apply again next month

Hi Love&Cinta,

There are very talented people in this form and there are some with little knowledge . I am not claiming I am one of the experts but to add my thoughts on B1/2 visas, sure being READY with a bundle of papers to show you are returning home but now a days VO in most countries ''with high risk of visa fraud'' are NOT even asking or even looking at your bundle of papers because over time they are aware that printing papers are cheap and can be obtained easily so even you ask them can you please take a look, they will deny. On of my friends from one of those counties required B visa for visiting US, applied, single - have a simple job - no home or fat bank account . On they day of her interview 3 questions asked, why do you want to go - how long you going to stay - do you have any family members in US, Done 4 days, visa in hand . They did not look at any of her employment or bank details indeed she was trying to show them her evidence that you know, she will return, the VO said NO, I don't need them.

good luck- bear in mind multiple applying for B visa and previous denials are not good because it will make it more harder for VO to reject again wait for atleast a year then apply.

To be honest if she apply a third time its highly unlikely she will ever get a visa. Sorry.

To be honest if she apply a third time its highly unlikely she will ever get a visa. Sorry.

Not true. I got my visa on my third try,

Married in Texas Sept. 16, 2013

Sent I-130 Nov. 3, 2013

Received NOA1 (email) Dec. 19, 2013

Requested Expedite Jan. 2, 2014

Approved Expedite Jan. 4, 2014

Case sent to NVC Jan. 15, 2014

Received NOA1 (mail) Jan. 22, 2014

NVC Received Case Jan. 27, 2014

Received NOA2 (mail) Feb. 25, 2014

NVC Assigned Case Number Mar. 11, 2014

Paid AOS Fee Mar. 29, 2014

Paid IV Fee Mar. 29, 2014

Submitted DS-260 Apr. 4, 2014

Mailed in IV packet Apr. 8, 2014

Submitted AOS packet Forgot the date

Case complete May 31, 2014

Medical Jun. 26, 2014

Interview Jul. 8, 2014

POE (LAX) Sept. 16, 2014

Paid ELIS May 16, 2015

Received GC May 23, 2015

I-751 Receipt Date July 5, 2016

ROC NOA July 15, 2016

I-751 Biometrics Aug. 5, 2016

ROC Approved Sept. 18, 2017
Received GC Sept. 25, 2017

CR1 Spousal Visa Guide

TBErp8.png

YEP0m5.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

One would think if she does have a husband and a home to return to, this would be proof enough. More likely if they both came here on a tourist visa, would be more reason to overstay. But this is logic and doesn't agree with their thought process.

On a tourist visa, issued a I-94 with a return date on it that was to be met, they keep records on this, and know exactly where that person is going to stay.

Try getting a visa for a one and only unmarried son, can even make statements, we would be accessories to the fact, can fine us a billion bucks and put us in a federal prison for the rest of our lives if we don't get him on the plane at that due date. But guess its far easier for them to deny that visa. Or whatever their logic is.

Really a bad time to travel right now with over 75,000 flight cancellations in the last two months. But would be fine if they cross the POE and live a week or so in the airport.

Filed: Timeline

Contrary to most people's beliefs, one cannot be held accountable for somebody who overstays...the feds are not going to knock on your door and arrest you if a relative or friend does not board the plane when they were supposed to....which is why no CO with more than ten minutes of experience will accept any promises regarding visa compliance from anyone....such promises are not legally enforceable, nor do you nor anyone else, save perhaps ICE (under very specific circumstances) have legal authority over anyone else, visitor or not. You cannot force somebody in B2 status to do anything except maybe leave your home.....beyond that, you don't control their actions (legally) (nor I). In addition, the COs have no legal authority over you, and thus they cannot legally compel YOU to force said relative or friend to depart the US...so without any means of enforcing promises, what good are they?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Been asking this same question myself with all this talk about immigration reform, already have the laws on the books, just don't enforce them. Huge majority of non-immigrants here are due to way overstayed visas. Not that many cross the desert.

Could try this sample letter:

"U.S. Consulate,

As a US citizen, I am familiar with 8 USC Section 1324 of the US penal code with any attempts to bring an alien into this country by any means contrary to the polices dictated by both the DHS and USCIS. I am also very aware of the limits for visitation imposed by the I-94. And very familiar with the consequences of breaking these laws. I am enclosing proof of my residence in the USA.

With this knowledge and the bearer of this letter, a relative of my permanent resident wife, along with her country of origin proof of identity, it is my wish that you grant him/her a visa to the USA so they can come and visit us. If any transgressions are attempted by us, you have our location to send DHS agents to and I have full knowledge of the consequences of any such attempts to falsify our intent of this visit. We would just like to have a short visit within the guidelines of the I-94 for this visit. With this knowledge, please provide our relative with a visa.

Sincerely yours,"

Didn't work for us, just easier to deny a visa, but may work for you.

Filed: Timeline

Such a letter sounds nice in principle, but at the end of the day, it means nothing...the key phrase 'bring into the US'...nothing about having them stay...(refers to alien smuggling, not harboring one)....the rest is just window dressing that, as I mentioned before, has no way of being enforced, so why would a CO accept such a letter at face value?

I have never heard of anyone ever being arrested, detained or even questioned by authorities because somebody they knew overstayed a visa...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.