Chrissy25

moving back to england

10 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

i'm the british citizen and my hubby american, we have been living here in the states for a yr and a half with my greencard. i am currently 25 weeks pregnant and my hubby and i have decided to move back to england after the baby is born, probably july time. we are wonderfing if anybody has experience moving back to the UK. Any ideas how long it will take for my hubby to get the visa? or is there any website that someone can recommend us? plus as our baaby will be born in the states do we have to file a seperate visa for her?

any help please

thanks chrissy

Chrissy UK (Yorkshire) John USA (Minnesota)

20/July/05 Married in Las Vegas!!

AOS approved April 12th 2006!!

4/01/08 mailed I-751 to Nebraska

4/3/08 package arrives at Nebraska

4/11/08 check cashed

4/14/08 recieved NOA extension letter

4/26/08 recieved biometrics appointment letter plus it looks like our case has been forwarded to California!

5/02/08 Biometrics scheduled

5/02/08 Biometrics completed in 10 mins!

Woo Hoo....8/28/08 Recieved 10yr Greencard in mail, no approved email!! We are done!!!

.png

.png

I am american and my husband is british. We planned to move to the UK after we married here, and the process was pretty straighforward and easy. We went to the conuslate to apply in person and waited there for 2 days after we applied and my visa was in my hand. I can give you some tips for your interview- take all evidence of your relationship with you. We had loads of pictures, letters, bills, all our marriage stuff , etc etc.

We are now in the process of moving back to the states, and 4 months in. I can say that me getting to the UK was a hell of a lot easier than getting him here. So make sure you are sertain that you dont want to change your minds later. The child, I believe, will have to apply too.

2006-09-21 I-130 sent to US Embassy London

2006-09-22 NOA1 received file date

2006-11-22 NOA2 approved received

2006-11-30 Packet 3 received

2006-12-04 Packet 3 returned

2006-12-05 Medical Approved

2007-01-06 Packet 4 received

2007-02-26 Interview date - Success

2007-02-28 Visa in hand

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

We did it...I second the recommendation for www.uk-yankee.com. If you have all of your information already gathered from going through the US immigration process, getting things together for the UK side is a snap!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Its unlikely that you would have to apply for anything since the child will be/is a US citizen by birth (since it will be born here, correct?) and since his/her Father is a US citizen... And since you have a green card, if you aren't gone too long you would be able to apply for a re-entry permit I believe..

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
Its unlikely that you would have to apply for anything since the child will be/is a US citizen by birth (since it will be born here, correct?) and since his/her Father is a US citizen... And since you have a green card, if you aren't gone too long you would be able to apply for a re-entry permit I believe..

They're moving to the UK, not the US.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I have noidea about the immigration questions - but just want to say CONGRATS on the baby - not sure if you remember me from way back when... you actually got married 1 day after us! We're going to start trying for a baby soon, too... just wanted to popin and congratulate :)

AOS

August 30, 2005 - AOS, , AP applications mailed to Chicago Lockbox

September 9, 2005 - NOA's for AOS, AP, (dated Sept. 1)

November 28, 2005 - AOS biometrics - refused EAD biometrics at the same time

December 5, 2005 - AP approved

December 7, 2005 - Infopass appointment for interim EAD

December 12, 2005 - Received EAD card

December 13, 2005 - Received AP

June 14, 2005 - Case Status Inquiry/Tracer

June 19, 2005 - Letter sent to congressman

AOS INTERVIEW SCHEDULED FOR AUGUST 8, 2006

AOS approved - August 8th, 2006 - hooray - done with USCIS for now!

GREENCARD RECEIVED - August 18, 2006

Filed: Country: Australia
Timeline

Alan... cant remember his VJ name, moved back to England with his wife a few months ago, and he said it was SO simple compared to immigrating to the states. Took hardly any time at all according to him. If i ever remember what his VJ name was I will let you know, but I dont think he hangs around here much anymore.

I know that hardly helped, but from what he told me it was WAY easy and just thought I would let you know!! Good luck with the baby!!

February 13, 2006:VISA APPROVED!!!!

November 18, 2006: Mia Grace is born

May 30, 2008: 10 year Greencard approved

The friend who introduced me to Paul moved to England to be with her British husband. They got married in Jamiaca, sent their visa packet to the British consulate in Chicago and a week later she was on her way. The visa packet was a joke compared to the K1 129 - it was about 5 pages long. You can even apply in person at the nearest British consulate and get it the same day.

I'd agree with the word of warning from others though - it will be a headache if you guys decide to move back to the US in the future. But good luck if it's what you really want!

Joey

Edited by Joey559

And so he did what countless punk-rock songs had told him to do so many times before: he lived his life

10/07/2006 WEDDING DAY!

11/14/2006 AOS packet made it to 'the box' after being overnighted.

12/02/2006 Paul had biometrics

12/14/2006 AOS Forwarded to CSC AND AP Application approved.

01/17/2007 First touch of 2007 at CSC

01/20/2007 Touched AGAIN (also the 18th) come on...

February: Oops, RFE for a REGISTERED marriage certificate. Oops! Overnighted it.

02/28/2007 Paul gets email letting us know his GREENCARD is on it's way! It's done...for now!

03/09/2007 Paul's greencard arrives. And breathe...

We began with mailing the I-129 in on February 27, 2006 so the whole process took us approx. one year.

Good luck out there!

See PCRADDY for our official timeline.