smith654

Immigrate Visa I-R1 Contential US

7 posts in this topic

Does a immigrate who has a I-R1 visa, do they have to travel to the contential US for their 3 years of residenty or can they do their 3 years in a US terrority like Guam?

Does a immigrate have do their 3 years only in the contential US???

DCF Manila

December 12, 2009 Married Lapu-Lapu, Philippines

October 2, 2013 Submitted I-130's

October 8, 2013 I-130's Approved

October 16, 2013 MNL Case Number's Issued

October 30, 2013 NBI Clearance

October 31, 2013 DS-260's Submitted On- Line

October 31, 2013 Cemar CRS Form No. 5

November 23, 2013 Received Packet #3 From US Embassy Manila

January 8-10 2014 Medical Exam's Passed

February 11, 2014 IR-1/IR-2 Visa's Approved

February 17, 2014 Passport's/Visa's in Transit from Post

February 19, 2014 Passport's/Visa's Arrive Via 2Go

February 28, 2014 CFO Completed

June 2, 2014 POE & Immigration at Guam

Where did you learn of that supposed 3 years residency requirement? Perhaps it is about 3 years immigration rule as part of citizenship prerequisite place like in Canada and some countries.

To be United States of America Citizen, immigration rule is 5 years citizenship prerequisite prior talk naturalization exam.

Landed in Cagayan de Oro : August 4, 2007 (same Port where General Douglas MacArthur arrived as he escaped Japanese Naval)

Met in Assembly of God church : October 28, 2007

Civil Union Marriage : May 12, 2008

Birth of our son Ryker : November 8, 2010

CRBA interview, result: approval : August 20, 2014

CRBA + US Passport received: Sept. 11, 2014

USCIS DCF accepted @ U.S.E Manila: August 20, 2014

NOA2 via snail mail received, bypass G-1145 request: August 29, 2014 *LATE (Tsk-tsk, did you forgot to e-Notification us, USCIS?)

U.S.E Manila IV Unit assigned case #, notified us with Packet 3 : September 3, 2014

AOS (part for Packet 3) sent and received, from Applicant (me) to Beneficiary (my wife) : Sept 8-10, 2014

Medical examination @ SLEC) : passed : Sept 15, 2014

IV Interview : approved and issued : Sep19, 2014

Visa packet: next stop

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mark 9:23, 24 ~ Αἴ δύνασαι, The most approved reading in English rendering is, If thou canst! All things are possible to him that believeth.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

General things in VJ is Do-It-Yourself site which we all would help, giving advices, pointers and tips. I would like to think those law practitioners-for-paid and legal guide (the navigator-for-hired) out there: those who might like us not to perform DIY but letting them do all legal paperworks, pretending s/he know the best route for shortcut or else to apply jurisdiction, e.g. under the table, are merely fable and cannot stop us. This is information age we are living. WE all have same knot to tie, same kind of anxiety, same kind of sweat, of facing judgmental day whether CO grant our visa or not. If you do what we did​ you will achieve nothing less but pride in your accomplishment.

Question for you: will you be willing go through all navigating to learn and study trial and errors of others and then apply toward your pathway to get U.S. visa? Even this means making feedback or giving input from your candid observation.

Remember words of Founding Fathers of United States:

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Declaration_of_Independence

Landed in Cagayan de Oro : August 4, 2007 (same Port where General Douglas MacArthur arrived as he escaped Japanese Naval)

NOA2 via snail mail received, bypass G-1145 request: August 29, 2014 *LATE (Tsk-tsk, did you forgot to e-Notification us, USCIS?)

U.S.E Manila IV Unit assigned case #, notified us with Packet 3 : September 3, 2014

AOS (part for Packet 3) sent and received, from Applicant (me) to Beneficiary (my wife) : Sept 8-10, 2014

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mark 9:23, 24 ~ Αἴ δύνασαι, The most approved reading in English rendering is, If thou canst! All things are possible to him that believeth.

General things in VJ is Do-It-Yourself site which we all would help, giving advices, pointers and tips. I would like to think those law practitioners-for-paid and legal guide (the navigator-for-hired) out there: those who might like us not to perform DIY but letting them do all legal paperworks, pretending s/he know the best route for shortcut or else to apply jurisdiction, e.g. under the table, are merely fable and cannot stop us. This is information age we are living. WE all have same knot to tie, same kind of anxiety, same kind of sweat, of facing judgmental day whether CO grant our visa or not. If you do what we did​ you will achieve nothing less but pride in your accomplishment.

Question for you: will you be willing go through all navigating to learn and study trial and errors of others and then apply toward your pathway to get U.S. visa? Even this means making feedback or giving input from your candid observation.

I mean "taking" instead" in ...prior taking naturalization exam.

Back from dinner.

So, the most important transition is having green card, rather than I-130, because getting into Port of Entry and when US Customs and Borders Protection (US CBP) stamped on your passport you are hereby Legal Permanent Resident!

As new resident, he or she is on secured pathway on becoming U.S. Citizen when time come to apply naturalization legally.

On resolving your 3 years question. I recalled back then, when I was enticed on moving to Canada, that nations such as Australia, Canada, and New Zealand, together with immigration/visa agencies, bombard internet with ads literally saying "We wants YOU to consider emigration to our country." Their reasons are need of mixed population, their economy strive for boost when such newcomers could give strongest backbone (financial fuel and skill) in making contribute their commerce, and finally, to improve their nation identity.

Now, this thread got to relocate elsewhere because it is not relate to DCF topic.

Where did you learn of that supposed 3 years residency requirement? Perhaps it is about 3 years immigration rule as part of citizenship prerequisite place like in Canada and some countries.

To be United States of America Citizen, immigration rule is 5 years citizenship prerequisite prior talk naturalization exam.

Those LPRs married to and living with US citizen spouses in America only have to wait 3 years to naturalize.

Edited by lost_at_sea

* I-130/CR-1 visa by Direct Consular Filing in London
3rd May 2013 - Married in London

7th May 2013 - I-130 filed
4th June 2013 - NOA2 (approved)
16th July 2013 - Interview (approved)
30th July 2013 - POE San Francisco
29th August 2013 - 2 year green card arrived

* How? Read my DCF London I-130 for CR1/IR1 Spouse Guide

* Removal of Conditions (RoC) via California Service Centre
1st May 2015 - 90 day RoC window opened
6th May 2015 - I-751 filed (delivered 8th May, cheque cashed 18th May)
7th August 2015 - Approved / GC production

27th August 2015 - 10 year green card arrived

* Naturalisation (Citizenship) via Phoenix Lockbox

* San Francisco Field Office:
1st May 2016 - N-400 window opened
20th August 2016 - N-400 filed

26th August 2016 - NOA1
13th September 2016 - Biometrics

12th January 2017 - Biometrics (again)
30th May 2017 - Interview (approved)
7th June 2017 - Oath

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Moved to US Citizenship General Discussion, From DCF~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.