Natanloupan

Hotels in Davo

13 posts in this topic

You might want to try joining this Yahoo group, https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/Expats-in-Cagayan-de-Oro/info.%C2'>

I hope this helps!

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Davo? Did u mean davao?

Visa Category: F2A

Lockbox: Chicago Lockbox

USCIS Service Center: California Service Center

I-130 Sent: November 5, 2013

NOA 1: November 8, 2013

NOA 2: February 5, 2014

Date Received by NVC: February 15, 2014

Case Number and IIN: April 2, 2014

DS-261/AOS Invoice Email: February 19, 2015

Paid AOS Fee: February 21, 2015

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My fiancee is from Davao . She said Hotel Sychar is walking distance from the NBI office near Victoria Plaza which is a big mall in Davao City. Price is reasonable. The NSO office is in Cabaguio St. You can take a taxi cab to get there. I dont know if you are flying to Davao City but the airport is not that far from either of these goverment offices. It is just the traffic that you have to be aware of especially now that the mayor of Davao has lower the speed limit.

Marco Polo is a 4/5 star hotel by US standards I would say. I've stayed there several Times. They will arrange a van to take you from airport to hotel if you ask them.

A word of advice. When I went to this NBI office early just after it opened with my fiance the official immediately closed the gate when he saw I was from US. He said they were at max capacity and we would have to return the next day. My wife said to let her talk to him. He basically wanted a bribe "tip". Then he opened the gate, gave us some paper and told us to wait. Once we were called they brought us into the office where a man at a desk also wanted a bribe. This was on top of the normal fee for NBI. I'm just letting you know you might want to let her go by herself or you will spend a bit extra and maybe have some hassles.

K1 timeline :

1/11/10 - I-129F sent to California Service Center

1/19/10 - NOA1

2/18/10 - moved and changed address on USCIS site

2/19/10 - touched

3/10/10 - touched

3/10/10 - NOA2, hardcopy recieved 3/12

3/16/10 - Left NVC, recieved MNL case #

3/22/10 - USEM recieved

4/19/10 - Passed Medical

4/28/10 - Interview - Approved

4/30/10 - Picked up Visa and completed CFO

5/5/10 - POE - Honolulu, Hawaii

5/6/10 - married in Hawaii

AOS timeline:

7/8/10 - received SSN Card

7/16/10 - reported US marriage for RP records

10/18/10 - AOS delivered in Chicago

10/25/10 - NOA1

11/04/10 - Biometrics Letter Received

11/23/10 - Biometrics Completed

11/24/10 - touched

11/26/10 - touched

02/14/11 - AOS approved at Interview, GC ordered

02/22/11 - GC arrives in mail

ROC Timeline:

12/17/12 - I-751 sent to California Service Center

12/20/12 - NOA1 arrives in mail

1/14/13 - Biometrics appointment

4/11/13 - RC Approved at Interview

4/22/13 - 10 Year Green Card arrived in mail

event.png

Always Thankful for God's blessings on our lives..

They have cheap condos for rent , for around 2k php a day near the SM Davao, i don't know how far that is. But its very luxury for the price

07-24-2009 Received NOA1
08-05-2009 Touched
10-02-2009 I-797C for Biometrics Appt
10-26-2009 Biometrics Appt. Completed
05-11-2010 Request for Evidence on both the I129F and I130
07-01-2010 Case Transferred to Vermont Service Center
10-20-2011 Contacted Ombudsman
02-07-2012 Case denied after almost 3 years =(
03-07-2012 Appeal Filed!
01-20-2013 Contacted Ombudsman again...

06-25-2013 EOIR Appeal Review

Visit my blog at http://goo.gl/ON4wG/

atckcgod5n.png

My fiancee is from Davao . She said Hotel Sychar is walking distance from the NBI office near Victoria Plaza which is a big mall in Davao City. Price is reasonable. The NSO office is in Cabaguio St. You can take a taxi cab to get there. I dont know if you are flying to Davao City but the airport is not that far from either of these goverment offices. It is just the traffic that you have to be aware of especially now that the mayor of Davao has lower the speed limit.

Thanks I checked it out online and looks like the one .

Marco Polo is a 4/5 star hotel by US standards I would say. I've stayed there several Times. They will arrange a van to take you from airport to hotel if you ask them.

A word of advice. When I went to this NBI office early just after it opened with my fiance the official immediately closed the gate when he saw I was from US. He said they were at max capacity and we would have to return the next day. My wife said to let her talk to him. He basically wanted a bribe "tip". Then he opened the gate, gave us some paper and told us to wait. Once we were called they brought us into the office where a man at a desk also wanted a bribe. This was on top of the normal fee for NBI. I'm just letting you know you might want to let her go by herself or you will spend a bit extra and maybe have some hassles.

My wife will be with her sister in law . I always tell her to be careful and to be smart . Do not show a lot of money and keep some hidden . She is 4 months pregnant and that trip will be tough . She has to do it though since we will need the papers soon . Things are going quick ! We were approved on the 4th and they shipped our case the next day to NVC . I already got the hard copy NA02 and it was mailed the next day too !

Timeline

Anyone live in Davo or knows of a hotel in the city ? Something close to NBI and NSO .

Thanks

I'm from Davao. Try Sychar hotel or d'leonor hotel in bajada. It's near NBI. And don't worry davao is the 4th safest city in the world and it's the land of honest taxi drivers. If you have questions on where to go and what to do just message me. I've done with my NSO documents so I surely know the process. With regards to NBI, I didn't get yet until I get my interview letter from the us embassy cause it the clearance is only valid for a year and I've heard consul requires a 6month old clearances only. But now hurry for me cause the former lawyer working in the NBI is our godmother in our wedding, I'll just ask help to her if in case I already need to get the clearance. If u have questions just message me privately. Goodluck

I'm from Davao. Try Sychar hotel or d'leonor hotel in bajada. It's near NBI. And don't worry davao is the 4th safest city in the world and it's the land of honest taxi drivers. If you have questions on where to go and what to do just message me. I've done with my NSO documents so I surely know the process. With regards to NBI, I didn't get yet until I get my interview letter from the us embassy cause it the clearance is only valid for a year and I've heard consul requires a 6month old clearances only. But now hurry for me cause the former lawyer working in the NBI is our godmother in our wedding, I'll just ask help to her if in case I already need to get the clearance. If u have questions just message me privately. Goodluck

We were approved at USCIS in 43 days . I knew they were giving expedite to the Philippines , but did not expect it so soon . My wife is 4 months pregnant and on a bus to Davao now . When I was there we took a bus together and oh boy what an experience ! I can imagine a lot of CR breaks for her . She said she would just inform the driver when she does . She should be there in a few hours . The plan is to get the NSO marriage first then get the hotel . I told her about the Sychar and she will check it out . Then the next day she will go to NBI . Just in case we will get a cenmar . Couldn't hurt to have every document we can get . Also if money and time permits a 3D ultrasound ! Super excited to find out the sex of the baby . In her city they do not have one , so we would have to wait until six months .

Thanks everyone for the help

Timeline

We were approved at USCIS in 43 days . I knew they were giving expedite to the Philippines , but did not expect it so soon . My wife is 4 months pregnant and on a bus to Davao now . When I was there we took a bus together and oh boy what an experience ! I can imagine a lot of CR breaks for her . She said she would just inform the driver when she does . She should be there in a few hours . The plan is to get the NSO marriage first then get the hotel . I told her about the Sychar and she will check it out . Then the next day she will go to NBI . Just in case we will get a cenmar . Couldn't hurt to have every document we can get . Also if money and time permits a 3D ultrasound ! Super excited to find out the sex of the baby . In her city they do not have one , so we would have to wait until six months .

Thanks everyone for the help

oh! She's from surigao if my guess is right. She should've ride a plane! So it's not difficult for her to be here in davao just in an hour. And don't worry pregnant women are given priorities in the line so I'm pretty sure she won't have a hard time getting the documents she needed. And if she wants an ultrasound she can go to davao doctors hospital. By the way, I'm a nurse! About the hotel if she wont like Sychar, in front of Sychar is another hotel, the d'leonor hotel. If in case u need wanna ask some questions about the place and/or just anything here in davao, just send me message. Ok? Godbless u and ur wife.

UPDATE : Just to let you know if your following . She made it to Davao 11 hours ! NSO is done and got the ultrasound done too ! The little one did not want to be seen LOL , but they think its a girl . Just has to get the NBI done and go home . She was able to stay at a cousins house after all . Thanks again for the help :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.