Oomer

applying for AP online

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I had my Green card interview in July 2006. Unfortunately there is no news of Green card. My name is for FBI name check. Now i am planning to go back to my parent country. I am based in naperville Il. Can i apply for online advance parole? Which one is better online or paper ? I would like to travel in march , when should i apply for that?

Happy new year.

Ans

--Jan 13,2006 Entered USA as Visitor (B2) ( I-94 is valid till end of June,2006)

--March 28,2006 Married in Naperville ,Illinois to United States Citizen

--April 5, 2006 Medical examination (I 693)+ Vaccination supplement form completed (chicago)

--April, 18,2006 AOS Package(I 130,I 485, I765)+supporting documents sent (chicago Lock Box)(DAY 1)

--May 1, 2006 BIOMETRIC APPOINTMENTS ( I 765 , I 485) received by mail for May 6, 2006

--May 6, 2006 BIOMETRICS TAKEN BY USCIS in Naperville (Day 19)

--July 21,2006 Initial Interview but waiting for FBI NAME CLEARANCE (Day 92)

--April 25, 2009 Infopass appointment to inquire my case : Result case was approved in June of 2008 but no body bothered to update my file (Day almost 610 )

--June 29 ,2009 10 year green card with date of Perm resident June 2008 received (Day almost 680 since interview )

--July 2011 Citizenship Interview :

-- Nov 2011 Oath Ceremony -US Citizen

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I applied online for my last AP. The advantage is that they receive the application right away and you are able to get a receipt number as well, saving you the time it would take for the post office to deliver the application and for it to be acknowledged. If you wish to travel in March you should get your application in as soon as possible - it can take 90 days to receive an AP. The application does have a box where it asks you your intended travel date - make sure you fill that in. If, when you get closer to your travel date and you are still waiting for the AP or your green card, you can make an infopass appointment and see if they can ensure that the AP arrives in time for your travel. If you haven't booked your travel tickets yet, you would be wise to wait and get them as late as possible to make sure you do get the AP in time - you won't be able to leave and return without the AP (or the green card) and you won't want to waste the money spent on a ticket you can't use. Good luck.

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline
I applied online for my last AP. The advantage is that they receive the application right away and you are able to get a receipt number as well, saving you the time it would take for the post office to deliver the application and for it to be acknowledged. If you wish to travel in March you should get your application in as soon as possible - it can take 90 days to receive an AP. The application does have a box where it asks you your intended travel date - make sure you fill that in. If, when you get closer to your travel date and you are still waiting for the AP or your green card, you can make an infopass appointment and see if they can ensure that the AP arrives in time for your travel. If you haven't booked your travel tickets yet, you would be wise to wait and get them as late as possible to make sure you do get the AP in time - you won't be able to leave and return without the AP (or the green card) and you won't want to waste the money spent on a ticket you can't use. Good luck.

I agree. We did it this way and it worked fine

2005 Aug 27 Happily Married

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi,

a)I filed I 485 + I 130 package and sent it to chciago Lock Box.I received I797 notices later on telling my cases are in Missouri Service Center. Is it same as National Benefit Center or different? While filling out I 131 form it asks where did you file I 485 ? So what should be my response?

B)I am e-filing I131 (AP form) . Can you please tell me What documnets should i sent along with the application ? Do i need to send Photographs and passport copies and purpose of travel ?

C) i am going to travel abroad for 90 days,is it okay to mention it on the form or just mentioing few weeks?

--Jan 13,2006 Entered USA as Visitor (B2) ( I-94 is valid till end of June,2006)

--March 28,2006 Married in Naperville ,Illinois to United States Citizen

--April 5, 2006 Medical examination (I 693)+ Vaccination supplement form completed (chicago)

--April, 18,2006 AOS Package(I 130,I 485, I765)+supporting documents sent (chicago Lock Box)(DAY 1)

--May 1, 2006 BIOMETRIC APPOINTMENTS ( I 765 , I 485) received by mail for May 6, 2006

--May 6, 2006 BIOMETRICS TAKEN BY USCIS in Naperville (Day 19)

--July 21,2006 Initial Interview but waiting for FBI NAME CLEARANCE (Day 92)

--April 25, 2009 Infopass appointment to inquire my case : Result case was approved in June of 2008 but no body bothered to update my file (Day almost 610 )

--June 29 ,2009 10 year green card with date of Perm resident June 2008 received (Day almost 680 since interview )

--July 2011 Citizenship Interview :

-- Nov 2011 Oath Ceremony -US Citizen

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.