CjBryan19

February 2014 filers

2,016 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Hey everyone, any good (or bad) news? I know a few of you have gotten GC by now and boy are we jealous. We received interview waiver letter a while ago. Kind of assumed it would happen but it was still disheartening to get it! For now we are keeping busy by planning our big party for this upcoming May - and planning a move to Denver! Hoping that we can save enough to move by fall. What's new with everyone?

02/04/14: I-129f Sent

02/0714: I-129f Delivered

02/11/14: NOA1 Electronic Copy Received

02/1314: Alien Registration Number changed

04/21/14: NOA2 Electronic Copy Received

04/29/14: NVC Received Case / LND Number Received

05/06/14: London Received Case

05/13/14: DS-160 Submitted

05/15/14: Medial Exam

05/18/14: Readiness Form Submitted

05/22/14: Packet 3 Received

06/19/14: Interview - APPROVED!!!!

06/23/14: Visa Issued

07/28/14: POE Chicago!!!

08/18/14: Got married :)

09/17/14: AOS/EAD/AP Packet Sent

09/18/14: AOS Packet Received

09/22/14: EAD Electronic Notice of Action

11/25/14: EAD/AP Approved

12/04/14: EAD/AP Received

05/23/15: Big Reception With Both our Families!

06/26/15: Letter of Approval!

07/02/15: Greencard Arrived in Mail!

Hi there! There's a whole thread over in AOS progress for us poor souls who got that letter. Come on over! LOTS of Brits too.

How exciting that you're moving to Denver! it's such a cool city. :) And colorado is gorgeous.

Not too much new with us. We're knee-deep in planning our trip to Europe this summer (under the guise of taking my stepson to visit his mother), and a family trip to South Africa at Christmas. I'm so thankful we don't live there! 4 people (family and friends) just in the last week have been robbed, mugged, or assaulted in their home. That country is going downhill fast. This may be my one and only trip there.

Happy Spring! :)

K1 Visa timeline:

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

02/01/2014 - mailed our petition

07/25/2014 - Johan arrives in Los Angeles! 

*See updated timeline for specific dates.*

AOS timeline:~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

08/02/2014 - AOS, EAD, AP applications mailed. 

11/17/2014 - K2 gets an interview waiver letter in the mail (dated November 12th) (K1 has never gotten this letter)

08/24/2015 - Green cards are FINALLY in hand after nearly 13 months of waiting. 

ROC timeline: ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

05/01/2017 - ROC application sent 

05/02/2017 - CSC receives our package

05/03/2017 - Official NOA1 date

05/10/2017 - MO cashed at our bank

05/12/2017 - NOA 1 is in the mailbox.

05/20/2017 - Biometrics letter in hand

05/31/2017 - biometrics appt (Oxnard, CA)

06/19/2018 - ROC still pending with no news but that wonky glitch back in February, so we went ahead and filed for citizenship

N-400 timeline: ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

06/19/2018 - N-400 application filed online

06/20/2018 - NOA1 received online for Naturalization application

06/25/2018 - Biometrics notification online (PDF Document)

07/12/2018 - Biometrics appt (Oxnard, CA)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

Hey everyone, any good (or bad) news? I know a few of you have gotten GC by now and boy are we jealous. We received interview waiver letter a while ago. Kind of assumed it would happen but it was still disheartening to get it! For now we are keeping busy by planning our big party for this upcoming May - and planning a move to Denver! Hoping that we can save enough to move by fall. What's new with everyone?

Yay, how exciting! It sounds like you guys have a lot of exciting things going on soon :)

We're knee-deep in planning our trip to Europe this summer (under the guise of taking my stepson to visit his mother)

I wish we could go to Europe in the summer!

Here's what's new with us: I just got my interview letter last week: we will be going in for the interview late-April :) Also, I got really lucky and found an entry-level job in the field I'm interested in (HR) really fast! I stared about a month ago after my two best friends from Germany visited us. So far, I like it a lot :)

I'm excited to read everyone else's news :)

Edited by tina:)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

We just received our interview letter too. It's on April 22. The timing couldn't be worse. We will be in Texas at that time for work so now we had to book tickets for $600 to fly in for this since its so unsafe to reschedule it.

Bright side about it is that when everything goes smooth we are done with USCIS for a while.

I wonder how they decide who has to have an interview and who gets the waiver..we all went thru K1 and already had interviews..so why again and why some don't...it freaks me out a bit..

We will be flying to Germany end of August to have a big first anniversary party with all friends and family that couldn't make it to our wedding..I'm soooo excited!!

Edited by msdynamite

Yay, how exciting! It sounds like you guys have a lot of exciting things going on soon :)

I wish we could go to Europe in the summer!

Here's what's new with us: I just got my interview letter last week: we will be going in for the interview late-April :) Also, I got really lucky and found an entry-level job in the field I'm interested in (HR) really fast! I stared about a month ago after my two best friends from Germany visited us. So far, I like it a lot :)

I'm excited to read everyone else's news :)

We're headed to the Western side of Germany! :) My husband is insistent on visiting the town Husum, since apparently, our last name originates from there. We expect to visit Cologne, etc. Basically, a week-long road trip around the country. I'm excited!! What shouldn't we miss, west of Frankfurt?

Congrats on the interview and the new job! That rocks!

We just received our interview letter too. It's on April 22. The timing couldn't be worse. We will be in Texas at that time for work so now we had to book tickets for $600 to fly in for this since its so unsafe to reschedule it.

Bright side about it is that when everything goes smooth we are done with USCIS for a while.

I wonder how they decide who has to have an interview and who gets the waiver..we all went thru K1 and already had interviews..so why again and why some don't...it freaks me out a bit..

We will be flying to Germany end of August to have a big first anniversary party with all friends and family that couldn't make it to our wedding..I'm soooo excited!!

Congratulations about the interview! But boooo about the timing. :(

I wish I knew how they decided. I'd have chosen the path that leads to interviewing FOR SURE!! The waiver sucks. You'd think it'd lead to a faster process. Nothing is further from the truth. I'm just happy to be married and all of us living together. <3

K1 Visa timeline:

11/17/2014 - K2 gets an interview waiver letter in the mail (dated November 12th) (K1 has never gotten this letter)

06/19/2018 - ROC still pending with no news but that wonky glitch back in February, so we went ahead and filed for citizenship

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

We're headed to the Western side of Germany! :) My husband is insistent on visiting the town Husum, since apparently, our last name originates from there. We expect to visit Cologne, etc. Basically, a week-long road trip around the country. I'm excited!! What shouldn't we miss, west of Frankfurt?

Congratulations about the interview! But boooo about the timing. :(

I wish I knew how they decided. I'd have chosen the path that leads to interviewing FOR SURE!! The waiver sucks. You'd think it'd lead to a faster process. Nothing is further from the truth. I'm just happy to be married and all of us living together. <3

Thanks Tina..I guess USCIS just always knows how to make your day worse even though it's actually good news.

I'm excited to be done with this second step of the journey. Although a little nervous since we don't have a joint lease or utility bills. We live in the house that our boss owns and since they know me well I never had to sign anything. And hubby did the utility bills since I didn't have any income because of the lacking EAD.

I had my boss write an affidavit about this.. I hope USCIS will be ok with it.

We have a joint phone bill, credit card and a savings account and tons of pictures.. But that's about it..will this be ok?

Oh and about visting western Germany: I lived in Cologne for the past 10 years. It's not the prettiest town but really nice little bars and of course the "Dom" ..big church!

Hope my friends don't read this but Düsseldorf is actually a real pretty city to visit and close to cologne.. Shopping is cheaper in Cologne though :)

Edited by msdynamite

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Thanks Tina..I guess USCIS just always knows how to make your day worse even though it's actually good news.

I'm excited to be done with this second step of the journey. Although a little nervous since we don't have a joint lease or utility bills. We live in the house that our boss owns and since they know me well I never had to sign anything. And hubby did the utility bills since I didn't have any income because of the lacking EAD.

I had my boss write an affidavit about this.. I hope USCIS will be ok with it.

We have a joint phone bill, credit card and a savings account and tons of pictures.. But that's about it..will this be ok?

Oh and about visting western Germany: I lived in Cologne for the past 10 years. It's not the prettiest town but really nice little bars and of course the "Dom" ..big church!

Hope my friends don't read this but Düsseldorf is actually a real pretty city to visit and close to cologne.. Shopping is cheaper in Cologne though :)

hey all!!!!

The past few months have been hectic.....on Jan 28 i gave birth to beautiful little girl.....then a few weeks later i received the approved EAD and AP....then another blessing....i received an interview letter. ofcourse it was short notice, and on my letter it stated they needed court certified copies of my arrest record!! with less than a months notice, i had to hustle.....long story short, i had a huge binder of info and a great interview....altho the IO only took our lease, utilities, medical and joint banking info as well as some pictures. He didnt even look thru my big ### binder!! Haha

I have no idea how they choose, but once prepared.....the interview was a breeze.....just had to show that we are a bonifide couple. The IO only asked my hubby about how we met, when he met my family, and when we started dating. he asked me bout my arrest, the baby, and to show proof of relationship. we were outta there 15 mins later with the approval letter. i literally skipped to the car! Lol.

I think any thing you have jointly, bring....as well if you have anything mailed to you at your current residence....just be confident and be prepared.

Good luck with everything....

hey all!!!!

The past few months have been hectic.....on Jan 28 i gave birth to beautiful little girl.....then a few weeks later i received the approved EAD and AP....then another blessing....i received an interview letter. ofcourse it was short notice, and on my letter it stated they needed court certified copies of my arrest record!! with less than a months notice, i had to hustle.....long story short, i had a huge binder of info and a great interview....altho the IO only took our lease, utilities, medical and joint banking info as well as some pictures. He didnt even look thru my big ### binder!! Haha

I have no idea how they choose, but once prepared.....the interview was a breeze.....just had to show that we are a bonifide couple. The IO only asked my hubby about how we met, when he met my family, and when we started dating. he asked me bout my arrest, the baby, and to show proof of relationship. we were outta there 15 mins later with the approval letter. i literally skipped to the car! Lol.

I think any thing you have jointly, bring....as well if you have anything mailed to you at your current residence....just be confident and be prepared.

Good luck with everything....

Congratulations!! pics! post a pic of that baby. :)

K1 Visa timeline:

Timeline

Congratulations!! pics! post a pic of that baby. :)

here are a couple pictures.....lol

Good luck with your journey ..... it feels so fab to be done with this part of my journey!!!!!

Xo

post-177455-0-97057900-1427494073_thumb.jpg

post-177455-0-72086300-1427494459_thumb.jpg

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

Thanks! Wow, how exciting! You HAVE to go to my home town Hamburg, it's in the north and not far from Husum. It's really beautiful and there's a lot to see, especially in the summer: the Alster, Jungfernstieg, the port, Speicherstadt, Planten un Blomen, Hafencity (in case you want to google some of that to see pictures). Another destination I can recommend is the town Hamelin. Its town center is full of houses from the 16th and 17th century with paintings on them. You may have heard the legend of The Pied Piper of Hamlin? :) Let me know if you need more information or if you have questions :)

here are a couple pictures.....lol

Good luck with your journey ..... it feels so fab to be done with this part of my journey!!!!!

Xo

Yay, how exciting! Congratulations on both :) So happy for you! You guys have the cutest little baby :)

Timeline

Thanks! Wow, how exciting! You HAVE to go to my home town Hamburg, it's in the north and not far from Husum. It's really beautiful and there's a lot to see, especially in the summer: the Alster, Jungfernstieg, the port, Speicherstadt, Planten un Blomen, Hafencity (in case you want to google some of that to see pictures). Another destination I can recommend is the town Hamelin. Its town center is full of houses from the 16th and 17th century with paintings on them. You may have heard the legend of The Pied Piper of Hamlin? :) Let me know if you need more information or if you have questions :)

Yay, how exciting! Congratulations on both :) So happy for you! You guys have the cutest little baby :)

awwww thanks!!! We kinda like her....lol

Good luck with the rest pc your journey!

Xo

Timeline

Hey all

Quick question.....

I received my Green Card today!!! Woo hoo.....but just wanted to know.....i was approved for my advance parole for travel in sept.....but since i now have my green card, does that mean i can travel any time i want? Or do i still need to follow the AP and only travel in Sept?

We are thinking about travelling to Toronto for my family to see our little daughter....

Thxxxx in advance!!!

Hey all

Quick question.....

I received my Green Card today!!! Woo hoo.....but just wanted to know.....i was approved for my advance parole for travel in sept.....but since i now have my green card, does that mean i can travel any time i want? Or do i still need to follow the AP and only travel in Sept?

We are thinking about travelling to Toronto for my family to see our little daughter....

Thxxxx in advance!!!

Congrats! We're hoping to have Johan's and Shaun's bu September. I wish I was kidding. Green card trumps EAD/AP. But you didn't have to wait with AP anyway. You can travel on that too. We're going to Ireland in July and South Africa in December, green card in hand or not.

Congrats again!

Hamburg is now on the list! ?

K1 Visa timeline:

We are in AOS mode...waiting waiting. Just wondered what's the standard for EAD/ap arrival? We sent out packet in early Feb and still nothing after biometrics. It's pretty frustrating that he can't work but he's Been taking English classes, and doing tons with the baby, and helps incredibly at home....still I feel bad he's such an active sociable guy and now with six months in the US in a few days.....little progress in his paperwork.

Noa1: Feb 12, 2014ARN: Feb 19, 2014Noa2: July 15, 2014NVC: July 22, 2014Left NVC: July 29, 2014CONSULATE: July 31, 2014PACKET 4: Aug 25, 2014INTERVIEW: Sept 18, 2014 APPROVED!!!!!!!US ENTRY: Oct 10,2014MARRIAGE: Nov 7,2014

AOS: Feb filersSent AOS packet via FedEx : Feb 13, 2015FedEx confirmed delivery: Feb 17, 2015Texts & Emails confirming receipt: Feb 20, 2015Check cashed: Feb 20, 2015NOA 1:received Feb 26, 2015 dated Feb 19, 2015Biometrics letter received: Feb 27, 2015Biometrics appt: Mar 12, 2015EAD Approved: Apr 24, 2015

AP Approved: Apr 24, 2015

Combo Card to Be Mailed:Combo Card Received: early MayInterview : waiver letter received :clock:Sept 15: APPROVED status online changed to "On September 15, 2015, we registered your permanent resident status and mailed you a Welcome Notice for Receipt Number MSCXXXXXXXX. Please follow the instructions in the notice." Welcome Letter received:Sept 21,2015!!!!!!

Green Card received: Sept 2015

ROC received in Vermont: Sept 1, 2017

ROC/Biometrics checks cashed: Sept 6, 2017

NOA1 received : 

We are in AOS mode...waiting waiting. Just wondered what's the standard for EAD/ap arrival? We sent out packet in early Feb and still nothing after biometrics. It's pretty frustrating that he can't work but he's Been taking English classes, and doing tons with the baby, and helps incredibly at home....still I feel bad he's such an active sociable guy and now with six months in the US in a few days.....little progress in his paperwork.

Soydeel!! Hi there!! It's been a long long time! Congrats on your marriage. :) it took 97 days for Johan's ead. We're still waiting for the green card. It'll likely be sometime in August/September since he got an interview waiver letter. At least our spouses are now here! :)

K1 Visa timeline:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.