Janelle2002

School shootings continue despite safety emphasis

43 posts in this topic

Here's what you're missing:

A punk white kid would never go through what TM did. When was the last time someone called in a suspicious looking white teen, followed them, got into a confrontation, and then killed him in self defense? It doesn't happen, not here. People handle situations depending on whose involved. Look at this, George Zimmerman is famous for killing someone, not a criminal in an act of crime, but walking home from the store. TM is considered a thug, it's a word that only reserved for black teens and men who wear saggy pants. By all accounts JB should be called a thug, but he's not. He does drugs, sags his pants, cusses out cops and breaks the law.

I'm not saying you haven't seen racism, I'm pointing out that the rules are clearly different for people of color versus white people.

JB is a thug. I would gladly have him and TM trade places

JB is also a spoiled brat who needs his butt tore up

Yes and it seems like you can point out every single time a white person kills a black for no good reason

However the 1000's and 1000's of black on black killings that have happened for no good reason.

Well I don't see you posting about those do I. It's only news to you when one of the rare White on black killings happen.Then it's important

That makes me think that you don't care so much about black kids getting killed as you do making sure Race remains a devise issue in this nation

No, I point it out when you say, only worry about blacks killing blacks. You forget that we're an endangered species, even from our own kind. It's not as rare as you think, but it's eclipsed when folks bring up places like Chicago or Baltimore.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Erm............not that I disagree that children are often unsupervised. But those same kids are probably ignored when Mom (or Mom and Dad or whomever) are home from work.

The school system is not a baby-sitter. Now if you want to talk about modifying the educational calendar so it fits modern day life, rather than a 100 year old agrarian system, then that would be modernisation.

Not a babysitter, but we have to agree that there are plenty of good parents, but are just at work and it is hard to have the kids at home these 2 or 3 hours unsupervised.

I have worked in two different countries abroad. I can guarantee there were plenty of after school activities for these students to do for an extra hour or two that was, art, language, etc offered by the schools themselves.

Try Japan or Sri Lanka.

Jeebus.

Why do you talk about things - things that you really don't understand? Or can ever understand?

It's like when men talk about rape or about birth control. You f-ing don't really get it because you aren't a woman. Like I can't really get what it's like to experience erectile dysfunction.

rofl.gif

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Colorado school shooter angry at librarian but had shotgun, machete and 3 Molotov cocktails for killing spree

Must have taken him a whole 2 minutes to make one

Anti-tank weapons

used by the Finns in the Winter War

THE MOLOTOV COCKTAIL

molotovcocktail.jpg

Picture source:

"Talvisodan Historia 2", p.60

molotovcocktaildesign.gif

While the Molotov Cocktail was first used as a weapon in the Spanish civil war, the "poor man's AT-weapon" was baptized as the "Molotov Cocktail" in the Winter War. Even today it's a common weapon of terrorists and rioters, because it's easy to manufacture and to use.

The Molotov Cocktail, that was used by the Finns in the Winter War was developed by a design team, led by Captain Eero Kuittinen, commander of the Er.PionK (

And what would be the point of this line of thought exactly?

Not a babysitter, but we have to agree that there are plenty of good parents, but are just at work and it is hard to have the kids at home these 2 or 3 hours unsupervised.

I have worked in two different countries abroad. I can guarantee there were plenty of after school activities for these students to do for an extra hour or two that was, art, language, etc offered by the schools themselves.

Try Japan or Sri Lanka.

But that's not "school" nine hours a day. That's extra fun stuff.

Yeah, we need to do more of that in the US. There is extra curricular stuff, but it's usually cyclical. A sport maybe. Scouting one night a week. Etcetera.

I was fortunate to have a good sitter for my son when he was in first grade, and I then did the stay at home Mom thing for about six years. When my son was about 12, I went back to work. He became a latchkey kid at that point. I made sure he knew how to get ahold of me during those afternoon hours. And I made damn sure he knew he was being "watched" by the neighbors and would report any nonsense back to me. :P

Our journey together on this earth has come to an end.

I will see you one day again, my love.

JB is a thug. I would gladly have him and TM trade places

JB is also a spoiled brat who needs his butt tore up

And for all his thuggish behavior, he will never be profiled like TM was. No matter what, we will always be looked at as inferior, in one way or another. There will always be an overreaction to our skin color, be it good or bad(Chris Rock).

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

And for all his thuggish behavior, he will never be profiled like TM was. No matter what, we will always be looked at as inferior, in one way or another. There will always be an overreaction to our skin color, be it good or bad(Chris Rock).

Hmmm.

I'm hoping not "always".

We might have a few decades left to go. But I think there's hope!

Hmmm.

I'm hoping not "always".

We might have a few decades left to go. But I think there's hope!

All I can do is pray about it and hope my actions speak for me.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Bombs take preparation. Guns are ready to go.

True, but In the Columbine case, the shooters had to get someone else to buy them guns and they planned out the attack well in advance. Lots of preparation, research and planning went into this particular mass shooting. This one was well planned out. They made several bombs of varying types and potential power. Fortunately, if there is any way to use that word concerning Columbine, there bomb making efforts weren't very good. The death toll could have been higher. They didn't obey any gun laws nor did the ones who obtained the guns and ammo for them. These two boys were on a mission and where there's a will, there's a way. This particular incident wasn't a case of rage or someone getting pissed off and running home to grab a gun. This was more carefully planned than the Boston Marathon bombing in some ways.

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

But that's not "school" nine hours a day. That's extra fun stuff.

Yeah, we need to do more of that in the US. There is extra curricular stuff, but it's usually cyclical. A sport maybe. Scouting one night a week. Etcetera.

I was fortunate to have a good sitter for my son when he was in first grade, and I then did the stay at home Mom thing for about six years. When my son was about 12, I went back to work. He became a latchkey kid at that point. I made sure he knew how to get ahold of me during those afternoon hours. And I made damn sure he knew he was being "watched" by the neighbors and would report any nonsense back to me. :P

See you had a fortunate situation many people will not have the opportunity to have.

A good neighbor is almost unheard of nowadays. We have lost the idea of a community the more we promote individuality.

See you had a fortunate situation many people will not have the opportunity to have.

A good neighbor is almost unheard of nowadays. We have lost the idea of a community the more we promote individuality.

But, but, but..................yeah I know things turned out for me. That didn't happen though without some effort on my part.

What I'm trying to say is that if people are going to have children, they need to take into account what they are going to do about that. The US could do much by better by children. But in the meanwhile, part of parenting means planning. You plan out how you are going to afford all the baby chit; you plan for a sitter; you plan for buying new clothes and shoes; all that jazz. You plan out what to do with the little hooligans before you get home from work. If you don't have a "good neighborhood" then you try your damndest to teach your kid to be part of the solution and not part of the problem.

It might sound trite. And it isn't easy. It means people have to pay attention to their kids and that is HARD. It means being able to disconnect from the work day and listen to the kid. No amount of after-school support from the state can replace that.

But, but, but..................yeah I know things turned out for me. That didn't happen though without some effort on my part.

What I'm trying to say is that if people are going to have children, they need to take into account what they are going to do about that. The US could do much by better by children. But in the meanwhile, part of parenting means planning. You plan out how you are going to afford all the baby chit; you plan for a sitter; you plan for buying new clothes and shoes; all that jazz. You plan out what to do with the little hooligans before you get home from work. If you don't have a "good neighborhood" then you try your damndest to teach your kid to be part of the solution and not part of the problem.

It might sound trite. And it isn't easy. It means people have to pay attention to their kids and that is HARD. It means being able to disconnect from the work day and listen to the kid. No amount of after-school support from the state can replace that.

This is true. It takes planing from both parents. But we could definitely do more. What if people decide to stop having kids. Which some countries are currently having this problem. Where would the future of our country be? Just like we are under funding education. Who will be the future leaders? We need to think more about our future as a people and a country. However, we know the U.S. likes band aids and short term scheming instead of long term solutions.

This is true. It takes planing from both parents. But we could definitely do more. What if people decide to stop having kids. Which some countries are currently having this problem. Where would the future of our country be? Just like we are under funding education. Who will be the future leaders? We need to think more about our future as a people and a country. However, we know the U.S. likes band aids and short term scheming instead of long term solutions.

The US likes its military and will just put all the kids in it.