20 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
If she wants to become legal, she will have to leave the US, and apply for another visa.

Will his marriage fraud allegation leading up to having his petition withdrawn in any way be taken into consideration if she attempts to come back on another visa from her home country, after leaving?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I don't have anything useful to add, just wanted to say that I'm sorry to hear about all the trouble you've been in. Thank you for your service to our country.

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I will tell you what I did, but my ex came on a K-1. I filed for divorce and since his AOS was still pending, I made an InfoPass appointment and went to the office where the interview would take place. I took a letter, which I had previoulsy mailed infoming USCIS of the divorce and told them I wanted to report marriage fraud. I had prepared a detailed log of dates and events just in case I got nervous and couldn't remember. I spoke to an Immigration Officer and an ICE agent in the same day. I had copies of previous USCIS correspondence, such as I-129f, I-485, EAD, his passport, social security card, our marriage license and a letter from the post office for his change of address. Since the I-485 was still pending, they had me write a letter stating I wished to withdraw my affidavit of support. They were so nice to me, much more so than I expected. After receiving the final divorce decree, I returned to provide a copy of that. Again they were very nice to me and this time the woman at the window told me she was going to let me talk to the Officer in Charge. He too was very nice, he told me that since I had withdrawn my support of my ex-husband's petition it was now between him and them and he could not tell me anything further about the case, but he did say he was going to request his file from Vermont and they would make a decision on his AOS case. After that, I went online to check the status and there was a message saying last written correspondence was returned by the post office as undeliverable. I guess that means he never updated his address with USCIS.

Now, I know you didn't ask for this, but please try to read what I'm about to say with an open mind. What my ex husband did to me was terrible. I loved him with all my heart, in some ways still do and probably always will. It hurts more than anyone could ever imagine to find out you've been used by someone you loved enough to marry. If you are like me, you could easily let this consume you. Your emotions may range from deep sadness to bitter anger. Try to do whatever you need to do to get over her. I don't know what that is, everybody is different. You didn't do anything wrong and don't beat yourself up for not seeing some sign that everybody will point out to you. Remeber love is blind. You loved her and you shouldn't blame yourself for being human.

I think her immigration process will be difficult since you never filed for AOS, she will have to explain herself to USCIS in terms of her failed marriage with you and any other future marriages she enters. I don't know if you are the father of her child, but I'm assuming you're not and that might be best so you can really separate from her.

I wish you well. If you want to ask me additional questions, feel free to PM me.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Wow. What great advice from dmartmar and portsaid.

PEGGY & ROGER

3dflagsdotcom_canad_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif

K-1/K-2 VISA'S APPROVED IN MONTREAL MAY 2, 2005

K-1/K-2 AOS APPROVED IN ATLANTA MAY 17, 2006

10 year GC Approved - APRIL 16th ,2009 - Peggy and Jonathan's......

Still waiting for our cards...Had to file I-90 as they sent them to the wrong address.

March 9th, 2010, Received GC that has been lost in the mail for 10 months. Still waiting for my son's that is lost as well.

Filed Waiver for my son's 10 year GC and it was approved. He finally received his GC after its been missing for 2 years.

Thanking God this is over for 10 years.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

i was gonna say the same thing dmartmar seems to have the best advice yet. I would follow that and also check with your lawyer.

5-2005/ met online

11-4-2005/ went to see him in republic of georgia

11-25-2005 returned home

01-17-2006/ sent I129F to <!--WORD2URL-01--><!--END WORD2URL-01-->nsc<!--WORD2URL-02--><!--END WORD2URL-02-->

01-23-2006/ packet was recieved and signed for

01-23-2006 / NOA 1

01-26-2006/ check was cashed

01-31-2006/ recieved NOA 1 in mail

03-23-2006/ NOA 2 - oh yeah

03-27-2006/ touched

03-30-2006/ recieved NOA 2 in mail

04-07-2006-petition was sent to nvc

04-19-2006/petition got entered into nvc system recieved case number

05-30-2006/ interview date ( yahoo)

05-30-2006/he was put on a/p

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.