kssette

How tough is Moroccan Consulate on Muslim/Muslim Marriages?

7 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I have been wondering how interviews go for American Muslims and Moroccan Muslims that marry.......so is there anyone out there with experience in this?

Yes, I am an American Muslim revert and Ahmed is a Moroccan Muslim. We went through a K-1 process though. I was Muslim before I met Ahmed but they didn't really ask about my religion during his interview probably because I've worn hijab since Ahmed and I began courting so I guess they could just assume I was Muslim beforehand? I'm not sure, but it didn't seem like a concern for them. They did ask why he chose me over somebody from his own country.

{OUR PROCESS}

*SENT PACKAGE DECEMBER 5TH 2012*

- Dec 9, 2012: Petition received by USCIS via USPS signature confirmation delivery

- Dec 13, 2012: Cleared check & NOA1 later in day

- Dec 18, 2012: NOA1 (hard copy) received in the mail dated the 12th Dec

- February 26, 2013: Petition is being transferred to another office

-February 28, 2013: Petition was received by unspecified office and alien registration number was changed.

-March 04, 2013: Called USCIS & found out our file was transferred to California Service Center.

-June 4, 2013 NOA2

-June 6, 2013: NVC Received petition

-June 19, 2013 : Petition left NVC

-July 3, 2013: Packet 3 Received (via email)

- Aug 13 2013: Interview Date : (Rescheduled for a later date)

- September 25, 2013: New interview date, initially approved but put into AP for insufficient co-sponsor.

- Sept. 25- Nov. 20th 2013: In AP due to insufficient co-sponsor

- Nov 21, 2013: CEAC website says visa is Issued :) YAY!

- Nov 26, 2013: Visa in hand dancin5hr.gif

Timeline

I am a revert as well......I declared the shahada in 2010. By 2013, I felt I was ready to marry and complete my deen. We met on a Muslim website and I just didn't know how the consulate would look at this sort of thing. My choices were limited as I come from a small town where I am the only Muslim. I have to travel 35 miles to go to the nearest Mosque and because the city it is in has such a small minority of Muslims there was no chance there either.

Timeline

I am a revert as well......I declared the shahada in 2010. By 2013, I felt I was ready to marry and complete my deen. We met on a Muslim website and I just didn't know how the consulate would look at this sort of thing. My choices were limited as I come from a small town where I am the only Muslim. I have to travel 35 miles to go to the nearest Mosque and because the city it is in has such a small minority of Muslims there was no chance there either.

Dont worry i have friend that went throught K-1 too his wife convert to islam after met him when first she visted him was not muslim after then she convert to islam .he got his visa easly wthout any Probleme they are now living together .Good luck .

event.png

mohammed-iii-sultan-of-morocco-and-georg

Religious similarities or differences are part of the overall big picture the consulate in Morocco will look at. They may be much more interested in the particulars of the website you met on, your ages, and other demographics more so than shared or different religious beliefs.

How well you know each other, how much time spent together before and after marriage, and why, if it was a decidedly quick marriage without much time spent together for example, things like that.

Edited by sandinista!

I-love-Muslims-SH.gif

c00c42aa-2fb9-4dfa-a6ca-61fb8426b4f4_zps

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I think that is a good thing and it can definitely help your case. I am a revert and I took my shahada before meeting my husband and we also met on a muslim website and when he went to his interview in casablanca back in 2010 the person who interviewed him asked him many questions about that topic and said that it was a good thing that we both share the same religion, having more in common is always a good thing. good luck

K-1

Met Online: October 2007

Went to Morocco : April 2009

Filed K-1: March 3, 2010

Interview: July 26, 2010

Visa in hand: August 2, 2010

US Entry: September 29, 2010

Married: October 1, 2010

Adjustment of Status

Filed AOS: December 29, 2010

Biometrics: February 10, 2011

Approved: February 28,2011

GC Received March 4, 2011

Lifting Conditions

Filed: December 17, 2012

Biometrics: February 4, 2013

Approved: April 29, 2013

GC Received: May 11, 2013

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

They never questioned us or made mention of our religion in our interview (granted this was Egypt) It was obvious from our pictures that we were both Muslim, having pictures from the Nikah and all. I am a little surprised it didn't come up that we married the day after we met in real life. I guess we had so much supporting evidence since that day, that it more or less told our story. My husband was encouraged more towards the narrative style interview where he told our life story rather than being grilled with a thousand questions.

Edited by RFQ

RFQ [uSA] & SIMA [EGYPT]
Sima Applies for B2: 12/2012
5yr B2 approved: 02/2012
Married: 03/09/2012
NAO1: 04/25/2012
NAO2: 07/26/2012
8/8/2012: NVC Case Received
NVC #: 8/29/2012

1/24/13: AoS and 230 accepted
01/31/13: Rec'd checklist (expectedly)
02/14/13: Item @ NVC

CASE COMPLETE: 2/24/13
03/15/13: Interview date received
03/17/13: Medical
INTERVIEW: 4/03/13
"Approved Pending AP"
11/07/2013: Request for Updated Documents (via Egyptian consulate AP page)

12/20/2013: Request for return of Passport to Embassy (phone call)
01/13/2014: Passport returned to embassy

01/15/2014: Status Changed (CEAC) Visa Printed
VISA RECEIVED: 1/17/14 dancin5hr.gif

POE: JFK on 3/12/14 CLEARED!
Baby1 1/2015 Baby2 8/2106 isA

2016 Beginning naturalization process later this year, isA

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.