We Keep Receipts

3 bodies, two of them children, found at Fort Hood, military says

35 posts in this topic

http://www.cnn.com/2014/01/21/us/texas-fort-hood-bodies/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

(CNN) -- The bodies of three people, two of them children, were discovered at an on-base residence in Fort Hood, Texas, the Army said in a news release.

The bodies -- one man and two children -- were found about 8:15 a.m. ET, and the U.S. Army Criminal Investigation Command has launched a probe, according to the release.

No further details were available, and the identifications of the deceased won't be released until the next of kin is notified, the Army said.

Chris Grey, spokesman for the criminal investigation command, could not provide further details but said, "We do not believe there is any further threat to the community at this time."

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Timeline

War weary troops.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/01/21/us/texas-fort-hood-bodies/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

(CNN) -- The bodies of three people, two of them children, were discovered at an on-base residence in Fort Hood, Texas, the Army said in a news release.

The bodies -- one man and two children -- were found about 8:15 a.m. ET, and the U.S. Army Criminal Investigation Command has launched a probe, according to the release.

No further details were available, and the identifications of the deceased won't be released until the next of kin is notified, the Army said.

Chris Grey, spokesman for the criminal investigation command, could not provide further details but said, "We do not believe there is any further threat to the community at this time."

War weary troops.

Don't know, the story doesn't give much details yet.

I was stationed there back in 1995 thru 1997. We had some issues, but I don't recall anything like this.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Timeline

I was stationed there 83 and 84. I am assuming it was a murder suicide but could be wrong. I do know that troops are war weary for many years now.

Don't know, the story doesn't give much details yet.

I was stationed there back in 1995 thru 1997. We had some issues, but I don't recall anything like this.

I was stationed there 83 and 84. I am assuming it was a murder suicide but could be wrong. I do know that troops are war weary for many years now.

Really? What unit? I was in 3rd Sig Brigade before moving up to III Corps. I know 1st Cav and 4th ID are no joke.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Timeline

It was back when the 2nd armored div was there. I was with one of the 1st MLRS and we were attached to the artillery. If I remember right they deactivated 2nd armored and placed them with the 1st Cav.

My only claim to fame was I came up with a new morning run cadence based on the Godzilla song. After a few months I even got sick of it.

Really? What unit? I was in 3rd Sig Brigade before moving up to III Corps. I know 1st Cav and 4th ID are no joke.

It was back when the 2nd armored div was there. I was with one of the 1st MLRS and we were attached to the artillery. If I remember right they deactivated 2nd armored and placed them with the 1st Cav.

My only claim to fame was I came up with a new morning run cadence based on the Godzilla song. After a few months I even got sick of it.

I can imagine. The few guys that I knew that were assigned to the Cav all got kicked out or went AWOL. It was horrible over there.

My claim to fame was I was part of the Basic Training group that starred in Renaissance Man with Danny De vito and Gregory Hines. If you look hard enough, you can see my right shoe in the frame.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Timeline

That is pretty cool. Fort Hood was huge. Two divisions coud go out on maneuvers and not run over each other. I enjoyed Fort Hood as it was cose to Austin and I could go home to Houston now and again.

I can imagine. The few guys that I knew that were assigned to the Cav all got kicked out or went AWOL. It was horrible over there.

My claim to fame was I was part of the Basic Training group that starred in Renaissance Man with Danny De vito and Gregory Hines. If you look hard enough, you can see my right shoe in the frame.

That is pretty cool. Fort Hood was huge. Two divisions coud go out on maneuvers and not run over each other. I enjoyed Fort Hood as it was cose to Austin and I could go home to Houston now and again.

I was there, and never saw all of it. I loved going to Austin(6th Street) and San Antonio. But I couldn't stand Killeen.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Timeline

Killeen did suck. 6th street was a party. I knew lots of people in Austin at that time as I had been going there and even lived there for awhile. If I was going to San Antonio I would just go home to Houston though. I liked to party back then.

I was there, and never saw all of it. I loved going to Austin(6th Street) and San Antonio. But I couldn't stand Killeen.

Killeen did suck. 6th street was a party. I knew lots of people in Austin at that time as I had been going there and even lived there for awhile. If I was going to San Antonio I would just go home to Houston though. I liked to party back then.

At that time, anything was better than Killeen, even Temple. But I did enjoy the trips down there. Texas Relays? Yikes! Not to mention the Riverwalk in San Antonio...

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Get out of town. Back in what... 1993? But wait... wasn't that filmed at Ft. Jackson? And aren't you Navy?

Or Padre Island during spring break. star_smile.gif

Never made it out there, wish I had though.

Get out of town. Back in what... 1993? But wait... wasn't that filmed at Ft. Jackson? And aren't you Navy?

Yep, back in Sept 1993. Fort Jackson, Charlie Company 2-28, 4th Platoon. Got to meet Penny Marshal and saw Danny De Vito, missed Stacey Dash(damn). I did 6 and a half years in the Army. Got out in January 1999, joined the Navy in Sept of the same year.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg