Kurt and Rose

Help me pls!!

5 posts in this topic

Hi everybody and to all VJ member!! I feel so great and I would like to thank you Hank, Apple 21 and Greenbaum who gave me advice to get passport for my child while im here in philippines,, finally we will recieved the passport for my child this coming January 29, 2014. Me and my hubby still waiting for my case number from NVC to complete the processing our papers, i know once we recieve our case number from NVC this is the time we will become busy (and no time to get all the paper for my child needs). And this is my question "what more papers or document that i need to get for my child,except passport ? Do I need to get DSWD certificate to allowing them to live america with me,? ( because i want to accomplish all the papers for my child before we recieved the the case number from NVC. In order once i get there in America i want to bring with me all the documents because for my first day in america we will apply for them also I130 to follow me, (both they are minor), pls anyone can give me advice to this kind of problem, "help me" my pleasure to read all reply! Thank you in advance!!

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi everybody and to all VJ member!! I feel so great and I would like to thank you Hank, Apple 21 and Greenbaum who gave me advice to get passport for my child while im here in philippines,, finally we will recieved the passport for my child this coming January 29, 2014. Me and my hubby still waiting for my case number from NVC to complete the processing our papers, i know once we recieve our case number from NVC this is the time we will become busy (and no time to get all the paper for my child needs). And this is my question "what more papers or document that i need to get for my child,except passport ? Do I need to get DSWD certificate to allowing them to live america with me,? ( because i want to accomplish all the papers for my child before we recieved the the case number from NVC. In order once i get there in America i want to bring with me all the documents because for my first day in america we will apply for them also I130 to follow me, (both they are minor), pls anyone can give me advice to this kind of problem, "help me" my pleasure to read all reply! Thank you in advance!!

I think I misspoke I was not referring to the DSWD travel clearance certificate, that you do not need. I was referring to the exit fee, I can't refer you to the site for that as it has been down since it was hacked. Here is the site regarding the travel clearance stating you do not need it.

http://www.dswd.gov.ph/?s=travel+clearance&x=0&y=0

Who does not need a DSWD Travel Clearance to leave the Philippines?

• A Filipino minor traveling with either parent, with his or her solo parent or legal guardian;
  • A Filipino minor whose parents are in the Foreign Service
  • A Filipino minor who holds a temporary or permanent resident visa of another country and is rejoining the parents in that country
  • A child holding a foreign passport

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

(site is back up, guess I should of checked before wink.png ) I finally found some info on the travel tax, this is what I was referring to - getting an exemption or reduced fee for your child. (item 14)

http://www.tieza.com.ph/index.php/travel-tax/travel-tax-exemptions

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Congrats on getting your kids' passports! dancin5hr.gif

If the children will be traveling to the US with another person (not the parent/s) OR will be traveling alone (on their own), you'll need to get the DSWD travel clearance for them. (In case you or your husband cannot return to the Philippines to pick them up.)

http://www.dswd.gov.ph/faqs/travel-clearance-for-minors/

You also need to bring original NSO birth certificates of your children coz it is needed during the NVC stage. For the i130 filing at USCIS, photocopies of the NSO BC is acceptable.

Edited by apple21

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.