jenni17

Tourist Visa Applying as a Family

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

Hello All,

My husband and I are helping his family members apply for tourist visas to come to our religious wedding ceremony in April and we have some questions. His cousin has been living with his girlfriend for years and they have a 6 year old daughter together. They are wondering if all three can apply for the tourist visa under one petition or if they will have to apply separately since they aren't legally married. I know the daughter could go onto either her mother or her father's petition, but could all three be on one?

Thanks!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Hello All,

My husband and I are helping his family members apply for tourist visas to come to our religious wedding ceremony in April and we have some questions. His cousin has been living with his girlfriend for years and they have a 6 year old daughter together. They are wondering if all three can apply for the tourist visa under one petition or if they will have to apply separately since they aren't legally married. I know the daughter could go onto either her mother or her father's petition, but could all three be on one?

Thanks!

Each person requires a visa therefore a application. Its not going to be easy for them to get these visas but they can try. This always hinges on the ability to prove they must return.

Timeline

Each person requires a visa therefore a application. Its not going to be easy for them to get these visas but they can try. This always hinges on the ability to prove they must return.

I'm aware that everyone needs their own visa and thus needs to fill out an application. We are also aware that getting a tourist visa is difficult but many of the guests who will be traveling have been successful in obtaining their tourist visa's thus far.

I also know that Family's can have their applications linked. My Husband's sister and mother are applying together, his sister is over 18, they've each filled out their own application but the interview will be together rather than each having to separate a different date and time to go to the embassy. I know that this is possible for his cousin's daughter because a minor cannot apply by herself, so her application will need to be tied to on of her parents. But does anyone know if couples in a domestic partnership can present themselves for the interview together?

Thanks

Timeline

Hello All,

Thanks!

I am not sure what you mean by " petition " as it applies to tourist visas. Maybe this is done differently in Peru.

I would think its difficult for this sudo family to gain entry into the USA on tourist visas so the outcome of this will be informative for many people. Its hard to believe they can just go in and apply as a family to be granted tourist visas.

Timeline

I am not sure what you mean by " petition " as it applies to tourist visas. Maybe this is done differently in Peru.

I would think its difficult for this sudo family to gain entry into the USA on tourist visas so the outcome of this will be informative for many people. Its hard to believe they can just go in and apply as a family to be granted tourist visas.

Correction: By petition I mean application. Families apply for tourist visas all the time. If you want to go on a family trip to disney world the family applies together. A 6 year old child cannot submit her own visa application to the US alone. She has to apply with a parent, this is what I mean by "together" I know husband and wives can present themselves together for the interview. My question is can domestic partners also do this. If you dont know the answer to my question please stop passing judgement as to weather or not they will be denied or granted the visa. That is for the embassy to decide.

Timeline

Correction: By petition I mean application. Families apply for tourist visas all the time. If you want to go on a family trip to disney world the family applies together. A 6 year old child cannot submit her own visa application to the US alone. She has to apply with a parent, this is what I mean by "together" I know husband and wives can present themselves together for the interview. My question is can domestic partners also do this. If you dont know the answer to my question please stop passing judgement as to weather or not they will be denied or granted the visa. That is for the embassy to decide.

If you post in public forum you can expect the public to respond. I will respond as I wish including pointing out that you don't know how to pose the question correctly. Incorrect questions mislead the public therefore the answers.

Thanks for clarifying that 6 year olds cant apply alone. I wouldn't have known that.

No matter what question you ask nor who responds the actual outcome is ALWAYS decided by the embassy. You are asking the public to answer questions that you know can only be decided by the same embassy. Have them all go in after submitting these petitions or applications to be judged by the embassy. That's how it works anyway.

Domestic partners are simply people living together. They remain citizens of another country and will apply as such. You think the embassy has different rules for people that live together?

Timeline

If you post in public forum you can expect the public to respond. I will respond as I wish including pointing out that you don't know how to pose the question correctly. Incorrect questions mislead the public therefore the answers.

Thanks for clarifying that 6 year olds cant apply alone. I wouldn't have known that.

No matter what question you ask nor who responds the actual outcome is ALWAYS decided by the embassy. You are asking the public to answer questions that you know can only be decided by the same embassy. Have them all go in after submitting these petitions or applications to be judged by the embassy. That's how it works anyway.

Domestic partners are simply people living together. They remain citizens of another country and will apply as such. You think the embassy has different rules for people that live together?

All I would like to know is if a domestic partner is eligible to be added as a dependent as a sub application for a tourist visa the same way a child or spouse would be. When you fill out the tourist visa there is an option to "add dependent"

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.