fedo

package at the egyptian embassy now need your help pls

39 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

the package arrived at the American embassy in Cairo. now my quesiton

i need to know please the list as 1,2,3 to prepare the documentations for my fiancee(i am the petitioner) and should i do it now and send it to her ? if any of you dealt with the American embassy in Egypt that would be great thanks

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

This is part of the instruction packet we received. I'm not sure how the pictures will look after I upload them, but these two pages include all the items we needed for our packet.

Edited by visaqueries

ROC

3.6.2017     Mailed I-751

3.7.2017     NOA sent

3.23.2017   Biometrics Appointment

2.26.2018   I-751 Transferred to Local Office

3.5.2018     I-751 Received in Local Office

5.1.2018     Case Transferred; Preliminary Review Done; transferred to NBC in Lee's Summit, MO

5.3.2018     Case Transferred

7.24.2018   Joint interview approved

7.30.2018   Green Card received

Naturalization

3.15.2018   Filed N 400 Online

3.15.2018   USCIS sent the receipt

3.16.2018   USCIS sent biometrics letter

6.14.2018   Interview Notice sent

7.24.2018   Naturalization Interview; approved

9.26.2018   Oath Ceremony Scheduled

Timeline

This is part of the instruction packet we received. I'm not sure how the pictures will look after I upload them, but these two pages include all the items we needed for our packet.

thank you so so much

Timeline

visaqueries do you know how long it take them to send the package and how they send the package regular mail or DHL because you know how the mail in egypt get lost so easy

Timeline

It was sent to him via DHL. I think it only took a few weeks for us to get it. I think I received notification in April, and he received it in May. We returned the packet in August and had our interview in December (all in 2013). We now sit and wait for the results of the interview.

ROC

3.7.2017     NOA sent

5.1.2018     Case Transferred; Preliminary Review Done; transferred to NBC in Lee's Summit, MO

Naturalization

Timeline

visaqueries sorry to bother u again, i saw the requested information from the Egyptian embassy, but i notice

that they did not ask for form ds-160? is true because the state department web side they say you need to fill the form? thank you

Timeline

There's a chance that the required documents list is a little different from my list--if it has been updated since May 2013. That is when we received the list I posted. If someone else, has received a package from the Embassy within the last month, they might be able to answer your question more effectively. We did not submit a ds-160 as it wasn't required when we mailed in our packet. I'm sorry I can not give you a definitive answer.

ROC

3.7.2017     NOA sent

Naturalization

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

~ Moved from K-1 Process to Middle East and North Africa regional forum - topic specific to Egypt ~

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

This is very helpful! My fiance's application is en route to Cairo right now and I'm trying frantically to get the I-134 and supporting documents ready to go!

One question: when should we provide proof of an ongoing relationship? Is it considered bad etiquette to include some of those items with this package of information? We have some "red flags" in our relationship (age difference and my divorce, different religions) and I'd like to provide as much proof as possible BEFORE he shows up at the interview!

Timeline

hi lizziebee ,

how long you divorce before you applied?

are you the female petitioner? or male petitioner?

did you meet his/her family? any party? how you communicate ?

hi lizziebee ,

how long you divorce before you applied?

are you the female petitioner? or male petitioner?

did you meet his/her family? any party? how you communicate ?

* My divorce was final in May 2013 and we got engaged in October 2013. We had been friends since October 2012, at which point I was already legally separated from my husband awaiting a final judgment.

* I am the female petitioner and 12 years older than my fiance

* Yes, I stayed in his family's flat three or four nights when I visited for our engagement and they all adore me and I adore them. I know several of his aunts and uncle and cousins as well and correspond with them regularly on Facebook

* We talk on WhatsApp while he's at work and on Skype for about three hours every day after he is home. Also I call his cell phone almost every day to talk to him while he's working.

* No, we didn't have an engagement party because my fiance is very shy and private and he hates attention! Also, my trip to see him was kind of spontaneous and there wasn't time to plan anything like that. We do have engagement rings that we both wear on our right hands per Egyptian tradition but I think the receipts for the rings have been lost.

* With my first packet of information, I included signed statements affirming that our relationship is real from his uncle who visited me in America to "check things out" and help me understand their culture, from his employer who I saw every day while I was there, and from two more family friends including a high-ranking police officer in Alexandria. I also included photos of me with his family. My parents have both offered to write letters of support to affirm that our relationship is real as well.

Any suggestions?

Timeline

you good , but little advises for you.

he should knows every signal details about you, and i know you both officially engaged but he can expect anything from the CO AT the embassy. as for red flags , you were legal divorced before you were engaged? right ? age difference is not a big of deal . he should keep all the logs , what's up and Skype and etc good prof of ongoing relation good luck , and by the way you should be working on the i-134 and d160 for him. wish you luck !

you good , but little advises for you.

he should knows every signal details about you, and i know you both officially engaged but he can expect anything from the CO AT the embassy. as for red flags , you were legal divorced before you were engaged? right ? age difference is not a big of deal . he should keep all the logs , what's up and Skype and etc good prof of ongoing relation good luck , and by the way you should be working on the i-134 and d160 for him. wish you luck !

Thank you for your encouragement! I recently compiled all of our conversation logs and it was quite a shock!

* WhatsApp (02/2013 until 11/2013) : 496,500 words, 1,275 pages long single spaced

* Facebook: 9,900 words, 87 pages long

* Skype (only the last three months): 267,000 words, 577 pages single spaced, two columns:

That does include our name and the date on every line, so the actual word count on each of those is probably only 25-50% of what is listed, but STILL! If I wanted to print out our conversation logs for the embassy, it would be too heavy to carry. ;)

Timeline

We submitted proof of an ongoing relationship when I sent in the original petition. That is actually what created our interview as the officer had read thoroughly through our emails, Facebook messages, etc...and gleaned enough information to ask some tough questions. Additionally, we sent updates for our proof of ongoing relationship to the Embassy when my fiancé sent his application in. According to my fiancé, it seemed as though the officer had only read information from the original petition.

Lizzie Bee, it seems as though our stories are similar though my fiancé was the previously married one. There were lots of questions about the previous marriage coupled with the timing of our meeting. He didn't say much about our age difference nor our religious differences. My fiancé said the questioning was tough but fair. He said it was very, very personal.

When we talked in the days preceding the interview, I tried to ask tough questions that were not the most comfortable for him to answer. We didn't rehearse answers in any way. I figured he knew what he knew. However, I tried to ask tough questions, so my fiancé could practice thinking on his feet. Sometimes the stress of not knowing what you'll be asked or where the questioning is going, can be the biggest frustration. I just did my best to create that kind of environment for my fiancé, so he could be prepared for those feelings. He didn't really appreciate it until after the interview was over :). Then he realized my toughness was actually good preparation.

ROC

3.7.2017     NOA sent

Naturalization

We submitted proof of an ongoing relationship when I sent in the original petition. That is actually what created our interview as the officer had read thoroughly through our emails, Facebook messages, etc...and gleaned enough information to ask some tough questions. Additionally, we sent updates for our proof of ongoing relationship to the Embassy when my fiancé sent his application in. According to my fiancé, it seemed as though the officer had only read information from the original petition.

Lizzie Bee, it seems as though our stories are similar though my fiancé was the previously married one. There were lots of questions about the previous marriage coupled with the timing of our meeting. He didn't say much about our age difference nor our religious differences. My fiancé said the questioning was tough but fair. He said it was very, very personal.

When we talked in the days preceding the interview, I tried to ask tough questions that were not the most comfortable for him to answer. We didn't rehearse answers in any way. I figured he knew what he knew. However, I tried to ask tough questions, so my fiancé could practice thinking on his feet. Sometimes the stress of not knowing what you'll be asked or where the questioning is going, can be the biggest frustration. I just did my best to create that kind of environment for my fiancé, so he could be prepared for those feelings. He didn't really appreciate it until after the interview was over smile.png. Then he realized my toughness was actually good preparation.

It's just so nice to talk to somebody who can relate to my current stress!! Ha ha :) Can you give me any examples of the types of questions they asked? I've already practiced grilling my fiance once, but you can bet I'll do it again in the coming months as we wait for our interview!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.