Jump to content

Sponsor's information ..?


4 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan


I am US passport holder since I was 8 years old.

I am living in Pakistan since my childhood and last time I have been to US was in 2004. I lived in US in late 90's for 03 years only.

Now, I am married and have a baby girl of 8 months.

I don't have any bank account and tax returns etc. And I am a house wife here in Pk.

Please reply, what should I do to file my case. Like for sponsor and other documents.

Can I show the sponsor who is on green card but didnt have a US passport. Yet. Or he or she should be US Passport holder , also plz reply, tax returns and pay stubs of 03 yrs are. Mandatory or 1 year pay stubs and tax returns are ok??


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Filed: Other Timeline

You being a USC can travel to the US and set up a home

accts etc to be able to receive your child and husband when

you petition them,you will also need a job & likely co-sponsor;

because you did not live in the US 5 yrs prior to giving birth, the

baby will have to get a GC before automatic citizenship via you

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Call Islamabad Embassy !

They won't help.

First you need the petition guide which is here: http://www.visajourney.com/content/i130guide1 This is first. Before you can do anything else, you must submit a petition for both your child and your husband. Read all the instructions with the I-130 VERY VERY carefully.

After that you need to find a joint sponsor unless you want to move to the USA and get a job before petitioning for your family. I doubt that as you are a housewife, so you'll need to find a US citizen or US permanent resident (someone with a green card) who is willing to sign a completed I-864 for both your child and your husband. Their income should come from a US source. The option is to have 3x the assets needed for your family. To find out how much is needed look here: http://www.uscis.gov/i-864p The joint sponsor must make enough to support their family and dependents plus your husband and child.

As a US citizen you need to have done your taxes every year, even if you don't live in the USA. However, if you make under a certain amount you will not be required to pay and sometimes not to file any taxes either. It sounds like you do not work so you would not have been required to file taxes.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
  • Create New...