Mark Collard

just to clarify??

14 posts in this topic

No, once you have the K1 in your passport you MUST use it on your next entry into the USA.

Naturalization

=======================================

02/02/2015 - Filed Dallas lockbox. Atlanta office.

02/13/2015 - NOA received

03/10/2015 - Biometrics

03/12/2015 - In-Line for Interview

04/09/2015 - E-notification for Interview Letter

05/18/2015 - Interview - passed!

It applies to everyone.

Yeah, it applies to anyone. If you have a K1 visa in your passport, regardless of where you are coming from, you MUST use it upon entry into the USA.

Naturalization

03/10/2015 - Biometrics

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Does this apply to Canada as well? Please say no!

SOME Canadian K-1s have reported that they were allowed to cross the border without using the K-1 visa. This is at the officer's discretion and I would never count on it---it would just be a bonus extra.

Mark: I'm wondering if you did not read the replies to this question already?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...508entry58508

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

SOME Canadian K-1s have reported that they were allowed to cross the border without using the K-1 visa. This is at the officer's discretion and I would never count on it---it would just be a bonus extra.

Wouldn't be a good idea to expect this as going to happen though. I remember a post where someone said they were allowed to but the officer took pity on their extreme condition, but it would be a RARE case that this would happen and I certainly wouldn't expect it like I stated just now.

Naturalization

03/10/2015 - Biometrics

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

And they're actually not supposed to do this as the K-1 cancells any admittance via visitor status. Some may have taken pity, but it is not permitted by the INA and if the officer was caught, they could land in a heap of trouble... I would not count on it at all...

If a Canadian was caught entering the US on a BC and a DL after a K visa had been issued and if it was found out while it was attempted or after the fact, it could be seen as gaining entry by making a material misrepresentation. In this case, the K visa would be cancelled and the alien would be inadmissible.

Not worth it IMHO...

Edited by zyggy

Knowledge itself is power - Sir Francis Bacon

I have gone fishing... you can find me by going here http://**removed due to TOS**

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

And they're actually not supposed to do this as the K-1 cancells any admittance via visitor status. Some may have taken pity, but it is not permitted by the INA and if the officer was caught, they could land in a heap of trouble... I would not count on it at all...

If a Canadian was caught entering the US on a BC and a DL after a K visa had been issued and if it was found out while it was attempted or after the fact, it could be seen as gaining entry by making a material misrepresentation. In this case, the K visa would be cancelled and the alien would be inadmissible.

Not worth it IMHO...

Interesting responses :)

Betcha a dollar (Candian) that if I'd posted a negative reply, I'd have had a bushel of 'oh yes you can' posts ;)

Everyone please note that my reply says that *I* would not count on doing this.

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Not worth it IMHO...

Interesting responses :)

Betcha a dollar (Candian) that if I'd posted a negative reply, I'd have had a bushel of 'oh yes you can' posts ;)

Everyone please note that my reply says that *I* would not count on doing this.

Glad that you foind them interesting....Not the way most people would think about it would you...

Yep... that's the problem with people not seeing things the CBP way... it's not always what you would expect...

Knowledge itself is power - Sir Francis Bacon

I have gone fishing... you can find me by going here http://**removed due to TOS**

Filed: Timeline

yeh i did they were great thnx. i was just confused

it seems a bit harsh, what about making wedding plans and arranging the venue and such. i mean they make u wait so long without knowing if and when it can happen so you cant plan to much. then when u can go ahead you arent allowed to enter unless its for the actual big day

journey.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

it seems a bit harsh, what about making wedding plans and arranging the venue and such. i mean they make u wait so long without knowing if and when it can happen so you cant plan to much. then when u can go ahead you arent allowed to enter unless its for the actual big day

You're allowed to enter whenever you want, you just can't leave. ;) You have 6 months after the visa is issued to actually use it, and then 90 days to get married.

I entered the US on Nov 1/04, and was married 6 days later. We planned and arranged a great wedding (full blown religious ceremony) -- and I only got to see the wedding/reception site 45 minutes before we got married! Having a very helpful fiance (and his mom and sister helped a lot as well) and using the internet was awesome.

We had everything planned and decided and ready so as soon as we knew a date, we had everything ready to go. Jerry also talked to the photographer/videographer and the wedding/reception site about our situation, and they were willing to be more flexible as far as booking dates were concerned.

Or, many people have had a simple civil ceremony, with a more formal ceremony with all the trimmings later. That might be another alternative for you, may save you a lot of stress. :) Do what makes you happy. :)

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Well you can come in 90 days before, or, you have 90 days from entry to get married. So if you feel comfortable making wedding plans in 3 months then you can do that.

Naturalization

03/10/2015 - Biometrics

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.