chipsahoy

Help us as we started our journey.. :) Thanks

14 posts in this topic

I am more than thankful that I've already found the man I will goin to spend the rest of my life with.. We are totally two different people who wanted to become one physically and legally soon. Without us knowing that processing K-1 visa is real confusing and tiring.

We have lots of question and we really do pray that reliable people from here will help us. We wanted to work with this carefully and pray that we will not mess up. And thank you soo much in advance. My queries are:

1. About the downloadble forms online. They have indicated there that its only valid until Dec 31, 2006. Since the year is almost ending, do we have to wait until 2007 to have it filled and submitted? If so, would they release an updated forms early January? Right now, what we are doing is filling-up forms and gathering needed documents.

2. In I-129F question No. 14 Part B, (my fiance is an US Army) knowing that US military can be station in different places and he (my fiance) told me that he really dunno where and when he will move to another place to be stationed.. Whats the best thing to put on that field?

2. Is my fiance goin to enclosed the payment with the K-1 application to send at Nebraska Service Center? He is from Colorado, by the way.

You were never a mistake. You were my realization.

Filed: IR-2 Country: Philippines
Timeline
I am more than thankful that I've already found the man I will goin to spend the rest of my life with.. We are totally two different people who wanted to become one physically and legally soon. Without us knowing that processing K-1 visa is real confusing and tiring.

We have lots of question and we really do pray that reliable people from here will help us. We wanted to work with this carefully and pray that we will not mess up. And thank you soo much in advance. My queries are:

1. About the downloadble forms online. They have indicated there that its only valid until Dec 31, 2006. Since the year is almost ending, do we have to wait until 2007 to have it filled and submitted? If so, would they release an updated forms early January? Right now, what we are doing is filling-up forms and gathering needed documents.

2. In I-129F question No. 14 Part B, (my fiance is an US Army) knowing that US military can be station in different places and he (my fiance) told me that he really dunno where and when he will move to another place to be stationed.. Whats the best thing to put on that field?

2. Is my fiance goin to enclosed the payment with the K-1 application to send at Nebraska Service Center? He is from Colorado, by the way.

Hi anthony julie,

You may also want to signed up in the world of filipinas. Im sure more of us here/still in the philippines would help you with your immigration process.

http://www.theworldoffilipinas.com/forum/index.php

My Daugther's IR2 Visa Timeline

October 03 -2011- Sent the Application for I-130 Package

October 07 -Receieved USCIS acceptance of Application by e-mail

October 12 -Received Notice of Action by Mail

April 27, 2012 -Finally Petition is approved!

May 03, 2012 -Received NOA 2 in the mail

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

The form is still valid until they issue an update. This may or may not occur in the near term. File the form when you are ready do not let the date on the form dictate what you want to do.

Don't overly concern yourself with this. If he is currently stationed in the US then simply put that address. If it changes in the future it changes.

Nebraska

YMMV

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

1. That is the date that USCIS has to make suggest any changes to the form to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB), not when the form will no longer be accepted, it is not the expiration date of the form just the date that suggestion period expires.

USCIS will continue using that form until they decide to make changes.

See the date at the top of form I-864 for example, it expired 11/01/06, they are still using that.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Don't worry about the form stopping you, even on the uscis website you will notice in many cased they will mention dated version of certain forms are still valid

Good luck

Ingat

Gone but not Forgotten!

1. That is the date that USCIS has to make suggest any changes to the form to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB), not when the form will no longer be accepted, it is not the expiration date of the form just the date that suggestion period expires.

That is what we are bothered.. They might reject the application because of that expiry thingy..

@ Fwagay :: Is he going to enclose the $170 to the I-129 application?

@ Jshaft :: Thanks for the link.. I signed-up.. :)

Thanks Nikita :)

Ok.. Thanks everyone :)

He is not stationed overseas right now.. He's currently in USA but maybe they will request him to go to another place anytime soon mid next year.. He told me just to use the address he is using right now and just have it change if he already move. Is doing that can delay of our application?

Plus, does he need to have notarized the documents enclosed in the "Cover Letter" e.g. Birth certificate, Letter certifying intent to marry, ertc.? Thank you..

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Ok.. Thanks everyone :)

He is not stationed overseas right now.. He's currently in USA but maybe they will request him to go to another place anytime soon mid next year.. He told me just to use the address he is using right now and just have it change if he already move. Is doing that can delay of our application?

Plus, does he need to have notarized the documents enclosed in the "Cover Letter" e.g. Birth certificate, Letter certifying intent to marry, ertc.? Thank you..

I a aware of no need for notarized documents with the initial petition submission.

Yes he will include the fee when the petition is mailed.

As for an address, use one that he can receive mail at for the entire process if possible so you do not have to try to change it. Possibly a parent?

YMMV

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi Julie,

just use the address where is he currently residing at.. and your fiance doesnt need to notarize the documents included in the Cover Letter, he just need to sign and date it, that's all. We did the same thing, and we're goin to mail our application tomorrow, we also used that I-129F form that says it'll expire this 30th, which some reliable people here said, it'll be fine, so no worries here. ^_^

goodluck on your journey!

11-12-2008 Sent AOS, EAD, AP via USPS

11-13-2008 USCIS received the papers @ 3pm!

11-20-2008 3 NOAs

11-24-2008 check cashed

01-05-2009 Recieved Biometrics Letter on mail

01-12-2009 AP approved! / EAD touched

01-29-2009 Biometrics Done

01-30-2009 AOS Touched

03-09-2009 EAD Card Production ordered

04-07-2009 Interview

06-23-2009 Re-scheduled interview.. approved!

when will I file I-751?

fwaguy:

I a aware of no need for notarized documents with the initial petition submission.

So the only documents we need to notarized is the Affidavit of Support?

Hi Dave & Evan :: Thank you for that entry, big help.. :) Ours will be send early on January. Do you have YM?!

Another concern, since my baby is in military and he doesnt have nuff time to fill up forms online (and I understand where he is coming from) so I do all these stuffs but there are some questions the I dont even know what to put.. Can I simply just print it out and send it to him blankly and have him sign it handwrittenly?

Would they do accept that?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

:thumbs: Relax ......it's a long journey and take it a step at a time ......and of course ask questions .........my sweetie is hear now and it seemed to take forever and now I look back and the time seems so short ...............and of course ......WELCOME :dance:

Just thinking ..........

Can you two get a military expidite ???????

Edited by TooBig

Mailed I-175 .........6-23-09

Rec.NOA I-175C ..... 7-7-09

Rec. I-175 NOA .......7-24-09 Biometrics

Biometrics appt. ......8-13-09 a.m.

Permant Resident Letter 11-04-09

10 year Green card ....... 11-13-09

Sending N-400 May 23 2010

Sent N-400 9-24-2010

10-04-2010 text message saying N-400 was accepted

Biometrics .............. 11-16-2010

Interview ...................01-14-2010

Interview passed ...................

Oath Ceremony ....................MARCH 2, 2011

Mother In Law

UPS'D I-130 ................................ 4-21-2011

Text stating received .................. 4-26-2011

I130 approved .............................. 7-11-2011

AOS Processing Fee ................. 7-18-2011

Choice of agent Paperwork ...... 7-18-2011

The wait 11-23-2011

Medical 2-16-2012

Visa Interview 3-06-2012

Arrived at O Hare 5-14-2012

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.