Devoted59

Lost LPR Card !

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My wife is about to file her N400 and we can't find her card ! We have her approal letter for ROC and the envelope the card came in and the paper the card was attached to.She also has her expired card from before ROC. Can she still file the N400 with a copy of her expired card ? Will she have to have a replacement card befor biometrics and interview ?

My wife is about to file her N400 and we can't find her card ! We have her approal letter for ROC and the envelope the card came in and the paper the card was attached to.She also has her expired card from before ROC. Can she still file the N400 with a copy of her expired card ? Will she have to have a replacement card befor biometrics and interview ?

Did you happen to make a copy of her current 10 year GC? If so, use that. If not, then you can file for a replacement card and once you have that file for naturalization. You could try to file using the old card and hope they will accept the application and then you receive the new GC before the interview. Since she has an expired conditional GC there is no way for them when looking at the card to determine if she removed her conditions or not and therefore, whether she is eligible for naturalization. Think of it this way. You mail off the application and the person who gets it at the PO Box has a form they check off for completeness. Check with right payee and amount. Application form properly signed. Copy of 10 year GC front and back--no reject application. They receive way too many applications to do more than a cursory check before placing it into the cue for actual processing.

Spend the time and money to get the new GC and then file for naturalization. When you receive the new card make a scanned copy of the front and back and keep that file in several safe locations.

Good luck,

Dave

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

You must either enclose a copy of her CURRENT green card or the NOA1 from filing to have the card replaced. So if you don't have a copy you will have to file a police report then pay the fee to file for a replacement green card. Have her check all her purses 1st.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Timeline

What about sending a copy of the approval letter for the card and a xopy of the paper that came with the card that has the numbers and barcodes ?

Timeline

No that is not allowed per the instructions it is either a copy of current green card or the noa from the I90 to replace a lost damaged or stolen card. You are going to have to fork out the fee to replace it.

Timeline

Thank you for the replies .We will file the I90. If I am correct there will be a biometric for both the I90 and the N400 ? I can send a copy of the NOA from the I90 in the N400 application .Can i use that for the N400 biometric or what do I do if my new card doesnt arrive in time?

Timeline

Supposedly you could go to the interview without the card , they would cancel it because you can't have a green card if you are a citizen. You probably would get the new card , it is usually 3-4 months. ( We hard to get 3 different 10 year cards because of USCIS errors and they were pretty consistent in that timeline )

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.