musg

i 130 approved i 485 pending after interview any help?

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Cameroon
Timeline

hi everyone!

i came to the USA as a visitor, met my wife thesame month and we got married a month after . i filed for AOS 4 months after our wedding, did biometrics and received EAD/Advanced parole. we went for interview may 2013 and the IO asked us to mail him our house lease, that was done. i received a letter on dec 02 for a fraud interview on dec 17. meanwhile during the waiting time i had been arrested for driving with a learners permit and the case was dispose because i was issued a real drivers licence the next day after the arrest. i wasn't too concern about the AOS stuff because i had picked up a well paid and challenging job and had left all the process to my lawyer. we went for the second interview with updated documentation and more evidence . we got seperated and asked thesame questions to compare the consistencies of our answers, the interview officer was amazed because our answers were 100% perfect on both sides. the interview officer approved the i 130 and said since i had been arrested i need to mail him the original certified disposition from the court (i had just the photocopy at the interview). he then called the biometrics center to have my biometrics re-done thesame day, he explained that i need a new biometrics since they took my fingerprints at the arrest. i did the biometrics after the interview and i also mail the original certified court disposition to the IO.

i don't know how long am i suppose to wait for my i485 to be approved? any help?

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from Family-based AOS to WST-based AOS Progress Forum~

~AOS from visitor visa~

Edited by A&B

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

hmm, I don't know about your case, but I am curious about how you got arrested with a learner permit??

F1 student

06-2013 - Got married to USC

08-2013 - Preparing all documents

10-2013 - Preparing all documents

10-22-2013 - Sent out application package (I-130,I-485, I-765, I-131) with USPS priority express guarantee delivery on 10-24 ( Thursday) by noon

10-28-2013 - Got email/text notification for all four applications (I-130,I-485, I-765, I-131)

11-04-2013 - Received Biometric appointment notice for I-485 and I-765 on 11-18-2013

11-18-2013 - Done Biometric appointment

11-27-2013 - I-485 Status changed to Interview and Testing

12-19-2013 - I-765 online status changed to Card/Doc. Production, I-131 Approved, status change to Post Decision

12-24-2013 - I-765 online status changed to Card Mailed. without tracking number.

12-27-2013 - Received EAD/AP combo card in mail

03-26-2014 - Email/Text Notification Interview Date scheduled on April 29.

04-29-2014 - Interview at Salt Lake office, 15 min, Approved.

04-29-2014 - Status changed to Card Production/Decision

05-02-2014 - Status changed to Card Mailed and will arrive on May 5th.

05-03-2014 - Received Green Card in mail earlier than scheduled.

05-06-2014 - Received Approval Notice letters for both I-130 and I-485

03-12-2016 - Sent out I-751 remove condition

04-07-2016 - I-751 Biometric appointment

11-14-2016 - I-751 Request for Evidence

01-26-2017 - I-751 Sent out respond for RFE

02-07-2017 - USCIS Ordered the New Card

02-10-2017 - New card was mailed

02-14-2017 - New card arrived in mail

Filed: Country: Cameroon
Timeline

yea i got pulled over for a brake light that wasn't functioning and the cop realised that i had a learners permit instead of a real permit, he said i was supposed to be driving with somebody but i was driving alone. i had scheduled a test for the real licence a day after my arrest, it was just misfortune. but the case was dismissed because they found out that i have a real drivers licence. i don't think its a major crime that's gonna deter my i 485 approval.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.