Packet 3 London embassy. What forms will need to be filled?

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

What forms do I have to fill out for the packet 3? I have looked online and it keeps telling me different things.

NOA1 - APRIL 19th

RFE - SEPTEMBER 3rd

RFE REPLY - SEPTEMBER 11th

NOA2 - DECEMBER 20th 'approved'

NVC RECEIVED - JANUARY 9th

MEDICAL - JANUARY 24th

NVC LEFT - FEBRUARY 3rd

EMBASSY RECEIVED - FEBRUARY 7th

DS-160 and NOAR - FEBRUARY 7th

PACKET 4 - FEBRUARY 25th

INTERVIEW - MARCH 10th 'approved'

VISA ISSUED - MARCH 12th

VISA IN HAND - MARCH 17th

P.O.E (LAS VEGAS) - MARCH 18th

uk_usa_flag-full.jpg

1) We have a forum for the UK where we have all this kind of information. Look down. Asking up here may give you inaccurate answers.

2) As for forms you need to fill out? There are two:

2a) https://ceac.state.gov/GenNIV/Default.aspx <-- DS-160. You need to print the confirmation page of this off at the end (the one with the barcode)

2b) http://london.usembassy.gov/iv/notification_of_applicant_readiness_form.html <-- DS-2001. You need to fill this one out after completing DS-160 and once you have everything else completed (So Medical, and you have your Birth Cert + copy, Police Cert + copy, I-134 and Evidence and anything else you require as per your situation).

3) Once you've done that, begin ringing the Department of State once a week to see if your interview's assigned. London is sketchy with interview letters at the moment and we are seeing a lot of people get their letters late or even after the interview was due to take place.

"What's yours is mine!"

What forms do I have to fill out for the packet 3? I have looked online and it keeps telling me different things.

London changed a lot of times since summer. When the embassy is ready for you they contact you by letter. Your instructions are here along with many links in the left and right column, so don't depend on a phone and mobile app. Use a PC. http://london.usembassy.gov/iv_15.html

Submit DS-160 online. Link in right column.

Book a medical appointment. There is a link all about it in the left column under Medical.

Gather all your documents for interview. Link in Step Two middle column. Read all the details that link off the list page

When you have done all the above, submit the Readiness for Interview form, which is well hidden in the right column where it talks about the DS-2001 (name of former paper form). You have to click "read more" to get to that page.

Edit: Wheatley was posting while I was typing. Great answer.

Edited by Nich-Nick

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Timeline

London changed a lot of times since summer. When the embassy is ready for you they contact you by letter. Your instructions are here along with many links in the left and right column, so don't depend on a phone and mobile app. Use a PC. http://london.usembassy.gov/iv_15.html

Book a medical appointment. There is a link all about it in the left column under Medical.

Gather all your documents for interview. Link in Step Two middle column. Read all the details that link off the list page

When you have done all the above, submit the Readiness for Interview form, which is well hidden in the right column where it talks about the DS-2001 (name of former paper form). You have to click "read more" to get to that page.

1) We have a forum for the UK where we have all this kind of information. Look down. Asking up here may give you inaccurate answers.

2) As for forms you need to fill out? There are two:

2a) https://ceac.state.gov/GenNIV/Default.aspx <-- DS-160. You need to print the confirmation page of this off at the end (the one with the barcode)

2b) http://london.usembassy.gov/iv/notification_of_applicant_readiness_form.html <-- DS-2001. You need to fill this one out after completing DS-160 and once you have everything else completed (So Medical, and you have your Birth Cert + copy, Police Cert + copy, I-134 and Evidence and anything else you require as per your situation).

3) Once you've done that, begin ringing the Department of State once a week to see if your interview's assigned. London is sketchy with interview letters at the moment and we are seeing a lot of people get their letters late or even after the interview was due to take place.

Ok thank you both so much. So best thing for me to do is wait until I receive a letter from London embassy? I thought I could do the medical before that once I get the number from the NVC?

NOA1 - APRIL 19th

RFE - SEPTEMBER 3rd

MEDICAL - JANUARY 24th

NVC LEFT - FEBRUARY 3rd

PACKET 4 - FEBRUARY 25th

VISA ISSUED - MARCH 12th

uk_usa_flag-full.jpg

Ok thank you both so much. So best thing for me to do is wait until I receive a letter from London embassy? I thought I could do the medical before that once I get the number from the NVC?

You can indeed do this, but if the receptionist at Knightsbridge asks whether you've got your letter from the embassy yet, you need to lie and say you have it else they won't make the appointment. You also need to make sure you have your Police Certificate for this as they will ask for it (mainly to look for certain kinds of offences e.g. drugs/alcohol). They'll tell you everything you need on the phone.

"What's yours is mine!"

Timeline

You can indeed do this, but if the receptionist at Knightsbridge asks whether you've got your letter from the embassy yet, you need to lie and say you have it else they won't make the appointment. You also need to make sure you have your Police Certificate for this as they will ask for it (mainly to look for certain kinds of offences e.g. drugs/alcohol). They'll tell you everything you need on the phone.

Yea I would rather not lie at all during this whole process even a little one just in case. I got my police cert in September so that's all sorted .

NOA1 - APRIL 19th

RFE - SEPTEMBER 3rd

MEDICAL - JANUARY 24th

NVC LEFT - FEBRUARY 3rd

PACKET 4 - FEBRUARY 25th

VISA ISSUED - MARCH 12th

uk_usa_flag-full.jpg

Yea I would rather not lie at all during this whole process even a little one just in case. I got my police cert in September so that's all sorted .

There's a second reason you should wait until you have the letter. It means London are aware of you - so when they get the medical results, they can add them to your file. If you go too quickly you run the risk of the medical results not getting put in your file (basically London gets a set of results with no matching case file and go "Huh?") and then that can wreak havoc.

So, yeah. Always best to wait until you have Packet 3 in hand just to play it safe.

"What's yours is mine!"

Timeline

There's a second reason you should wait until you have the letter. It means London are aware of you - so when they get the medical results, they can add them to your file. If you go too quickly you run the risk of the medical results not getting put in your file (basically London gets a set of results with no matching case file and go "Huh?") and then that can wreak havoc.

So, yeah. Always best to wait until you have Packet 3 in hand just to play it safe.

What does my fiancée need to include with the affidavit of support? It says most recent tax return and a wage statement. Is that all they want?

NOA1 - APRIL 19th

RFE - SEPTEMBER 3rd

MEDICAL - JANUARY 24th

NVC LEFT - FEBRUARY 3rd

PACKET 4 - FEBRUARY 25th

VISA ISSUED - MARCH 12th

uk_usa_flag-full.jpg

I took Amy's last three IRS transcripts and a letter from her employer detailing when she started working for them, her job title and her gross wages per year. They took the employer letter from me and weren't too worried about the IRS transcripts.

"What's yours is mine!"

London will accept most anything that proves income. A tax return is not required for an I-134, only an I-864. They will approve on one piece of evidence but I always suggest what the old packet 3 (an actual packet of paper instructions) used to say--"Bring TWO of the following..." then they listed tax, letter, bank statements and the usual you read all the time. Absolutely no need to prove income five different ways to London.

You can book your medical for a few weeks out, allowing time for your case to arrive and get set up in London. If all is normal, it should be in and out of NVC in 3 days. But the hold up is sometimes the Service Centers getting the file to NVC.

Once your case gets to NVC, you can call and ask your LND case number. (I gotta say here that is not required, because they will notify you. It is VJ lore that everybody MUST call NVC. Only if you can't stand waiting for the notification). Then you may enter that new case number here https://ceac.state.gov/ceacstattracker/status.aspx and roughly check status. I think it's a bit like USCIS status check...not specific and not reliable. But it gives people something to do and speculate over. :P

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.