Simkaur1989

I 130 petition for spouse

9 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hello

I wanna discuss about the processing time ..actually on 18 December I checked my case status and it was showing my petition is in local office for further processing ..today I checked and it's showing my petition is in Uscis office..

What does this mean???

In how much time will I receive my approval????

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from Introducing our Members to IR1/CR1 Progress Forum~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Timeline

Hello

I wanna discuss about the processing time ..actually on 18 December I checked my case status and it was showing my petition is in local office for further processing ..today I checked and it's showing my petition is in Uscis office..

What does this mean???

Time for approval depends on the service center to where your application is transferred. When you receive the transfer notice in post, you will know the service center. Mine is pending at Nebraska Service Center from Dec.4.

California processes fastest whereas Texas and Nebraska are slow.

Good luck!

Filed: IR-5 Country: India
Timeline

Hello

What does this mean???

Share your timeline so that people can give you better answers.

Timeline

Thanks everyone for giving me such suggestions.

Actually I read Many messages here who received same msg like me on that day .before mine some people received those emails on 9 December and got approval on 16 December ...some of them were from NSC too

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

Congratulations SimKaur!

Your petition has been transferred to the California Service Center (please update your time line and add today's date on it) in Laguna Niguel, California for the last stage of processing with the Department of Homeland Security-USCIS.

It took exactly 7 months to transfer from NBC (where your petition was received) to be transferred to the desk of a USCIS adjudicator who will review your complete file and make a decision.

In the next 60-90 days, you will hear about a final "yes"/"no" on your petition.

Then it will get sent to NVC in another 4 weeks and they will handle the processing of the application with the Department of State.

They will ask for more documents to be sent to Portsmouth, NH and from there on your case will go to Delhi for the granting of a single-entry visa for landing in America. Because the granting of the visa is where the actual interview about the bona fide nature of your marriage will take place, please be prepared to present as much as evidence at the interview in Delhi.

Based on what I have been told by people who frequent this forum, it is a VERY GOOD IDEA to ask your spouse to fly in from America to go to that Delhi interview with you.

Please consult an immigration attorney - or - follow the guidelines below for the processing of the petition at NVC:

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/LingChe_NVC_ShortCut

Edited by aditya3245

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.