6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I am wondering if i need to do the I-764 form.. The step by step guide is saying it's optional.. what are the benefits of doing this form.. I don't want to the additional money if it's not needed.. Also does anyone have a copy of the I-131 form or letter?

Please help..

Do you mean I 765 application for employment authorisation if so then file it and an I 131 advance parole at the same time as your I 485 AoS form and it does not cost anything more. It means you should get permission to work in 60-90 days rather than wait for the green card.

I cant find an I 764 but if there is one then sorry for wasting your time.

All forms are available on the USCIS website at http://www.uscis.gov/forms.

not sure what letter you mean

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status | Form Fee: $985. (Add $85 biometric fee for a total of $1070, where applicable. See the form instructions for payment details.) You must make your check payable to Department of Homeland Security.

You still got to pay that $1070 regardless if you file I-131 or I-765 if you think you going to save money no you will not. Your husband will not be able to work for almost a year so its better to get that work permit which he will get in 90 days and get that travel document. Be safe rather than sorry in the long wrong. Its some good advice coming from the board so take it for what its worth.

Keep it Real

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

No additional cost if concurrently filed with I-485. Due to the recent protracted AOS processing times, many folks now wish that they had sent in the EAD/AP apps before, as that they now want to work or travel. Check recent threads.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.