6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hi all i was wondering if there is a number to call to check on the status of my fiance visa, he had his interview on Feb 7th, and we have still not heard from casa,is there a number to call to see if it is finished yet or not, he is really getting depressed with all this waiting, any help would be appreciated

karen2705 :help:

july 8th 2005- recives k1

july 13th 2005 noa1

oct 8 day 92 still waiting

oct 12,2005 touched after 96 days waiting

0ct13,2005 touched again wow

oct 17,2005 RFE in email

OCT 27,2005 sent RFE response back

Dec 12,2005 NOA2 in snail mail

Dec 29, 2005

Jan 16 2006 packet 3 recieved by my love

feburary 7th 2006 interview in casablanca

Feb 7th,2006 interview went well 221(g) said they will call him next week to get the visa, thank godddd

DEC 15 2006 STILL WAITING CANADIAN CLEARANCE

FEB 2007 TURNED IN ALL PAPERWORK TO CASA

MARCH 5 2007 PUT INTO AP AGAIN

MARCH 19 2007 CALL FROM CASA TO BRING IN PASSPORT

MARCH 21 2007 VISA IN HAND

MARCH 27 2007 FLIGHT TO CALIFORNIA

MAY 12,2007 MARRIED

AOS BEGINS

MAY 22,2007 MEDICAL EXAM AGAIN/ VACCANATIONS

JUNE 25,2007 MAILED AOS PACKET

JULY 3,2007 PACKET RECIEVED BY USCIS

JULY 11,2007 RECIEVED NOA 1 FOR EAD

JULY 14 RECIEVED NOA 1 FOR AOS

JULY 16,2007 CHECKS CASED FOR AOS AND EAD

AUG 3,2007 BIOMETRICS APT FOR AOS AND EAD

SEPT 28,2007 AOS INTERVIEW 8:30 AM

SEPT 28,2007 AOS INTERVIEW WENT WELL APPROVED IN 15 MIN SHOULD GET GREEN IN ABOUT 3 WEEK

OCT 5 2007 RECIEVED GREEN CARD

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Don't know of any number to call. During AR, I emailed the embassy every week, pestering them to know when we could start planning our wedding :P I never got any useful information from them, but I made them remember we were waiting.

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Karen,

All you can do is email or call the embassy for an update. We also got a 221(g) for administrative processing. It said to not contact them until the 45 days that was not counting holidays and weekends. We tried beforehand and were told to wait our 45 days had not finished. Well now we have went past that time and we were told we are still processing. It is not much comfort but I call DOS (Department of State) weekly and they can tell you if any updates are made on your case. Just tell your fiancee to try and be patient. It is not easy and we are dealing with it as one day at a time. Here is the information for DOS. Good luck and will be thinking of you both during this stressful time.

Mary

DOS Information

1 (202) 663-1225

Press 1

Press 1

Press 4

Press 1

Press 0

When the operator answers they ask for the case number, name of applicant and DOB. Make sure to have on hand when you call.

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

thank you so much mary and rahma, we are tryiing so hard to be patient, i tell him it will be soon ,he just dont understand since they lied to him and said we will call you in a week lol, again thank you for the help karen2705

july 8th 2005- recives k1

july 13th 2005 noa1

oct 8 day 92 still waiting

oct 12,2005 touched after 96 days waiting

0ct13,2005 touched again wow

oct 17,2005 RFE in email

OCT 27,2005 sent RFE response back

Dec 12,2005 NOA2 in snail mail

Dec 29, 2005

Jan 16 2006 packet 3 recieved by my love

feburary 7th 2006 interview in casablanca

Feb 7th,2006 interview went well 221(g) said they will call him next week to get the visa, thank godddd

DEC 15 2006 STILL WAITING CANADIAN CLEARANCE

FEB 2007 TURNED IN ALL PAPERWORK TO CASA

MARCH 5 2007 PUT INTO AP AGAIN

MARCH 19 2007 CALL FROM CASA TO BRING IN PASSPORT

MARCH 21 2007 VISA IN HAND

MARCH 27 2007 FLIGHT TO CALIFORNIA

MAY 12,2007 MARRIED

AOS BEGINS

MAY 22,2007 MEDICAL EXAM AGAIN/ VACCANATIONS

JUNE 25,2007 MAILED AOS PACKET

JULY 3,2007 PACKET RECIEVED BY USCIS

JULY 11,2007 RECIEVED NOA 1 FOR EAD

JULY 14 RECIEVED NOA 1 FOR AOS

JULY 16,2007 CHECKS CASED FOR AOS AND EAD

AUG 3,2007 BIOMETRICS APT FOR AOS AND EAD

SEPT 28,2007 AOS INTERVIEW 8:30 AM

SEPT 28,2007 AOS INTERVIEW WENT WELL APPROVED IN 15 MIN SHOULD GET GREEN IN ABOUT 3 WEEK

OCT 5 2007 RECIEVED GREEN CARD

Exactly what Mary said. Some of the operators are nicer and give more info than others (the best is Raquel; if I recall Barbara was nice too). If you get someone who seems mean or clueless, try again the next day, you may get more info that way. It won't speed your case, but at least it's *something*

Sharon

*edited to add* As you can see from my timeline, we waited 5 weeks after the interview for the visa... it was definitely the most painful part of the process, but the good news is I haven't seen anyone on here not eventually get their visa when waiting for administrative processing

Edited by kerewin21

Inlovingmemory-2.gif

October 13, 2005: VISA IN HAND!!!

November 15, 2005 - Arrival at JFK!!!

January 28, 2006 - WEDDING!!!

February 27, 2006 - Sent in AOS

June 23, 2006 - AP approved

June 29, 2006 - EAD approved

June 29, 2006 - Transferred to CSC

October 2006 - 2 year green card received!

July 15, 2008 - Sent in I-751

July 22, 2008 - I-751 NOA

Filed: Timeline

hey Karen.. let me add this

.< this will be complexed >

is your case pending at the embassy? or DOS.

if the embassy still has NOT sent the recommendation to DOS its proble tied up at the embassy under going Local security checks such as interpol.

once the embassy gets everything back cleared. the next step is for the embassy to have a " visa review meeting " this meeting normally takes place the END of every month. at the meeting all AR cases will be decided for recommendation. if approved recommendation then it goes to DOS. DOS will receive a cable.

once at DOS. this is when you can actully find out how many security checks are ordered. how many is cleared- when they cleared and also when case is compleated the security checks . then when all clear. the

DOS also has a " visa review meeting" this is also done the end of every month . once they agree wit hthe embassy recommendation.

they send the all clear to the embassy as case compleated. < this took 2 months > for mine to get sent back to the embassy.

once back at the embassy the embassy will issue the visa. IF they want to :(

if you have more questions PM me .. I will further clairify.

at this stage I recommend this..

call the embassy every month at least once ask.

" is there movement on the case" most of the time you will get a NO response or under ADMIN review. but, at some point they will tell you YES.

shon.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.