David and Sinthea

Medical exam, Ciudad Juarez (and other questions)

19 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Yeah, this was for a K-1 medical and they will skip the vaccinations. Medical results are picked up later the same day.

It is ridiculous. Your vaccination records should have been used to see which vaccinations were already given so none had to be repeated. Also, varicella should not have even been given if he already had the chickenpox. Sounds like they just wanted to gouge you for as much cash as possible.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

See my Juarez Consulate review for more info. We stayed at La Quinta which was a great hotel and a good price. they would drive you anywhere you want. But the shuttle service ended around 6 or 7 at night so we had to get a cab back from the shopping mall/movie theatre area a couple of nights. They also have transportation back to the airport 2-3 times per day. There is a Holiday Inn Express that I saw near the consulate. No doubt you could walk to everything (consulate, mall, etc) from that hotel. We were wishing we had stayed there just so we wouldn't have needed the shuttle service.

My wife was pleased with the gray colored medical clinic (can't remember the name). The brown clinic on the corner was full by the time we arrived there. I think since it's the first clinic that you see, that everyone just goes there first. But the gray clinic just up the street still had openings and was nearly empty. We had a good experience there other than the cost for the immunizations.....ouch! We also had a Monday interview like you guys and did the medical on Friday. Friday is not very busy at the clinic. Did the medical friday morning and picked up the results at 2:00. No problems.

Good luck!

Hello,

do you mind sharing what type of vaccines were required for your wife? I am filing CR1 as you guys are, and I need to know what vaccines are needed for this type of visa.

dancin5hr.gif Luis & Dulce Hdez
USCIS
NOA1 7/24/13
NOA2 12/17/13

NVC
12-30-13 NVC Received case
1-24-14 Received a Case Number and IIN
1-29-14 Filled DS 261
1-30-14 Paid AOS Bill (I-864)
2-5-14 requested expedite (pending)
2-6-14 Filled & sent I-864
2-7-14 NVC Received I-864 (dock)
2-10-14 NVC received I-864 (office)
2-12-14 Choice of Agent Approved-email ( DS-261)
2-13-14 IV Invoice available and Paid
2-18-14 DS 260 Filled and sent Supporting Docs.
2-19-14 NVC received IV Docs
3-4-14 Checklist AOS
3-5-14 Responded Checklist AOS
3-10-14 NVC received & logged AOS checklist
3-13-14 DS 260 and IV Packet Approved
3-13-14 Received False checklist for AOS
3-22-2014 Case Completed!!

Embassy CDJ

5-5-2014 Medical exma

5-6-2014 Biometrics
5-7-2014 Interview date

5-9-2014 Entry USA

I-751 (Removal of Conditions Timeline)

04/27//2016 Mailed I-751 Package to CSC via USPS with tracking number and receipt for delivery.

05/06/2016 Package rejected due to Mistake on Personal check.

05/09/2016 Mailed Package for next day delivery.

05/10/2016 USCIS received I-751 package with new personal check.

__/__/2016 NOA date

__/__ /2016 Biometrics

__/__/2016 Approved

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hello, The three shots Laura had were TDAP, MMR(measles,mumps,rubella, and Varicella even though she had had chicken pox before (but of course had no proof so had to take it any way). The Varicella shot was very painful and it hurt for 2 days and gave her fever the first day. She had chicken pox as a kid, but how do you prove that? if it's not on your shot record, you have to take it as far as I know. basically a money thing in my opinion. For more, you can read my Juarez consulate review from July 9th. ANy other specific questions feel free to ask also.

Filed: Other Country: Mexico
Timeline

Yeah, this was for a K-1 medical and they will skip the vaccinations. Medical results are picked up later the same day.

It is ridiculous. Your vaccination records should have been used to see which vaccinations were already given so none had to be repeated. Also, varicella should not have even been given if he already had the chickenpox. Sounds like they just wanted to gouge you for as much cash as possible.

I totally agree, not only did he have chicken pox, he had gotten the varicella vaccine at the SAME clinic from the SAME doctor exactly a year before and brought and showed the ORIGINAL physician signed document they gave back to him the last time. If you showed up to your doctor with his/her own records showing you got something already do you think he/she would find it medically necessary to do the same thing all over? I have no idea who regulates these clinics, but this one is approved and recommended by the consulate (there are only 2 on their list for Juarez). It somehow doesn't seem safe to me to inject people constantly for things they don't need but maybe that's just me. I doubt they care about complaints or malpractice. Juarez is a big scam, but it's something you just have to deal with unfortunately.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.