7 posts in this topic

Hello all, My fiance just received an email from Jennifer Gacusan <assist_gacusan@yahoo.com>. this person claims to work for ASSIST.....and claims that they can help her 221G for $207. What is this all about? anybody know? I think its spam but i would have no clue as to how these people got her email or her MNL number.... thank you for any comments!!!

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Sounds fishy. Ignore it and mark as spam, IMO.

Edited by apple21

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Definately spam or fishing scam. Can be someone you spoke with and gave them the number as info for them, or someone just guessing. either way anyone with a yahoo account is not official as well as asking for money and you dont know them? No way.

clear you cache on your PC run virus and malware software delete temp files ... everything to clean your pc just incase you have a something on your PC.

Disregard it, dont answer it, mark it as spam as some one said and move on. stay the course.

Good luck

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

And tell your fiancee not to go around giving other people her email and MNL case#… not even to fellow VJ members.

Yes, when she sent her documents through the courrier in the Phil, they needed her case number. she also had to send a letter along with the documents that had her email on it as well. I told her it was spam and not to worry about it. It sounds like someone at either 2GO or in the embassy is trying to make some money from unsusspecting people... such a shame that they are trying to do this!!!

Thank you for all of your replies!!!

here is an update on this...... I emailed this lady asking her where she got this info from. She replied to me and said that she has an assicate who works in the embassy that gaver her my fiance's info.... #######??? I emailed the Embassy and told them about this situation and also stated that if i did not hear favorable results that i will contact my congressman about this situation!

I guess we will see what happens.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.