Jump to content

K1 Interview and obtaining marriage certificates for previous marriages


3 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica

Hello Good day to y'll

I think i might have a problem.I was going over packet 3 and all the instructions that the embassy had sent me,i saw that they are requesting both fiance and fiancee to submit marriage certificate and divorces at the time of interview.This is what it said below:

Marriage Certificate: Obtain one certified copy (if you or your fiance/fiancee were married previously) of your marriage certificate or certificates,and one certified copy of the divorce or death certificate to prove dissolution of any marriage.

I have a copy of my marriage certificate as well as my divorce decree.My fiance is now divorced,he no longer has a copy of his marriage certificate and he won't be able to obtain a copy of the marriage certificate now that he's divorced.I am so confuse as what to do now.i know that not having everything they request can delay the process and i am trying to avoid that.so what do i do now,should i be worried?

Edited by JEWELLA

A&J K1 visa Journey

Sent I-129F packet Sat-June 8,2013.

USCIS received 1-I29F Packet Wed-June 12,2013.

NOA1 Notification (email & text msg) and Notice Date Fri-June 14,2013.

Awaiting NOA1 hard copy in mail.................................

Alien Registration Number was changed relating to your I129F, PETITION FOR FIANCE(E) On Thurs-June 20, 2013

NOA1 hard copy in the mail Fri-June 21,2013

I129F, PETITION FOR FIANCE(E) transferred from VSC to TSC On Fri-August 9, 2013

I129F,Petition for FIANCE(E) transfer and now being process at TSC Thur-August 15,2013

Receive Notice of Action Transfer (NOA-T) on Mon-August 19,2013

NOA2 Notification (Email) Wed-September 18,2013

NOA2 hard copy in the mail Tues-September 24,2013

I129F is shipped from USCIS to NVC Thurs-September 26,2013

NVC received approved I129F and assign case number Fri-October 4,2013

NVC shipped I129F to Embassy Wed-October 23,2013



Link to comment
Share on other sites

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica

I don't get it...does he have a copy of his divorce certificate? also why can't he obtain a copy of his marriage certificate? he should be able to to to the court house in his state a request a copy of this document....all he need to know is the year and date of the marriage and their information.....you wouldn't need the original document you just need a copy so if he obtain a copy he could fax it to you....if he cant get the copy of the marriage certificate just take the copy of the divorce decree with you and keep your fingers crossed that they will not ask you for the copy of the marriage certificate....I don't think they will deny you for that they might just give you a rfe...good luck

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
  • Create New...