Billandraffy

Same Sex K1 US Embassy Maila

115 posts in this topic

Hello, Im a little lost and stumbled upon this great website. I am 19 almost 20 yrs old, I know its very young, US citizen but I have a fiancee back home in the Philippines she is 21 almost 22 yrs old. I am desperate to petition her I just dont know if i could in regards to my age. Anyone help? Also we are same sex. Thank you and Have a nice day! :)

You must be at least 21 years old to petition a fiancé or spouse.

Also, you need to have enough financial capability (at least $20,000 income per year for mainland US, more for Hawaii and Alaska) as demonstrated on your IRS tax return.

Check my timeline for K-1 visa & AOS details

Conditional Permanent Resident: 16 September 2014

Conditional GC Expires: 16 September 2016

ROC Journey (CA Service Center)

2016-Sep-14: I-751 form, check, supporting docs sent USPS Priority Express

2016-Sep-15: ROC application received & signed for by Lakelieh

2016-Sep-15: NOA receipt date

2016-Sep-19: $590 check cashed by USCIS

2016-Sep-20: NOA/ 1-year extension letter received in mail

2018-Feb-26: ROC case transferred to local office

2018-Mar-06: ROC approved via USCIS website (WAC status check)

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello! Same Sex K-1 filers as well. Currently waiting for the case number from NVC. We called NVC the other day and they said they do not have the case yet even though the papers were already forwarded by USCIS to NVC last September 10, 2014. I know, we should just wait. Hope everything goes well. We still got a long way to go. :clock:^_^

08-12-2014 : I-129F Sent

08-14-2014 : NOA1

09-03-2014 : NOA2

09-10-2014 : Petition Transferred from USCIS to NVC

09-18-2014: NVC Received (MNL Case # issued thru Phone)

09-24-2014: US Embassy Manila received our case

10-14-2014: Medical Exam done!

10-23-2014: Interview

10-31-2014: Passport & Visa on Hand

Hello! Same Sex K-1 filers as well. Currently waiting for the case number from NVC. We called NVC the other day and they said they do not have the case yet even though the papers were already forwarded by USCIS to NVC last September 10, 2014. I know, we should just wait. Hope everything goes well. We still got a long way to go. :clock:^_^

20 days from NOA1 to NOA2?! You're very lucky! It took us more than 3 months (including RFE) for our I-129F application to go from NOA1 to NOA2 last year.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Try to call them again next week :) Goodluck Goodluck! Guess you'll be able to have your interview by november :)

Timeline

Try to call them again next week :) Goodluck Goodluck! Guess you'll be able to have your interview by november :)

Hello! Thanks! We had the case number a few hours after I posted. So we are waiting for the papers to be sent to the USEM then we'll be good to go. One step at time. :)

You must be at least 21 years old to petition a fiancé or spouse.

Also, you need to have enough financial capability (at least $20,000 income per year for mainland US, more for Hawaii and Alaska) as demonstrated on your IRS tax return.

I want to correct myself. You must be at least 21 years old and a USC to petition a parent.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

I had my interview at USEM last monday and thank God I got approved :) currently waiting for my visa to be delivered :)

Thanks to everyone! And Goodluck to those who are still waiting for the big day :)

I know its a different country and embassy, but was wondering what questions did they ask you? What did you have to show them? I have sent so much paperwork by email that even I am dizzy.

Timeline

I know its a different country and embassy, but was wondering what questions did they ask you? What did you have to show them? I have sent so much paperwork by email that even I am dizzy.

1.Biometrics: (American)

Window 43

What's your name?

What's your birth date?

Fingerprints

2. Documents & Screening (Filipina)

Window 50

Provided the documents such as:

NBI, cenomar, Interview payment, birth certificate, Form 1040 and W2

Conversation in Tagalog

My name. .

Age. .

Petitioners name..

When & How did we meet

When did we make it official

Job of my fiancee

Been married or with kids

If i've ever been to the Us or applied for a Us visa

If i have visited other countries, where, for how long and purpose?

How many times did my fiance visited me and for how long?

Showed the proof of meeting (pictures, tickets, boarding passes etc)

3.Interview at window 66

American consul

What's your name?

Age?

What's the name of you fiance?

How old is she?

Married or with kids?

Fiance's job?

How many times did she visit?

Then the consul gave me the domestic violence pamphlet and told me to wait again for my number to be called at last window

4. filipino guy (window 72)

Ano number mo (what's your number?)

He checked my folder and his computer

Pangalan? (What's your name)

Pwede ka na umuwi. Mail nalang namin visa mo (you can go home now. We will just mail to you your visa)

When we passed the I-129F, we also sent them our proof of meeting and relationship which includes pictures, chats, text messages, tickets, passports, boarding pass, reservations, letters, remittances and mails.

The Filipina Consul asked me if i'm really sure that my fiance and I were together during her vacation here so i immediately showed her our proof of meeting. The American Consul was looking at our pictures (which we sent together with the I-129F packet) while asking questions.

They didn't ask me anything about being in a same sex relationship.

Edited by pinayanne27

Timeline

1.Biometrics: (American)

Window 43

What's your name?

What's your birth date?

Fingerprints

2. Documents & Screening (Filipina)

Window 50

Provided the documents such as:

NBI, cenomar, Interview payment, birth certificate, Form 1040 and W2

Conversation in Tagalog

My name. .

Age. .

Petitioners name..

When & How did we meet

When did we make it official

Job of my fiancee

Been married or with kids

If i've ever been to the Us or applied for a Us visa

If i have visited other countries, where, for how long and purpose?

How many times did my fiance visited me and for how long?

Showed the proof of meeting (pictures, tickets, boarding passes etc)

3.Interview at window 66

American consul

What's your name?

Age?

What's the name of you fiance?

How old is she?

Married or with kids?

Fiance's job?

How many times did she visit?

Then the consul gave me the domestic violence pamphlet and told me to wait again for my number to be called at last window

4. filipino guy (window 72)

Ano number mo (what's your number?)

He checked my folder and his computer

Pangalan? (What's your name)

Pwede ka na umuwi. Mail nalang namin visa mo (you can go home now. We will just mail to you your visa)

When we passed the I-129F, we also sent them our proof of meeting and relationship which includes pictures, chats, text messages, tickets, passports, boarding pass, reservations, letters, remittances and mails.

The Filipina Consul asked me if i'm really sure that my fiance and I were together during her vacation here so i immediately showed her our proof of meeting. The American Consul was looking at our pictures (which we sent together with the I-129F packet) while asking questions.

They didn't ask me anything about being in a same sex relationship.

Thanks....

Why did they give you a domestic violence pamphlet? That's a little unusual?

Also Philippines is a homophobic country. How come local staff interviewed you?

Filed: Timeline

Thanks....

Why did they give you a domestic violence pamphlet? That's a little unusual?

Also Philippines is a homophobic country. How come local staff interviewed you?

that is the same for us. Philippines provides information on domestic abuse situations so that Filipinos will have a head start in understanding what domestic abuse is and how to prevent/report. I believe it is that way as a result of the years of mail-order brides sent over to the US into the waiting arms of some jerk who doesn't know how to treat a woman. When she goes to the CFO meeting she will get even more information. The Philippines has some homophobic politicians leading the country, usually at the whim of the church, but by and by, the Philippines is not a homophobic country.....that is only my experience and not based on a study. it's an awesome place to visit with great people.

i suspect that the filipino guy doing the interview, again same for us, is part of the logical process they have established in there. It would be no different for same sex or opposite sex couples. We found that everyone there treated us with great respect and made the process inclusive for all.

PinayAnne, congrats. you see...all of that worry and here you are bound for the US. Best of luck to you both.

Timeline

^thank you so much! And thanks to everyone :)

Visa is now on hand but i'll be flying to the US on January, 2015.

To same sex couples who are now in the US;

Where did you guys get married? We're planning to have a civil wedding in New york since it is not legal in Florida. Any other suggestions? :)

Timeline

^thank you so much! And thanks to everyone :)

Visa is now on hand but i'll be flying to the US on January, 2015.

To same sex couples who are now in the US;

Where did you guys get married? We're planning to have a civil wedding in New york since it is not legal in Florida. Any other suggestions? :)

Hello

Yes there are so many places in NY. How about Gramacy Park? Central Park? The great thing it doesnt cost anything. We will be doing one as well and splurging on the brunch afterwards

Timeline

Hello

Yes there are so many places in NY. How about Gramacy Park? Central Park? The great thing it doesnt cost anything. We will be doing one as well and splurging on the brunch afterwards

No ceremonies for us first, just civil. How long do we need to stay in nY in order to get the marriage license and cert?

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

Hello everyone! Just want to share the news that my USEM interview went smoothly so I am currently waiting for my passport and my approved K1 visa. The Filipina Consul who interviewed me was very thorough. She asked me the following:

(1) My Name,

(2) Date of Birth,

(3) Petitioner's Name,

(4) How did we met?,

& (5) Why doesn't she have an ITR?

My fiancee is retired and her means of income is her pension which passed the Poverty Guideline. Anyway, after giving her some VA letters certifying my claims, she took m passport and she told me first to just wait and then she said I could just take a seat because she has to verify if it's ok that I'm not presenting an ITR. Anyway, after the long wait, my queue number flashed for the American Consul interview. The Consul was nice and only asked me this:

(1) My Name,

(2) How did I met my fiancee,

(3) "As a member of the LGBT, I know you have experienced difficulty. Tell me your family's reaction when you told them that you are officially together as a couple.",

& (4) What are your wedding plans?

After answering all the question, she said: "Well, everything looks great. I have everything we need. Please take a seat and wait for our final instructions."

After 10 minutes, I was in line for the final instructions. I was given the appointment letter and was told that I could go home now and check online about when I can get my approved application and passport.

This is my USEM interview experience. :star::)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.