VolcarSS

Travelling to the US while IR-5 Petition is Pending

5 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: Jamaica
Timeline

A question for VJ's experts. Can my wife and I travel to the US using our B1/B2 visa while our IR-5 visa petition is being processed. All constructive response will be greatly appreciated.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

You can definitely travel as long as you have a valid visa - The one thing you need to be aware of is that they can potentially turn you down for entry at the border - which sometimes can happen if they see you have a pending visa in the system. However, as long as you are abiding by the conditions of your visa you can travel.

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I recently return from the US, I have a k1 processing and didnt have any issue. My travel dates were oct 18-21. I brought with me my job contract, pay slips, ulilities bills and life insurance certificate. The visa officer ask me my purpose for visit whether business or pleasure, how long will I be staying, how much I will be spending, who I will be visiting which I said my fiance. This was at miami airport, he never look at any of my doucments, I posted a review of my experience early so you may look at it, my memory was much fresh then. Hope it helps, all the best! Btw I have a upcoming trip for december to visit my fiance again

event.png

event.png

event.png

event.png

event.png

event.png

"TO LOVE IS NOTHING. TO BE LOVED IS SOMETHING. BUT TO BE LOVED BY THE PERSON YOU LOVE...IS EVERYTHING."

Same as any other tourist travel - bring proof of employment, ties to the home country, proof or return ticket and know your length of stay.

Good luck!

Edited by milimelo

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Filed: Other Timeline

Take job letters, business certs,show ties in Jamaica continues, rt tickets

do not take too many clothing as if you are moving, be confident having gone

& returned many times is a plus.There are slim chance of refusal if officer gets

an attitude or does not believe you.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.