jepongsky

Adjustment of tatus Approved

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I just want to thank all my fellows here in VJ's who in one way or another had helped us with our journey from K1 to AOS. This site has been such a big help.

I arrived here in US on July 7, 2013. A week after my arrival, we decided to have a simple wedding so to start with our Adjustment of Status. We gave ourselves a month to process and collect all the necessary things we needed for the submission of our application for AOS like social security number,marriage certificate, documents like joint account, health insurance papers that I am the dependent of my husband,sworn statements from our landlord, etc. We submitted the application on Aug 28, 2013 and received a letter a month after for my finger printing.(September 30). Two weeks after , I received a letter in the mail from USCIS notifying us our interview schedule on November 12, 2013.

The interview was about 20 minutes. Here are some questions asked.

1. Date of entry in US

2. Is it my first time to enter US

3. Date and Place of Wedding

4. How, When and Where I met my Husband

5. Lease Agreement Papers( in our case we are living in my husband's uncle house so we presented a sworn statement.

6. Health insurance Document stating that I am the dependent

7..My social security number and phone number

8. Vaccination Record

9..For my Husband, the interviewer asked him the name of my parents, his phone number.

10.The interviewer also asked my husband to present his passport and show all the stamps when he visited me in our country.

12. Wedding pictures, Pictures together with my husband's family members were also asked.

After the 20 minute interview, she just informed us that she will just review our documents and we will be informed by mail for the next step.

A week after( Nov 18), we receive a mail from them stating that my greencard is approved!!!yay... The card will be delivered in 3 weeks...

AOS Approval took us 2 1/2 months of waiting...

And that is our journey.

Thank You So Much VJ

Looking forward for the removing conditions after 2 years:)

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from Family-based AOS to Family-based AOS Progress Forum~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.