4 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

My wife's PD is Sep 12, 2013 and her I-130 is approved. USCIS says few months for her PD to become current but how long is few months? We are planning to have a baby, my question is what happens if she delivers a baby before her visa interview (I am thinking it may take a year or so for her to get to the interview).

Your input is appreciated.

Thanks
Rajesh

Timeline

My wife's PD is Sep 12, 2013 and her I-130 is approved. USCIS says few months for her PD to become current but how long is few months? We are planning to have a baby, my question is what happens if she delivers a baby before her visa interview (I am thinking it may take a year or so for her to get to the interview).

Your input is appreciated.

Thanks

Rajesh

It is hard to answer how long is few months? Talk to a lawyer about the best option for the baby.

NVC

2013-10-10: NVC received the case.

2013-10-15: Received Case number, IIN, Beneficiary number

2013-10-17: Received AOS and IV visa fee invoice email and paid both.

2013-10-21: AOS Fee status changed to PAID.

2013-10-21: IV Fee status changed to PAID. DS-260 is available.

2013-10-26: AOS Docs sent/IV Docs sent/DS-260 Submitted Online.

2013-10-28: NVC received the docs in the morning(Based on Fedex tracking).

2013-11-21: Checklist.

2013-12:20: Case complete : By Phone

2013-12-28 : Case complete email from NVC

2014-01-29: Called DOS for Interview date. Set for March 21,2014.

2013-01-29 Night: Interview Letter by email.

2014-02-03: Finished fingerprinting and Photograph at VAC

2014-02-08: CEAC status changed to "Ready"

2014-02-13: Medical scheduled

2014-03-18: Will try to fly out to Mumbai to be with my wife for her Interview. Not sure if the embassy will let me in but at least want to be there. :-)

2014-03-21: Interview

2014-03-21: VISA approved as per CO. We were told to expect the passport in 3-5 business days.

2014-03-21: CEAC Status"Issued" SAME DAY.

Timeline

It is hard to answer how long is few months? Talk to a lawyer about the best option for the baby.

Thanks! I am just trying to get an idea whether it is 3 months or 6 months.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Thanks! I am just trying to get an idea whether it is 3 months or 6 months.

Congrats on the i-130 approval.

About VB, its very hard to say. Based on what immigration websites are reporting F2A will not move forward for the "forseeable future" which in my view would be atleast till feb/March though i could be super wrong. I so wish i could be the guy updating the VB every month. :-)

Like papaya said, talking to a lawyer about your baby situation would be the best way.

Goodluck.

Edited by vkrishn

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.