ZAMA

Islamabad US Embassy not responding

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hello,

I'm need a some advice. We received our NOA2 and then embassy sent us the 3.5 package via email. We responded on September 8. After three weeks I emailed them that we haven't heard from them since we mailed the 3.5 package. Their respond came next day that they haven't received our package yet and if you sent it, please send us airway bill number. I traced it from courier to embassy, they received and signed it on the the 9th. I Sent them three emails with airway bill number/receiving number but they are not responding anymore.

What should I do, my petition will expire in January 2014.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from K-1 Process to Asia: South Regional Forum~

~Inquiry is embassy/consulate-specific~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Timeline

I am going through the same BS. US embassy in Islamabad is the worst of embassies I know so far.

It looks like a Bangali embassy in pakistan rather than the US.

I have sent my package 3.5 on October 8th, hoping that I will hear from them in a week or two. But after emailing them several times, they insisted on only receiving the documents on October 20th. It's not that we were sending it through usual mail, they were sent through their courier, Speedex/American Express. I don't how can all of that be possible. Can't make sense of it to tell you the truth.

Timeline

Hello Naina and Sam,

Thank you for your reply. If you call and try to ask status, they tell you send us an email, then they don't reply email either. I'm going to email them daily until i get an answer.

So frustrating.. I don't know what good it will do to call DoS, they will tell you to call embassy anyway. The case is in ISB's hands.

Thanks,

Zahid

I am going through the same BS. US embassy in Islamabad is the worst of embassies I know so far.

It looks like a Bangali embassy in pakistan rather than the US.

I have sent my package 3.5 on October 8th, hoping that I will hear from them in a week or two. But after emailing them several times, they insisted on only receiving the documents on October 20th. It's not that we were sending it through usual mail, they were sent through their courier, Speedex/American Express. I don't how can all of that be possible. Can't make sense of it to tell you the truth.

Why don't you try calling the department of state to inquire about your package? They might be able to give you some information.

Timeline

Hello,

I'm need a some advice. We received our NOA2 and then embassy sent us the 3.5 package via email. We responded on September 8. After three weeks I emailed them that we haven't heard from them since we mailed the 3.5 package. Their respond came next day that they haven't received our package yet and if you sent it, please send us airway bill number. I traced it from courier to embassy, they received and signed it on the the 9th. I Sent them three emails with airway bill number/receiving number but they are not responding anymore.

What should I do, my petition will expire in January 2014.

Hello,

The embassy in Islamabad has also stopped replying to my emails . I sent information about my new employment and new home address. They did not confirm receiving it, they did not reply , and the department of state says they have received nothing . I had to have my congressman write to get a response and then the only response I received was saying that , I was in administrative processing which I already knew .

They use to respond in 2-3 days , but now they have stopped responding to me at all. I don't understand the problem

Timeline

Zama, I don't think it's a good idea to email the embassy every day. It'll leave a bad impression on them. You should ask the petitioner or the lawyer (if you have one) to email the embassy. And, did you send the documents via AMEX? If yes, call them and ask about other packets that were sent with yours.

Also, it's been around 2 months for you, so why not re-send the documents if you didn't send any original documents previously?

I hope we all get our interview dates soon Insha'Allah.

Let us all know if you find out anything from the embassy.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.