Allie & Lance

No openings for Medical

13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

We just got our interview date of December 13, 2013 this past Friday (November 8) by calling DOS as we have not heard anything back from the embassy (no response to email, nothing in the mail). My fiancé called Mobay to schedule a medical and they said that they have NO appointments available until December 10, but they took his number and told him that they would give him a call if they had anything open up! Has anyone experienced a similar situation? Do you think it would help if I (the US Petitioner) called from overseas and tried to schedule the medical?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I know this is a long drive but can you go to Kingston @ St. Andrew Hospital call them to see if they have anything available. Then you can pickup your packet the day before your interview and just stay over somewhere in Kingston the day before. Just a suggestion. You can always go to the interview without the medical but you will get a 221g to bring it back in and then that will put a little delay on your visa issuance.

Edited by florida4life

Keep it Real

Timeline

My fiance had no problem scheduling his medical in Kingston; he didn't go to the hospital but went to the private practice they listed, a husband and wife team I believe. He had his appointment within a few days. :)

"Verily, after hardship there is ease" Holy Qur'an 94:6

http://www.anaashad.blogspot.com

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I know this is a long drive but can you go to Kingston @ St. Andrew Hospital call them to see if they have anything available. Then you can pickup your packet the day before your interview and just stay over somewhere in Kingston the day before. Just a suggestion. You can always go to the interview without the medical but you will get a 221g to bring it back in and then that will put a little delay on your visa issuance.

This is your best solution, otherwise you will have to change interview date.

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Same thing happened to us, nothing in MoBay so off to Kingston he went!

we had to do the same for my stepson..

we actually ended up going to Medical Associates in Kingston, i dont think they even made an appt.. just told us what time they did the medical and to be there within that timeframe..

Timeline

We scheduled in Kingston at Andrew Memorial Hospital. So, something else was just brought to my attention.

Does the doctor send the results straight to the embassy? Or is he supposed to go back to Kingston, again, 2 days before the interview to pick up the results?

Timeline

if they want you to pick up 2 days before interview just wait and pickup the day before and stay over night somewhere in Kinston that's the best solution.

Keep it Real

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

I would suggest he goes to kingston....Medical Associates seem to have a more competitive price. My mother in-law had no immunization cards and needed to do four shots and the total cost of her medical was less than J$21,000, in June of this year and they schedule medical twice pee week, and you normally pick up the day before interview, so he could always stay in kingston the for the interview the next day.

If you need a stay on the economical side, he could always get a night over at the Mayfair hotel (J$7500 - 8000), on West Kings House Road, which is about 5 minutes from the embassy without traffic. It convenient for the purpose for which you intended. f he doesnt drive he can always arrange with the hotel to call him a taxi in the morning \.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.