Gary and Alla

Obama: I'm Sorry Americans are LOSING Insurance

330 posts in this topic

i'm going to write European American in the 'other' space from now on while filling out forms that ask race.

Won't that cause a glitch in the matrix?!

Filed: Timeline

The fact that someone is married to a person of a different race does not disqualify them from being a racist. A persons spouse does not matter in the equation at all.

yes, actually it does. that's why the correct term is 'bigoted' toward a certain race. but, you keep trying though sparky.wink.png

7yqZWFL.jpg

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

Got this off Wiki...,

In the 1980s the term African American was advanced on the model of, for example, German-American or Irish-American to give descendants of American slaves and other American blacks who lived through the slavery era a heritage and a cultural base.[155] The term was popularized in black communities around the country via word of mouth and ultimately received mainstream use after Jesse Jackson publicly used the term in front of a national audience. Subsequently, major media outlets adopted its use.

My family has referred to ourselves as German Americans now & then.

That is the general concept. Hyphenation as an attempt to dilute. That it is sometimes self-inflicted, as you point out, does not make it any more legitimate or less short-sighted.

If you were born in this country or if you were afforded the privilege to become a citizen, do your country a favor and call yourself an American.

It is quite simple, really.

Edited by Gegel

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

That is the general concept. Hyphenation as an attempt to dilute. That it is sometimes self-inflicted, as you point out, does not make it any more legitimate or less short-sighted.

If you were born on this country or if you were afforded the privilege to become a citizen, do your country a favor an call yourself an American.

It is quite simple, really.

I was just pointing out that the phrase was not coined as a plot to minimize African Americans but as a salute to their roots.

I am an American but now & then during family history story telling time....our family fled Nazi Germany to become Americans = German American.

Quite simple indeed.

Edited by Crashed~N2~Me

yes, actually it does. that's why the correct term is 'bigoted' toward a certain race. but, you keep trying though sparky.wink.png

Then you should be able to produce a definition of racist that states that, yes?

You most certainly make a good argument. Coz a true racist will not marry another race...? Hmmmmm... Nice play Mr. Smoke. Very nice.

You most certainly make a good argument. Coz a true racist will not marry another race...? Hmmmmm... Nice play Mr. Smoke. Very nice.

Actually it sounds ridiculous, but I see how you would think it's genius.

Actually it sounds ridiculous, but I see how you would think it's genius.

Let's see you dispute it Mr. "I've said it many times so that means it's correct coz I'm an authority in my own mind to compensate for my multiple inferiority complexes".... lol...

This is for you Teddy Bear....

Let's see you dispute it Mr. "I've said it many times so that means it's correct coz I'm an authority in my own mind to compensate for my multiple inferiority complexes".... lol...

This is for you Teddy Bear....

Here's a news flash for you Mr. Genius. By definition being racist means feeling that one race is superior to another. It does not mean that a person either likes or dislikes every race other their than own. So it is totally possible for someone to be married to an Asian person yet still be racist towards blacks, latinos or any other race.

Seeing you're into cartoons today, here's your namesake.

wile-e-coyote.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I wonder if there were any "go back to Ireland" bumper stickers.

Honest question since I don't know American presidential history as well as Americans probably do:

Has this "birther" movement that was experienced by Obama ever been experienced by another President?

Is there another President out there that had to release his birth certificate just to shut people up about where he was born - and then have them NOT BELIEVE IT?

A lot of folks hated on JFK for being catholic. And Ftr he remains the only catholic president. People claimed the pope would be running the country.

A lot of folks hated on JFK for being catholic. And Ftr he remains the only catholic president. People claimed the pope would be running the country.

Okay... not sure what that has to do with what I asked though. :lol:

Here's a news flash for you Mr. Genius. By definition being racist means feeling that one race is superior to another. It does not mean that a person either likes or dislikes every race other their than own. So it is totally possible for someone to be married to an Asian person yet still be racist towards blacks, latinos or any other race.

1st...Are you gonna come up with something original or always copy my lines?

2nd....you are confusing racial discrimination with racist.

Do some more reading and get back to me on that. wink.png

You really need to reassess your limitations. Here's a hint = Overconfidence.

How about this... instead of calling folks racist when they hammer the POTUS, how about instead of supporting him by expounding on what good he has done for the USA. If you can. Thus far, I see a lot of finger-pointing and racist-calling on here, but how about convincing those who are unhappy with his performance of the good he has done by quoting examples?

This would make sense if the topic of conversation was "don't hammer the POTUS, he is awesome!!" .. but it's not. Referring to him as "the Kenyan" has ZERO to do with his performance, so why would people react to it with commentary about his performance?

I have no issue with people who dislike Obama. None. I don't like him 100% of the time. I maintain that he was a better option than his opponent, but I am by no means up his butt and think he should be immune to criticism. And I also don't think anyone who criticizes him is a racist. That's nuts.

But that's not what anybody's talking about right now - at least not me, anyway. I was talking about referring to him as "the Kenyan" .. it has nothing to do with his job.

But remember... anyone with money and a little know how can get just about any certificate or official document created. How much easier would it be if you had the support of all the 3-letter agencies? TOO easy.

rofl.gif Okay.

Edited by Penny Lane

1st...Are you gonna come up with something original or always copy my lines?

2nd....you are confusing racial discrimination with racist.

Do some more reading and get back to me on that. wink.png

You really need to reassess your limitations. Here's a hint = Overconfidence.

Umm, no I'm not genius. Go argue with Merriam Webster. I love dealing with fools.

rac·ismnoun \ˈrā-ˌsi-zəm also -ˌshi-\

: poor treatment of or violence against people because of their race

: the belief that some races of people are better than others

Full Definition of RACISM
: a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race
: racial prejudice or discrimination