newyorktooaxaca

Visa obtained!

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hello all,

Just wanted to let everyone know that we got our visa! Miguel had his interview yesterday in Ciudad Juarez and everything went very smoothly. I will soon post an embassy review in the review section. We are super happy and relieved. It is so nice to start talking about our dreams now without saying, "okay, let's stop dreaming because maybe we can't realize them yet." I knew we would get the visa one day. I just wasn't sure it would happen the first time around. I think that if you have all your paperwork in order from day 1, the visa is surely obtainable!

I've moved on to the Working and Traveling Forum...geez the paperwork shuffle sure doesn't end with the K1! And neither do the payments to immigration!! Well, at least we know we can be together when we choose. Good luck everyone. Thanks for all the helpful posts. And have a happy holiday season!

Kristen

Timeline

August 8, 2006: I-129f sent by fed-ex

August 10, 2006: Fed-ex package received by Vermont

August 14, 2006: Vermont acknowledges beginning process

August 20, 2006: NOA-1 received at home address in NY

August 24, 2006: Touched (likely because step-mother was meddling with process)

August 28, 2006: Change of address form sent

August 29, 2006: Touched

September 5, 2006: Touched

September 6, 2006: Touched

September 13, 2006: Recieved email notice of NOA2

Sometime late October: Received package from embassy

December 13, 2006: Medical Exam

December 14, 2006 Interview January 25, 2007: Fly into JFK, get EAD

March 10th, 2007: Wedding!

April 20th, 2007: Mail AOS and EAD paperwork by UPS

April 23rd, 2007: UPS package delivered to Chicago

April 27th, 2007: Date of NOA for AOS and EAD

April 30th, 2007: INS deposits checks

May 2, 2007: Touched

May 9, 2007: RFE sent to us by immigration

May 16th, 2007: Biometrics

June 1, 2007: Evidence sent to immigration

June 16th: Touched

June ??th: Case transferred to California office

July 5th, 2007: EAD approved and card ordered by immigration, should come within 30 days

July 5th, 2007: AOS touched

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline

Felicidades!! my interview is next week, I hope everything goes well as you did! I´m getting nervous! :unsure:

CITIZENSHIP

Service Center: Lewisville TX Lockbox

CIS Office :

Date Filed : 2011-02-28

NOA Date : 2011-03-02

Bio. Appt.: 2011-03-30

2nd Bio. Appt.: 2011-05-11

Interview Date: 2011-06-22

Approved:

Oath Ceremony:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.