Strictly4theluv

I-131 (AP) K1 !!!!!! OMG!!!!!!

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Spain
Timeline

Hi everybody!!!

So here I am filling this nighmare paperwork and beeing in front of i131 form I'm a lil bit confused on what's going on...

Im a K1 visa holder, and I'll be sending this form together with my I485 AOS package (I485, G325A, I864, I765, I131)... (u know...all this crab...)

So I was told that if later on I want to travel to my country to visit my parents, or if something happens (like something you can't plan in advance) i can just go without having problems with my AOS process before I get my green card...

Well, what the heck, I put on PART 3???

Date of intended departure??????? (MMMM...hello USCIS!!!! i don't know ...)

Expected length of trip????? (hello again!!!! don't know it either)

And I guess on PART 7, to be sure I would put more than one trip? just in case??

My thing is:

Instructions say that I can apply for and Advance Parole if I have a pending application to adjust status (wich I have), and I seek to travel abroad for urgent humanitarian reasons, family emergency...

How am I supouse to predict an emergency that is going to happen who knows when if it happens? Can anybody explain me this?

Also it says that as Initial evidence I must submit:

- I-94 (OK, cool)

and

- Explanation or other evidence showing the circumstances that warrant issuance of an Advance Parole (wich I can't send cause as right now I don't have any humanitarian reason or family emergency planned (beeing iroinc)

or

- if im an applicant for AOS a copy of USCIS receipt as evidence that I filled (wich I'll do that because my evidence will be that I'm gonna send this form together with AOS package, so what better evidence...)

It specifictly says later on the instructions that vacations can't be a reason for asking for the AP...so what should I do? Anybody with the same thoughts and that went through the situation without any problem...

How shoud I fill the form?

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!

Filed: Timeline
Well, what the heck, I put on PART 3???

Date of intended departure??????? (MMMM...hello USCIS!!!! i don't know ...)

Expected length of trip????? (hello again!!!! don't know it either)

Just put "unknown" for those. It really doesn't matter.

And I guess on PART 7, to be sure I would put more than one trip? just in case??

Yes. It doesn't matter.

Instructions say that I can apply for and Advance Parole if I have a pending application to adjust status (wich I have), and I seek to travel abroad for urgent humanitarian reasons, family emergency...

Nope. You can travel for any reason.

Also it says that as Initial evidence I must submit:

- I-94 (OK, cool)

and

- Explanation or other evidence showing the circumstances that warrant issuance of an Advance Parole (wich I can't send cause as right now I don't have any humanitarian reason or family emergency planned (beeing iroinc)

or

- if im an applicant for AOS a copy of USCIS receipt as evidence that I filled (wich I'll do that because my evidence will be that I'm gonna send this form together with AOS package, so what better evidence...)

See the "or"? It means that since you are an AOS applicant, you don't need the explanation stuff.

Timeline

Yes. It doesn't matter.

See the "or"? It means that since you are an AOS applicant, you don't need the explanation stuff.

Thanks for your answer... i guess ill fill it out by hand (was planning on filling everything on the computer to make it easier for them)

As far as I can travel for any reason...idk...the form doesn't say that... did you got your AP? It went throuhg without problem putting unknown?

As far as the "or" issue...i noticed it...maybe i didn't explain myself correctly...

Thank you

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Fill it out on your computer, and leave the date and length blank. Then after you print it out, hand-write Unknown for those. Yes, check more than one trip. No explanation of why you want/need AP is needed when filed with a pending I-485. The I-131 is actually a short and simple form to fill out.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Timeline

Yes. It doesn't matter.

Thanks! So... what do i put when they ask purpose of the trip?

Timeline

Thanks! So... what do i put when they ask purpose of the trip?

It does not ask for purpose of trip. You skip from Part 3 to Part 7.> "If you are applying for a non-DACA related Advance Parole Document, skip to Part 7"

Example form > http://www.visajourney.com/examples/INS-Form-I-131.pdf

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

• 5 months later...
Timeline

so i dont need to fill the I-131 Supplement Part 7?

No. That is not required if filing for AP with a pending I-485.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.