Savoie3928

Online program to learn English in Vietnam

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

First I'd like to say I'm new to the site and have found so much helpful information here.

I'm looking for the best online program to help my soon to be fiancé to improve her English while she is still in Vietnam. I'm currently using Mango language to help myself to learn some vietnamese. I find it to be an excellent interactive program. But I don't think mango is availible in Vietnam. I'm trying to load the mango addition for English for vietnamese speakers onto a flash drive to send it to her but not sure it will work.

So my question is does anyone know of a good online program availible in Vietnam to learn English ? I know there are threads here already on this subject but most of them are a few years old. Thanks for any help

have you tried this Website? http://www.rosettastone.eu/learn-vietnamese

ich_liebe_dich_103.jpg
March 29,2013-------Notice of Action "1st"
November 14,2013-------Notice of Action ( Notice of transferred NSC )
December 20,2013-------Notice of Action "Approval"
December 26,2013-------Case was Shipped to National Visa Center
January 13,2014 -------Case received at NVC
February 12, 2014-------NVC Assigned Case Number

February 25,2014------- Paid AOS & IV bill

February 27,2014------ -AOS & IV documents was submitted to NVC ( Completed DS-260 )

March 4, 2014 --------- NVC received AOS & IV documents

March 10 & 11,2014 -----( Done Advanced Medical at SLEC ) = Passed

March 21,2014---------- Case Completed

April 04,2014---------Received Interview Date ( P4)

May 5,2014-------- -Interview ( APPROVED )

event.png
event.png
event.png

Timeline

I think you may have misunderstood my question or maybe i didnt explain it well. Im looking for a program to learn english for a person (my girlfriend) who speaks vietnamese. Preferably a program that is available online in vietnam. Some of the websites (mango languages for example) here in the US dont work in vietnam.

As for rosetta stone, ive read alot of neggitive reviews. They seem to be the company with the biggest advertising budget which makes them the most popular but not the most effective learning program. It seems very over priced compared to other better programs which cost way less.

Timeline

Nevermind, i googled VPN, lol. I've heard of it, and understand the basics of how it works, but i am clueless as to how, or what it takes to set up a VPN. Could you clue me in?

Filed: Timeline

Nevermind, i googled VPN, lol. I've heard of it, and understand the basics of how it works, but i am clueless as to how, or what it takes to set up a VPN. Could you clue me in?

I use a couple of VPNs - VPN express on an iPad and Hotspot Shield on a Macbook Air. I've used both in VN and not had any issues. Both are easy to set up and use. I am not an IT expert and they work for me...so they will work for anyone.

The VN government sometimes blocks access to Facebook or Skype. Using a VPN can allow you to get around this sort of restriction. More importantly they provide an additional layer of security from someone snooping on web traffic (i.e. accessing financial information). Lastly I've used them to get access to the Apple store while in VN - and also to provide that security. I would be especially cautious about public WIFI networks anywhere, not just VN.

Not saying it will work for sure, but it might be worth looking into.

Edited by JRF

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I recently found this site, http://www.goenglish.me

I appreciate you sharing this! My girlfriend needs to improve her English as well. After Tet holiday, we were going to enroll her in English classes but this seems better suited for her. Thanks a bunch! ^^

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.