akjclr81

k-1 visa questions - Bogota consulate

5 posts in this topic

Hi there,

We got the NOA2 like three weeks ago, and we are waiting for either the consulate or NVC to contact us. I was wondering if you guys could help me with the following inquiries.

1. Is it really necessary to contact the NVC regarding your case after getting your NOA2? I mean, in all forums they say you should call NVC everyday in order to find out about your case, but I find that this is not so useful, since you still have to wait for the consulate to contact you. I mean, getting your new case number won't speed up your application, am I right? should I just wait for NVC to contact me?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Juan

12-10-2013 K1 Visa Approved
01-15-2014 POE
01-23-2014 Wedding
02-07-2014 Filed AOS, EAD and AP
02-12-2014 NOA for AOS, EAD and AP
02-20-2014 Biometrics Appt. Letter for 03/07/2014
03-07-2014 Biometrics Appt. Successfully done
04-14-2014 EAD Card production
04-15-2014 AP approved. Notice sent.
04-17-2014 EAD Card was mailed
04-17-2014 (one hour later) USPS picked up card
04-22-2014 EAD Card/AP documents in hand!
06-05-2014 Notice of potential interview waiver received.
11-24-2014 GC Update: Card/Document production
12-01-2014 I-797 Notice of Action/Welcome Letter Received!
12-03-2014 GC received!!!

08/29/2016 Filed Remove of Conditional status
08/31/2016 Received NOA for ROC

02/23/2018 Lifting conditions approved. Card being ordered

03/02/2018 GC received.

Local Office: Milwaukee, WI

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from General Immigration-Related Discussion to K-1 Progress Forum~

~Inquirer received NOA2, inquiry about NVC~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Wish I could be more positive on this issue, who is being petitioned and who is the petitioner. Sure doesn't help trying to get an unmarried over 21 step son over here from Venezuela. And calling the NVC on this issue, they got very nasty. Do have a limited amoun of visas they can issue, and the key ones now is if you are an Afghanistan helping our military or from Africa. My senators tell me they are helpless, NVC reports directly to the executive branch.

Also doesn't help us that Venezuela expelled the American ambassador and several consulate workers, claiming they committed sabotage to their way outdated electric grid and oil refineries. We have been waiting over five years now. Since my stepson parents are from Colombia, suggested he move in with his grandma for a better chance, but I guess he doesn't want to leave his friends. It did take his grandma over a year to get a US visa to visit us from Colombia. Seems like Obama has no interest in Latin America from what I can gather.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

Hi there,

We got the NOA2 like three weeks ago, and we are waiting for either the consulate or NVC to contact us. I was wondering if you guys could help me with the following inquiries.

1. Is it really necessary to contact the NVC regarding your case after getting your NOA2? I mean, in all forums they say you should call NVC everyday in order to find out about your case, but I find that this is not so useful, since you still have to wait for the consulate to contact you. I mean, getting your new case number won't speed up your application, am I right? should I just wait for NVC to contact me?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Juan

There is no requirement to contact the NVC. :)

Flying to Seattle on 6 May 2014!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

YOU ARE RIGHT MY FRIEND !!

My modest opinion... it is better in a week bases sent to the NVC at least one email in order to have some news about your case at the real end you are right

When you visa number is ready for Bogota NVC will contact your with a letter and you fiancé will be contacted by the Embassy in Bogota

Then you will be pisss because the early appointment will be available in 2 month from the day the embassy contact her .....

Sit on a pillow will alleviate any hemorrhoid formation during the interview waiting time.

In reality it is not the NVC problem is the Friking Embassy interview available schedule

Therefore at the end you are right in the money call NVC is useless ............... not even the embassy...

Seriously find a pillow; Preparation H is sale over the counter.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.