reneegh724

WAITING FOR CALL-IN LETTER? CONFUSED.. PLEASE HELP :(

15 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Hello VJ! I really need your help--- especially those of you who are filing at US embassy Ghana or have an embassy that operates similarly to ours--- with the call-in letter for the interview.

I have been told and have read in the Ghana posts here to NOT WAIT for the call-in letter to go pick up the packet at the embassy... that the letter will never come. Rather, the USC must email the embassy until they say the fiance can go pick up the packet. Well, I have emailed the embassy 3 times in the past week asking if my fiance is able to come pick up the packet and in every response they have stated he will be mailed a call in letter and can come in with the letter to pick up the packet. So what should I do?? Keep trying? Keep emailing? I'm very frustrated and am going with him for the interview so would like to get my plane ticket asap, and also just have piece of mind with this final step in our journey. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you all so much for your help

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

~ Moved from K-1 Process to US Embassy and Consulate Discussion- topic about consulate procedures ~

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Keep emailing them like every other day, it took me over two weeks for them to give email us with good response. The govt shutdown here made things slower in Ghana. But now, i'm sure everything is back to normal. Don't purchase your ticket till he has his packets. Just keep emailing like every other day or every two days.

Timeline

Keep emailing them like every other day, it took me over two weeks for them to give email us with good response. The govt shutdown here made things slower in Ghana. But now, i'm sure everything is back to normal. Don't purchase your ticket till he has his packets. Just keep emailing like every other day or every two days.

thank you for your info, it is much appreciated.. I will keep emailing then!! Also, you should fill in your timeline so we can see the timeframe of the process for you :) especially if it was recent.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline

I read in this post that the embassy said just to go down there and pick it up?

Hi, My sister have same problem and this what they asked her to do and i think your fiance can do same thing. In Accra

Thank you for your e-mail inquiry.

Our records indicate that a call-in letter was mailed out on November 19, 2012. If the applicant has not received the letter, they may come to the U.S. Embassy Accra on any business Wednesday morning at 7:30 am to pick up the appointment package. The package will have the instructions necessary to proceed further with the case. Please be aware that the applicant will drop off this letter in the morning and then return at 2:00 p.m. to receive the package and interview date.

The applicant should also bring a copy of this email to be admitted to the Consular Section.

We hope this information is helpful to you.

Sincerely,

U.S. Embassy Accra

Consular Section

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/432447-packet-3-mailed-in-ghana/?hl=%2Bghana+%2Bcall+%2Bletter#entry6252775

K1 Visa AOS

10/21/13: I-129F Sent 07/12/14: Married

11/01/13: I-129F NOA1 (Texas Service Center) 08/20/14: (I-485, I-765, I-131) Mailed Out

02/19/14: I-129F NOA2 (110 days) 08/26/14: NOA's received (Nebraska Service Center)

03/04/14: NVC Received 09/17/14: Bio Appointment

03/07/14: NVC Left 11/14/14: EAD & AP Approved (86 days)

03/13/14: Consulate Received 11/18/14: EAD & AP approval letter received

04/09/14: Packet 4 Received 11/20/14: EAD Card Received!

04/24/14: Interview Date - APPROVED (174 days) 12/11/14: Potential Interview Letter received

05/18/15: Card Ordered To Be Produced

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Maybe this link will help too? I'm thinking it can't hurt, if you have the time, just to visit the embassy and see if you can pick up the packet?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/461078-starting-our-k1-journey/?p=6596051

Steve&Hazel, on 20 Oct 2013 - 11:01 PM, said:snapback.png

My fiance and I started ours in February of this year. My interview is in December. My advice:

- Don't wait for your packet 3 checklist to be sent to you in the mail. Once you receive your NOA2, start getting your packet 3 together. You can find the checklist online. You will need to gather documents, such as a police clearance certificate(s). This may take time to get through RCMP. I've heard that some people had to wait months! Once you have all documents, send the packet off. I made the mistake of waiting for the packet 3 checklist to get mailed to me. I waited one month - pretty much set us back a month.

- Once you send your packet 3 off, make sure you pick the service that provides a tracking number, so you're able to know when it arrives. As soon as you find out, send Montreal or Vancouver (whichever embassy will hold your interview) an e-mail and let them know that you sent packet 3, it's arrived, and ask when you'll receive packet 4 notification. My embassy is Montreal, and they are notoriously slow with processing things. Be on top of everything by sending them e-mails - unfortunately, you can't call them.

- Get all the required vaccination shots in preparation for your medical while you are waiting for packet 4. Once you receive it, book your interview. Some panel doctors refuse to give you an appointment unless you have an interview date. It is harder to get an early interview with Montreal. Vancouver is pretty good.

Anyway, send me an email/message on here if you need help!

K1 Visa AOS

10/21/13: I-129F Sent 07/12/14: Married

11/01/13: I-129F NOA1 (Texas Service Center) 08/20/14: (I-485, I-765, I-131) Mailed Out

02/19/14: I-129F NOA2 (110 days) 08/26/14: NOA's received (Nebraska Service Center)

03/04/14: NVC Received 09/17/14: Bio Appointment

03/07/14: NVC Left 11/14/14: EAD & AP Approved (86 days)

03/13/14: Consulate Received 11/18/14: EAD & AP approval letter received

04/09/14: Packet 4 Received 11/20/14: EAD Card Received!

04/24/14: Interview Date - APPROVED (174 days) 12/11/14: Potential Interview Letter received

05/18/15: Card Ordered To Be Produced

Timeline

Maybe this link will help too? I'm thinking it can't hurt, if you have the time, just to visit the embassy and see if you can pick up the packet?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/461078-starting-our-k1-journey/?p=6596051

Steve&Hazel, on 20 Oct 2013 - 11:01 PM, said:snapback.png

The only problem with him just going to the embassy is that he needs the call in letter OR the email version of the call in letter stating that he has been authorized to come pick it up... an identification of sorts. But honestly, if we don't get the letter in the mail by Friday or a legitimate response to my email inquiries I will probably just send him there next Wednesday anyways, it can't hurt anything. Sigh... I thought this part would be slightly easier and faster but boy was I wrong!

Timeline

Renee i think you should keep emailing them or have your man call them to ask, the embassy can some times be unreliable..... let me know if you need me to go with him to the embassy or something...

I just emailed them again requesting an electronic version of the call-in letter if possible. And thanks, we appreciate that. Will let you know!

Timeline

Renee our consulate is Ghana, myt have made a mistake when I was creating the account. I got my packet today, just keep emailing them, they will eventually send u the letter, and u cnt just go to the embassy, u will be sent back ryt at the gate, I witnessed some ppl being sent back cos they had no letter. So keep emailing them

Timeline

Renee our consulate is Ghana, myt have made a mistake when I was creating the account. I got my packet today, just keep emailing them, they will eventually send u the letter, and u cnt just go to the embassy, u will be sent back ryt at the gate, I witnessed some ppl being sent back cos they had no letter. So keep emailing them

haha Ok, I was thinking it was just an accident you put Armenia... I emailed them this morning and got a response like 30 mins later!!! They told me if the letter did not come in the coming week that I could forward my fiance the email and he could print it out and take that with him to get into the consular section!!! SO HAPPY Thank you for telling me to just keep on it... I was going to wait a few days to email but with you and KayG telling me to keep bugging them it worked-- THANKS AGAIN!! Congrats on getting your packets :) When will your interview be?? I am VERY curious... since ours will likely be around the same time frame.

Timeline

haha Ok, I was thinking it was just an accident you put Armenia... I emailed them this morning and got a response like 30 mins later!!! They told me if the letter did not come in the coming week that I could forward my fiance the email and he could print it out and take that with him to get into the consular section!!! SO HAPPY Thank you for telling me to just keep on it... I was going to wait a few days to email but with you and KayG telling me to keep bugging them it worked-- THANKS AGAIN!! Congrats on getting your packets smile.png When will your interview be?? I am VERY curious... since ours will likely be around the same time frame.

good! now that you have that email, have your fiance in ghana print it out and take it with him next week wednesday. don't waste time going back and forth to the post office to check for the letter. just have your fiance print that email and go to the embassy for his packets.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.