kalusha

Packet #3 Mailed in Ghana

4 posts in this topic

Hello VJ family,

My fiance in Ghana has been waiting for her packet #3 for 3 weeks 2 days now and still nothing in the mail. I called state department and they checked their system and said that the mail was sent from the consulate in Ghana on the 2nd of May. Has anyone gone through this consulate in Ghana experience this before? What should i do? I sent an email to NIVACCRA@state.gov to request status and to see if we could pick it up and still no reply. Is there a particular carrier they use in Ghana so it can be checked? Any suggestions anyone? I am so mad seeing that the approval NOA2 has a deadline on it.

Timeline for N-400   
Package Sent ----> 3/13/17

Package Received ---> Friday, March 17, 2017 @ 3:50 am

CC Charged ---->  3/20/2017
NOA ----> 3/23/17                                                                                
Finger Prints ---> 4/14/2017 --> Early FP 4/12/17!!
Inline for an Interview notice received ---> 4/14/17
Interview Scheduled ---> Waiting for letter in the mail to see the actual date.  8/30/17
letter in the mail arrived ---> 9/5/17
Interview Date ---> 10/05/17
Oath ---> 10/12/2017

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Hi, My sister have same problem and this what they asked her to do and i think your fiance can do same thing. In Accra

Thank you for your e-mail inquiry.

Our records indicate that a call-in letter was mailed out on November 19, 2012. If the applicant has not received the letter, they may come to the U.S. Embassy Accra on any business Wednesday morning at 7:30 am to pick up the appointment package. The package will have the instructions necessary to proceed further with the case. Please be aware that the applicant will drop off this letter in the morning and then return at 2:00 p.m. to receive the package and interview date.

The applicant should also bring a copy of this email to be admitted to the Consular Section.

We hope this information is helpful to you.

Sincerely,

U.S. Embassy Accra

Consular Section

Edited by mbarima

Hi, My sister have same problem and this what they asked her to do and i think your fiance can do same thing. In Accra

Thank you for your e-mail inquiry.

Our records indicate that a call-in letter was mailed out on November 19, 2012. If the applicant has not received the letter, they may come to the U.S. Embassy Accra on any business Wednesday morning at 7:30 am to pick up the appointment package. The package will have the instructions necessary to proceed further with the case. Please be aware that the applicant will drop off this letter in the morning and then return at 2:00 p.m. to receive the package and interview date.

The applicant should also bring a copy of this email to be admitted to the Consular Section.

Sincerely,

U.S. Embassy Accra

Consular Section

Thanks for this wonderful information. But how will my fiance obtain an email like this if she has not yet received anything of this sort to take to the consulate section? Also which letter will the applicant drop off in the morning and to return in the afternoon? I am sorry but it all seem confusing to me, Please elaborate a little more if you don't mind. thanks

Timeline for N-400   

NOA ----> 3/23/17                                                                                
Interview Scheduled ---> Waiting for letter in the mail to see the actual date.  8/30/17
Oath ---> 10/12/2017

So after i sent an email to the embassy about my fiance not getting the mail they claimed to have sent it to her i got this back. This is really making me fraustrated. How are we gonna proceed with this case if we don't get what we need to move on? it has been over 3 weeks and so i sent a second email to them. What should i do?

RE: ACCXXXXXXXXXX

Dear Mr. Appiah,

Thank you for your email inquiry.

We wish to inform you that we do not discuss details of a case via email, mail or telephone. Only Consular Officers do at the time of the applicant’s interview. If there are any questions to be raised the applicant should bring it up at the next follow up interview.

Sincerely,

U.S. Embassy Accra

Consular Section

Note: You should never pay for travel arrangements (e.g., airfare, hotels) without having a visa in your possession. The U.S. Embassy accepts no responsibility if you do so. We are unable to guarantee the issuance of a U.S. visa before a fixed travel date. You risk significant financial losses if you ignore this advice.

**** Please include your case number in all correspondence ****

Thanks for this wonderful information. But how will my fiance obtain an email like this if she has not yet received anything of this sort to take to the consulate section? Also which letter will the applicant drop off in the morning and to return in the afternoon? I am sorry but it all seem confusing to me, Please elaborate a little more if you don't mind. thanks

Edited by kalusha
Timeline for N-400   

NOA ----> 3/23/17                                                                                
Oath ---> 10/12/2017

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.