TJNeumeyer

disappointed to receive a RFE

21 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

How many days exactly u received ur RFE hardcopy in the mail? Coz when my fiance called the USCIS for our RFE, they said we have to wait 15 days! But thats too long..!

I received it a week after I got an email notice from USCIS.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Finally got the RFE in the mail. It was as I feared. They want more evidence that my fiance and I have personally met in the last 2 years. We were employed in the same place for a year. I don't know how much more proof I can give. I got the cruise line we worked for to write letters confirming our dates of employment & show that we were assigned to the same ship. I'm going to send copies of our passports, but they don't have stamps from the cruise line. My fiance's has stamps from when he came to the US to visit me before we filed. Will this be enough?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

Finally got the RFE in the mail. It was as I feared. They want more evidence that my fiance and I have personally met in the last 2 years. We were employed in the same place for a year. I don't know how much more proof I can give. I got the cruise line we worked for to write letters confirming our dates of employment & show that we were assigned to the same ship. I'm going to send copies of our passports, but they don't have stamps from the cruise line. My fiance's has stamps from when he came to the US to visit me before we filed. Will this be enough?

I *think* this has to do with the letters from the cruise line being secondary rather than primary evidence. If the dates that he visited you in the US were within the last 2 years before you filed, you should send those in. Do you have credit card receipts that show you were in the same city/port at the same time? How about paystubs from each of you from the same months that come from the same employer (i.e. the cruise line) that show you were both employed at the same time?

ETA: Just read one of your earlier posts that said you sent in boarding passes - were those from the April trip? Wonder why those weren't sufficient...maybe it's the passport stamps they want?

Edited by kitthekat

Flying to Seattle on 6 May 2014!

Timeline

I didn't send the letter from the cruise line with the packet. I was going to send the letter as a response to the RFE with the stamps. I sent the boarding passes from his visit in April. I guess it wasn't enough which was why I was going to send the stamps. The cruise line did direct deposit so we don't have pay stubs. We also don't have credit card receipts for being the same place because if we were stationed in the States, he didn't use his card and when we were stationed in Europe I didn't use mine :(

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

For boarding passes - I wonder if it's a stretch to say that someone could have boarded the flight, arrived at customs, but denied entry (thus no entry stamp). Therefore, the passes on their own weren't good enough and the entry stamps are needed? Must have been a real nitpicky adjudicator though. Anyway, it sounds like you're good to go with all the evidence you've gathered. Don't feel too disappointed about the RFE, once you send the reply, I'm sure the approval will be right around the corner. :)

Flying to Seattle on 6 May 2014!

Timeline

I hope everything I'm sending with the RFE is enough, because we honestly don't have anything else if it isn't. Thanks for the positive encouragement :) I hope we get our NOA2 after they receive everything

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.