cokebbeh

Phone Cards to Africa

22 posts in this topic

Hello All,

I am trying to find out if any of you know of a phone company that offer good calling plans to Africa. I use calling cards and you cannot get the numbers you call on your phone bill, only the 1 800 number. I have been using my cell phone for international calling, so as to have some records, but it is killing me. Any one have any website or could share the details...

Thank you all.

USCIS PROCESS

06-13-06 > Sent I-130 to Californian Service Center.

07-12-06 > NOA 1 Received

07-17-06 > I-130 Checks cashed.

09-26-06 > USCIS touched case.

09-27-06 Case Approved. No RFE or hicupps. Koool

NVC PROCESS

10-04-06 > Case number Assigned.

10-16-06 > DS2032 and AOS fee generated

10-17-06 > Paid AOS fee using Jame's shortcut

10-17--06> Wife E-mailed Choice of Agent DS2032

10-24-06 > Choice of agent accepted.

10-30-06 > IV fee bill generated.

11-08-06 > Sent I864 E-Z using James shortcut.

11-16-06 > Received and sent IV fee bill next day delivery.

11-21-06 > IV fee entered into NVC system

11-22-06 > NVC system tells me some documents mssing or incomplete,. Turns out to be DS230

11-24-06 > Sent DS 230 form with evidence using James shortcut.

11-27-06 > DS230 entered into NVC system.

12-14-06 > RFE on marriage certificate. NVC states it is not the original.

12-15-06 > Sent and e-mail and called to argue that the document is indeed the original. Lady said she will have a supervisor look at it.

12-26-06 > Called again to see if a supervisor looked at it. 12-27-06 > Delivered at the NVC at 11:47AM. Still waiting to hear the completion of my case...

01-16--07 > CASE COMPLETED

03-20-07> Interview in Dakar, CO was not satisfied with Employer letter. Reschedule for 03-27

03-27-07> CR1 Visa Approved was told to pick up on in 2 days

04-14-07> Entered the US, JFK, no hassles.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

I had the land line phone bill record, but I also kept some of the phone cards and submitted them with the paperwork. I think if you can print emails or messenger notes, that would be a great help as well.

7/20/05 - Visa received in the mail

9/13/05 - Arrival to Texas FINALLY!!!

12/2/05 - Wedding

1/25/06 - AOS/EAD sent

1/26/06 - AOS/EAD received at USCIS

02/4/06 - NOA received for EAD

02/6/06 - NOA received for AOS

02/7/06 - ASC appt notice rcv'd

03/2/06 - Biometrics appt.

05/15/06 - AOS Approval (stamp in passport)

05/23/06 - Received Welcome letter

05/26/06 - Green Card arrived in mail yaaaahhooooo

08/10/06 - Hubby 1st job in US

05/15/08 - ??? what next

Filed: Other Country: Jamaica
Timeline
try www.pimgo.com they track your phone calls and you can print the records fr your interview. My husband still uses it because you get all the minutes paid for. its just like making a regular phone call.. no bad lconnections or loss of min due to bad connections.

I agree! Pingo is excellent!

ALL things work TOGETHER for GOOD!

I see that pingo gets a thumbs up. I have been using www.raza.com. I think I will give pingo a try!!!!!!

****Removal of Conditions ****

7/13/09 Sent I-751 application VSC

7/16/09 Package arrived at VSC at 2:08pm signed by D. Renaud

7/24/09 Rcvd I-797C, NOA from VSC

7/29/09 Rcvd Biometric letter...biometrics appt 8/18/09

11/24/09 Rcvd ROC approval ltr...dated 11/18/09

12/04/09 Rcvd 10 yr Green Card in mail

Filed: Timeline
try www.pimgo.com they track your phone calls and you can print the records fr your interview. My husband still uses it because you get all the minutes paid for. its just like making a regular phone call.. no bad lconnections or loss of min due to bad connections.

Felshen, I was looking at the pingo site and wanted to sign up. They ask if someone has refered me and to enter their email address, so that person can get five dollars worth of free calls. Anyway, I was going to put you, but don't have your email address. If you want to give me your email, I would gladly say you refered me. It looks like a real nice system, I think it cant hurt to try it out. Thanks.

Felshen, I was looking at the pingo site and wanted to sign up. They ask if someone has refered me and to enter their email address, so that person can get five dollars worth of free calls. Anyway, I was going to put you, but don't have your email address. If you want to give me your email, I would gladly say you refered me. It looks like a real nice system, I think it cant hurt to try it out. Thanks.

Thanks my husband could always use the credit. Its felshen@yahoo.com. we love it and as I said he even still uses it now almost a year after arriving here. We use about $20-30 a month and it just automatically recharges. It also helps me keep track of everyones # over there since its right there in the system!

Edited by felshen
.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Liberia
Timeline

I'm also going to try pingo.com. I'm always looking for new ways to call Liberia and also, all of my friends in Nigeria and Ghana. Thanks for the reference.

I'm also going to try pingo.com. I'm always looking for new ways to call Liberia and also, all of my friends in Nigeria and Ghana. Thanks for the reference.

I signed up for pingo yesterday and I can tell you it is a great service. You can see all the calls you made withing seconds of the completion of the calls. I mean the number you are calling from and the one you are calling to. Also great rates and no connection. I will recommend it for anyone who wants to try.

USCIS PROCESS

06-13-06 > Sent I-130 to Californian Service Center.

07-12-06 > NOA 1 Received

07-17-06 > I-130 Checks cashed.

09-26-06 > USCIS touched case.

09-27-06 Case Approved. No RFE or hicupps. Koool

NVC PROCESS

10-04-06 > Case number Assigned.

10-16-06 > DS2032 and AOS fee generated

10-17-06 > Paid AOS fee using Jame's shortcut

10-17--06> Wife E-mailed Choice of Agent DS2032

10-24-06 > Choice of agent accepted.

10-30-06 > IV fee bill generated.

11-08-06 > Sent I864 E-Z using James shortcut.

11-16-06 > Received and sent IV fee bill next day delivery.

11-21-06 > IV fee entered into NVC system

11-22-06 > NVC system tells me some documents mssing or incomplete,. Turns out to be DS230

11-24-06 > Sent DS 230 form with evidence using James shortcut.

11-27-06 > DS230 entered into NVC system.

12-14-06 > RFE on marriage certificate. NVC states it is not the original.

12-15-06 > Sent and e-mail and called to argue that the document is indeed the original. Lady said she will have a supervisor look at it.

12-26-06 > Called again to see if a supervisor looked at it. 12-27-06 > Delivered at the NVC at 11:47AM. Still waiting to hear the completion of my case...

01-16--07 > CASE COMPLETED

03-20-07> Interview in Dakar, CO was not satisfied with Employer letter. Reschedule for 03-27

03-27-07> CR1 Visa Approved was told to pick up on in 2 days

04-14-07> Entered the US, JFK, no hassles.

Thanks my husband could always use the credit. Its felshen@yahoo.com. we love it and as I said he even still uses it now almost a year after arriving here. We use about $20-30 a month and it just automatically recharges. It also helps me keep track of everyones # over there since its right there in the system!

One more question, to make sure, they want your email address that was used when you set up your pingo account. Is that the one you used? wanted to check before I go ahead and put my payment in. silly, huh? Thanks.

One more question, to make sure, they want your email address that was used when you set up your pingo account. Is that the one you used? wanted to check before I go ahead and put my payment in. silly, huh? Thanks.

\Yep thats my one and only email. I just know that you are gonna love pingo!

.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Pingo is awesome!

La Verdadera y El Sincero - Siempre

2005 - 2006 Spent falling in love

22 May 2006 My journey to Nigeria

24 May 2006 David proposes to me

9 June 2006 Mailed I129F to TSC

30 June 2006 NOA-1

Case Transferred to CSC

27 July 2006 Touched

5 Sept 2006 Called USCIS for case / IMBRA status

14 Sept 2006 Touched

19 Sept 2006 Touched Again!

23 Sept 2006 Received IMBRA RFE by postal mail (postmarked 20 Sept 2006)

25 Sept 2006 Response to IMBRA RFE sent Priority Mail w/Delivery Confirmation

29 Sept 2006 Rec'd Email stating RFE received

1 Oct 2006 Touched - Same RFE rec'd message

17 Oct 2006 NOA-2 Rec'd via Email

23 Oct 2006 NOA-2 Rec'd via Postal Mail

9 Nov 2006 Email from NVC (response to my inquiry) w/NVC case# - file to Lagos 6 Nov

13 Nov 2006 Received NVC letter via Postal Mail

20 Nov 2006 Fiance went to Lagos Consulate- Interview Date Received

7 Feb 2007 Interview-VISA GRANTED!!! -

12 Feb 2007 Visa in Hand!!! ***Scheduled arrival 23 Feb 2007***

23 Feb 2007 Arrived JFK USA!!!

12 May 2007 Married

23 May 2007 Filed AOS

25 May 2007 Rec'd NOA1

Felshen~ I have got the chance to try pingo, you were absolutely correct. I love it, thanks so much. I hope you will get your $5.00 of calls soon. I have always used African Dream calling card and it gives me problems, I am sure you know, I don't need to say. Problems, problems, problems, expecially on the weekends. Well, I said let me try pingo on the weekend, the call went through the first time. Hmmmm, how wonderful. Thanks again, have a good weekend.

Felshen~ I have got the chance to try pingo, you were absolutely correct. I love it, thanks so much. I hope you will get your $5.00 of calls soon. I have always used African Dream calling card and it gives me problems, I am sure you know, I don't need to say. Problems, problems, problems, expecially on the weekends. Well, I said let me try pingo on the weekend, the call went through the first time. Hmmmm, how wonderful. Thanks again, have a good weekend.

Thank you.. we just got the credit! I am glad you are enjoying it. we fell in love the first try as well. I was wasting 50-60 on calling cards and barely getting 3 hrs of talk time I was so frustarated. I recall getting mad at my sweetie because of the network!. It amazes me how the network to call here is so much better that us calling in with these calling cards! Happy holidays, I am sure you will enjoy the clear reception over the holidays!

.png

Filed: Other Country: Jamaica
Timeline

F.Y.I.

If you are relying on Pingo to provide you with a calling history, keep in mind that Pingo only keeps your history for up to 12 months. This past week we were in the process of retrieving our records for our AOS interview, and took the time to read the 'tiny' disclaimer. None of this is being said to imply anything negative regarding Pingo. We use it all of the time, and have been very pleased. Just wanted everyone to know just in case you are needing documentation for a time later than a 12 month period.

Boaz

ALL things work TOGETHER for GOOD!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.