Daniyal

Travel plans

4 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Got the passport after three days of interview.

Ticket is expensive $1400.

I am not going to go for good...since I have a decent job in my country. Will keep traveling for at least 2 years.

My question is ... once I land..how long will it take for me to get the green card. And if I return in 20-25 days would it be ok if I don't get the green card till then, and still a couple of months left on visa expiry?

Got the passport after three days of interview.

Ticket is expensive $1400.

I am not going to go for good...since I have a decent job in my country. Will keep traveling for at least 2 years.

My question is ... once I land..how long will it take for me to get the green card. And if I return in 20-25 days would it be ok if I don't get the green card till then, and still a couple of months left on visa expiry?

At least your ticket is not $2400 like what I have to pay per person to travel to my wife's country. The FB-4 visa is an immigration visa. When you enter the US using it, it will be stamped to act like a GC for typically 1 year. You must meet the requirements of a LPR after you use the visa to gain entry into the US. I highly recommend you get very familiar with what those requiremesnts are so you do not risk loosing your LPR status and thus the GC.

To live in the US as a LPR means you must spend more time in the US than outside. It sounds like you do not want to leave your job for another 2 years. So my question is, "Why did you apply for a visa to become a LPR when you have no intentions to live in the US?" Your best bet for this to work is to wait until the very last possible moment to use the visa to enter the US--that is typically 6 months. Then apply for a re-entry permit so you can re-enter after being outside the US for more than a year. Your plan is to travel back to the US every 5-6 months and spend a few days or weeks in the US. The CBP will catch on before your two years are up and you will loose the GC. We see people asking this question several times here on VJ. Either you are a LPR of the US and live IN the US or you are trying to use the GC like a tourist visa and it will eventually be taken away from you.

Dave

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

My visa is F4 category. It was applied 12 years ago. So for the first 10 years I wanted to stay for good in the US. But things change and so do circumstances.

I think its beyond common sense that people should stop living their lives accordingly because the US government applied retrogression.

I know quite a few people doing this. They go for a visit and then come back, sometimes at the airport questions are asked indeed. But quitting everything in a few months is close to impossible for anyone as a matter of fact. I didn't know 12 years...in fact 2 years ago when exactly will I get the VISA.

If I find a decent job there I will stay for good...even if its the first visit.

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline

If you well settled being in Pakistan, There is no point of coming here in the State, i would rather stay with friends and family, If you think you would get a decent job you might get, but the competition is tough here so you don't want to run the risk of something you would have to regret on down the road. otherwise the choice is yours

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.