JAYANN & JAY

Adjustment of Status

34 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello everyone. I was reading the guide on how to file for AOS. Can anyone let me know what else we need to submit? What proofs do we have to submit to show that we are married? I currently live with my parents in our basement so we do not have a lease since the house belongs to my parents. We are trying to open a joint account at BoA this week and hoping that they will allow him even without a SSN. Any advice? We are trying to mail the AOS at the end of October. Thanks.

JAYANN & JAY

K1 VISA PROCESS

03.05.13: I-129F Sent
03.12.13: I-129F NOA1 (Vermont Service Center)
07.12.13: I-129F NOA2 (Petition approved)

08.27.13: Interview - APPROVED

09.23.13: POE to JFK

10.08.13: WEDDING DAY

AOS PROCESS

11.02.13: AOS/AP/EAD Sent

11.08.13: NOA1

12.11.13:Biometrics

01.06.14: EAD/AP combo card received

02.07.14: Received an interview waiver letter

04.18.14: Green Card received

ROC PROCESS

03.08.16: ROC Sent

03.12.16: NOA1

04.04.16:Biometrics

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello everyone. I was reading the guide on how to file for AOS. Can anyone let me know what else we need to submit? What proofs do we have to submit to show that we are married? I currently live with my parents in our basement so we do not have a lease since the house belongs to my parents. We are trying to open a joint account at BoA this week and hoping that they will allow him even without a SSN. Any advice? We are trying to mail the AOS at the end of October. Thanks.

Proof of marriage? The marriage certificate. You have to include a certified copy of the marriage certificate.

Don't need bank info or anything like that for AOS.

Follow the GUIDE http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1k3aos

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

Proof of marriage? The marriage certificate. You have to include a certified copy of the marriage certificate.

Don't need bank info or anything like that for AOS.

Follow the GUIDE http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1k3aos

So a certified copy of our marriage certificate would be ok and a few pics of our wedding? Someone told me that I need to submit a joint account from the bank and some sort of lease that we are living together but I don't have my own apartment since I live with my parents in our basement.

Also one more thing for the Affidavit of Support no need for bank statement correct? I just submit the I-864 form plus tax transcript, W-2 forms, employment letter & paystubs correct?

Edited by JAYANN & JAY

JAYANN & JAY

K1 VISA PROCESS

AOS PROCESS

ROC PROCESS

Timeline

So a certified copy of our marriage certificate would be ok and a few pics of our wedding? Someone told me that I need to submit a joint account from the bank and some sort of lease that we are living together but I don't have my own apartment since I live with my parents in our basement.

Yup just a certified copy of the marriage certificate.

AOS doesn't require photos of the two of you.

"Someone" should read the guide so they stop giving bad information. ;)

http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1k3aos

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Speaking of bank account, my husband has used BoA, and we are trying to open joint account, too. I don't have SSN yet.

A worker at the bank says to open an account and make a new debit card, I have to bring my passport and other identification. So I am going to take my credit card that I used in South Korea. I am not allowed to make a credit card because I don't have my SSN, and there is nothing I can prove my credit.

I am going to the bank tomorrow. Hope it helps to you. :D

Timeline

Yup just a certified copy of the marriage certificate.

AOS doesn't require photos of the two of you.

"Someone" should read the guide so they stop giving bad information. wink.png

http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1k3aos

Thanks Hank :) I agree this person giving me wrong information does not have a clue of what she is doing...hahaha.

So basically all those forms on the guide are to be submitted plus the certified copy of our marriage certificate and the supporting evidence for the Affidavit of Support?

JAYANN & JAY

K1 VISA PROCESS

AOS PROCESS

ROC PROCESS

Timeline

Thanks Hank smile.png I agree this person giving me wrong information does not have a clue of what she is doing...hahaha.

So basically all those forms on the guide are to be submitted plus the certified copy of our marriage certificate and the supporting evidence for the Affidavit of Support?

Yup, follow the guide.

What "someone" seems to be talking about is ROC when won't happen for two years yet for you two.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

Yup, follow the guide.

What "someone" seems to be talking about is ROC when won't happen for two years yet for you two.

Thanks! We have more than enough time to gather all that stuff for the ROC in 2 years. smile.png

JAYANN & JAY

K1 VISA PROCESS

AOS PROCESS

ROC PROCESS

• 2 weeks later...

Oh my bad. I am not doing my home work. I haven't been doing my reading here in VJ lately. We went to the bank yesterday applied for joint account knowing it is required.

But I'm glad I'm getting to mode again in reading Visa Journey. And thank you this topic is very helpful. My I-94 expires end of Nov. , got my Marriage certified copy, applied for SSN (unfortunately =( they advised us to use my maiden name first and will be receiving the card within 10days). Working on filling up the required forms hopefully to be completed and be sent by end of October.

Been so relaxed this past few weeks after the wedding. Didn't realize there's a lot things needed to be done in preparing for the next step for AOS.ClockWatch2.gifidea9dv.gif

N-400 (Online - Seattle Field Office)

(00days) 2018-10-01 Filed ONLINE - received Payment Confirmation the same day - paid by Credit Card

(04days) 2018-10-05 Received NOA by mail

(05days) 2018-10-06 Received email - Biometrics appointment is scheduled

(09days) 2018-10-10 Check my online account and my Biotmetrics Notification is attached and available

(11days) 2018-10-12 Biometrics (fingerprinting) completed - Walk-in no problem; saved 2 weeks (Original appointment date is Oct. 26)

(436days) 2019-12-11 I am US Citizen now!!!

You do not have to file AOS before the I-94 expires, so don't feel rushed.

Seriously? dry.png . Glad to hear that good.gif . Curt and I will be away for 2 weeks in Nov. that's why I thought of having it submitted before the trip. rolleyes.gif

N-400 (Online - Seattle Field Office)

(00days) 2018-10-01 Filed ONLINE - received Payment Confirmation the same day - paid by Credit Card

(04days) 2018-10-05 Received NOA by mail

(05days) 2018-10-06 Received email - Biometrics appointment is scheduled

(09days) 2018-10-10 Check my online account and my Biotmetrics Notification is attached and available

(11days) 2018-10-12 Biometrics (fingerprinting) completed - Walk-in no problem; saved 2 weeks (Original appointment date is Oct. 26)

(436days) 2019-12-11 I am US Citizen now!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.